Skyline R33 Spec2

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Funny you mentioned Japwestmods, just read this thread on driftworks this morning. BUYING FROM JAPWESTMOD CAUTION!!!!!

Yeah I hear nothing but bad things about them. The example I used above was actually my mate who tried to buy an S15 aero front bumper from them. Avoid like the plague! Hard to find a reputable source for jap parts. I've had no hassles with JDM Distro over the years and used them plenty👍🏻

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
@ossy2004 please for the love of god do not skimp on coil packs, I bought the benchmark ones of Poirot on the GTR forum and one turned itself into a blowtorch when the car was up at Richards.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I’d be happy with 400+ prefer not to forge as il be spending enough money on it 🤮
@ossy2004 please for the love of god do not skimp on coil packs, I bought the benchmark ones of Poirot on the GTR forum and one turned itself into a blowtorch when the car was up at Richards.
That’s what’s been in the car when I bought it… one was playing up recently and I replaced them all in a rush with new 6 pack of new ones. They’re fine currently but if I’m going the route I plan il change them for sure 👍

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
You going the 6boost mated to a precision turbo route? If you spot anywhere doing good deals on new splitfires let us know! Good to see a car progressing!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Spoke to a Richard Bradley… I’ve to ring back tomorrow to get a shopping list together and has directed me towards auto extreme who I’ve messaged and have most stuff that I think I need in stock so il see where I end up.

Haven’t paid the paint bill yet and I’m looking at these expensive go faster parts 😬🙈

Don’t tell the wife… il pretend it’s going for another oil service 🤣

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
The mighty 33 is still at the bodyshop.

I’m still fighting with myself what to do about colour, leaning oem Qm1 again but since I love a good green, green millenium jade has been playing on my head abit, thoughts?

e3139e39-cc85-4284-aa90-aa45d5ca0631.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That green always looks amazing on them. A bit obvious maybe but there's a reason for that. It looks fantastic. That or purple 😇

I do like them in while too though.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Called round… paint supplier rang when standing there… was asked what colour, QM1. Clean and original suppose and hold value better as most of you say. That’s that 😅
Just a solid bright glossy red. Would look incredible imo.
Seen a low miler recently imported one that was factory red, didn’t like it 🤷🏻‍♂️

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I love the R33's in white to be honest. Best colour for them.

Do love a good dark purple like Midnight Purple ll and Millennium Jade is also great, but not sure they work so well on 33's as they do on 34's.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Both headlights weren’t in great condition, not the worst but rear of them covered in overspray from previous owners and generally abit faded.

Stripped them, scatched them up and wiped them down and give them a coating of satin black and I think it has improved them alot.
IMG_8686.jpeg

Both headlights gone quite faded and yellow up front, one of them bit dirty inside. So I went through the grades and sanded them down and polished them up. I tried opening them up but someone been there before me and used so much sealant it was almost impossible. So I striped what I could of the internals to make easier access and made a long tool so I can get inside and wipe it all down. Came up a treat 👍
IMG_8711.jpeg

IMG_8712.jpeg
IMG_8714.jpeg

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Unsure if I’m gona lacquer them to be honest, won’t that chip with stones and look a bit tired after a while? I’ve no experience with it but I’ve heard it’s the way to go. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Heading to get primed shortly.
IMG_8707.jpeg

Got the right suspension tower operated on, there was a small rust spot forming so they cut it out and welding a new reinforced section in. These are the first areas in these cars to rust… considering there was one tiny spot forming it’s pretty decent for it’s age.
IMG_8718.jpeg