Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Thinking of getting my steering wheel re-trimmed also, potentially.

Seen this online (theirs are quite faded looking) but don’t think it’s for me the more I look at it. Think I’d like mine just redone in plain oem style leather or similar with potential improvements? Ideas? Where do you guys recommend?

Cheers
Joe

Attachments

• 3a1f7fd5-a6b1-476e-8ad1-029220db2ab3.jpeg
    3a1f7fd5-a6b1-476e-8ad1-029220db2ab3.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 0

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Thinking of getting my steering wheel re-trimmed also, potentially.

Seen this online (theirs are quite faded looking) but don’t think it’s for me the more I look at it. Think I’d like mine just redone in plain oem style leather or similar with potential improvements? Ideas? Where do you guys recommend?

Cheers
Joe
Have seen these guys recommended quite a few times on other forums. Maybe worth a look?

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Just looking at their website actually, I remembered about this company after I posted the above. Looking at their gallery of Nissan steering wheels they all look too modern to me to suit the car properly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Il look more 👍

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Royal Steering Wheels above. They've done a couple for me and they've been fantastic. Have had one done through Arek as well if you want somewhere local.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's done good work for me.

That's the Honda wheel he did for me, nothing wrong with that and has been absolutely fine. It's a custom style too.

IMG-20221013-WA0000.jpg

Have had a couple of other wheels done by Royal as well and they're top notch.

Just options.

Last edited:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Had my wheel done by royal also.

Added alcantara to the oem wheel and it just added a nice touch

Although I’m fighting the daily urge to put on a quick release and a grip royal/nardi lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Hoping to get some nice photos of the car when complete and have a few framed pictures on the wall in the garage of the build and it finished.

I have gave the garage walls a fresh coat of paint and new floor etc for the big lady coming home, so the pictures will finish it off nicely.

who all is recommended for photos?

@Reinis is the main man I assume? Who else is there available? 😊

Thanks
Joe

Last edited:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Hoping to get some nice photos of the car when complete and have a few framed pictures on the wall in the garage of the build and it finished.

I have gave the garage walls a fresh coat of paint and new floor etc for the big lady coming home, so the pictures will finish it off nicely.

who all is recommended for photos?

@Reinis is the main man I assume? Who else is there available? 😊

Thanks
Joe
@Reno_LV is the man you need and your car deserves

Proof

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
When OCD takes over…. Trying out my new expensive laser toy to bring the underside back to bear metal to clear away all old dirt, underseal and any surface rust leaving a clean metal finish ready for fresh paint & QM1 coloured underseal 😍

Will be great once it’s finished
IMG_2835.jpeg

Progress shot

8c3b896b-9f32-488f-ad91-f4e1da3ccb9b.jpeg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Not bad for an hours work or so once started, both sides done… finished to perfect flat metal.

Little run over it to finish here & there but it’s so awesome using this laser machine 😃😍

Before:View attachment 429365

After:
View attachment 429367
Joe

What laser machine is that? I'm having to do with with a grinder and knotted wire wheel at the moment and it's a b*llox

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Sorry for the late response been busy dealing with family illness etc

Pulse laser cleaning machine, extensive bit of kit but plan to start a side business with it.

Will be used to clean up smoke damage, graffiti, strip metal & wood from paint/oil/grease etc and many other uses.