Smart Parking Limited parking fine

Ant

RMS Regular
Just got one fir 3hrs15mins of being at the puergym and a coffee afterwards in ground at lisburn

Ignore smartparking and give off to the gym then aye?

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
Complain to the gym and coffee shop. They may point you to the Centre manager if it's a group of shops.
They should be able to cancel it, definitely don't appeal it or open any communication with the parking company.

Do keep ALL correspondence for future reference, just in case. They can, in theory, go back up to six years.

jf5595

Drives
seat
Smart parking issued me PCN several weeks ago. I've got it because I forgot to put my new car reg into the system at work. managers emailed off explaining this and there not interested in getting rid of the pcn. I appealed to smart parking and explained to them and even sent them the emails from a manager and still there not interested in getting rid of the pcn. I've just recently got a letter from a debt recovery firm wanting money out of me... what do I do know. any help please.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Covered many times on here, they aren’t enforceable so chuck it in the bin, use it to wipe your arse etc etc

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
The debt recovery letters will keep escalating the cost, once they start to reduce the cost, you're near the end of the letter trail.
DO NOT enter into any correspondence with them.
DO keep everything, despite advice above.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys

What about UKPC - can they do anything to come after you in Northern Ireland?
Parked in disabled bay, my wife forgot to display blue badge.

Motability car by the way.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
No, none of them can.

You can argue the point of the valid blue badge with the shopping centre manage and have it quashed.

Mrs S has done this successfully in Bloomfields in Bangor.

Just don’t appeal the ticket or make yourself known to UKPC

ShaunB

RMS Regular
So it seems they now have our address., receive a letter stating stuff, like you're the registered keeper, and you need to tell us who was the driver if it was not you.
If you do not pay, we get debt recovery involved blah blah blah
What happens next then?
More and more letters, at what point do the ****ers give up?

Last edited:

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
So it seems they now have our address., receive a letter stating stuff, like you're the registered keeper, and you need to tell us who was the driver if it was not you.
If you do not pay, we get debt recovery involved blah blah blah
What happens next then?
More and more letters, at what point do the ****ers give up?
You'll get reduced fees next. Just keep winning them

Smith1689

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice please.

I received a parking fine from smart Parking on 19th Dec, for a parking charge date 27th Nov in Morley.
Now, while I dont deny that I was parked there, i had never been to this shop before and therefore never noticed the parking signs or meter. My new born was screaming his tits off and it was pouring with rain so I made a mad dash to get us both quickly in to the shop. I was parked from 14.31pm to 14.54pm, so literally was only 20 mins. I no longer have the store receipt, but did pay by card so the transaction is on my bank statement.

Has anyone an experience of not paying these people? What are the implications of not paying? Will they get a bailiff out to me? I'm worried that it will affect any sort of credit rating etc... I've never had this before so totally unsure what to do. I've been advised to pay and also had people tell me not to pay as a parking charge notice so not enforceable. Can anyone please clarify.

Cheers,

Lorna

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Hi all,

I received a parking fine from smart Parking on 19th Dec, for a parking charge date 27th Nov in Morley.
Now, while I dont deny that I was parked there, i had never been to this shop before and therefore never noticed the parking signs or meter. My new born was screaming his tits off and it was pouring with rain so I made a mad dash to get us both quickly in to the shop. I was parked from 14.31pm to 14.54pm, so literally was only 20 mins. I no longer have the store receipt, but did pay by card so the transaction is on my bank statement.

Has anyone an experience of not paying these people? What are the implications of not paying? Will they get a bailiff out to me? I'm worried that it will affect any sort of credit rating etc... I've never had this before so totally unsure what to do. I've been advised to pay and also had people tell me not to pay as a parking charge notice so not enforceable. Can anyone please clarify.

Cheers,

Lorna

yep, parents got one a couple of years ago from the same company. Binned them and eventually they stopped. They ramp up the threats but the company addresses are always the same including the “debt collector” and “solicitor”. Do not answer them or contact them and you’ll save yourself the money from a company whose business model relies upon empty threats and intimidation of the general public.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Hi all,

Cheers,

Lorna

Where or what on planet earth is Morley ?

If Google is correct, and it is near Leeds in England...and you live in England etc, then you would be best paying it. But you arent giving anyone much to go on.

Things are very different over there, than here in Northern Ireland legally.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Where or what on planet earth is Morley ?

If Google is correct, and it is near Leeds in England...and you live in England etc, then you would be best paying it. But you arent giving anyone much to go on.

Things are very different over there, than here in Northern Ireland legally.

Don’t tell me that you don’t know we’re Morley is, I refuse to believe it.

poorme

Drives
everything
I got a Smart Parking PCN in Ballymena outside Currys, i had popped into to lift a delivery, 20 min max. I had parked in Disabled bay as i have a badge. The badge was on display under my sun-visor and visible but my 6 year old granddaughter, thinking she was helping, put an old expired badge on dash also. I came out to a yellow bag (not sealed) with a PCN piece of paper hanging out of it, in my windscreen recess, if i had of drove of it would have blown away.
The PCN has the expired badge details on it not the valid one, they are looking ÂŁ100 notes.
All the posts I've read here are from last year, 90% of what i have read and what I've been told is, IGNORE everything and don't even engage with them.
Is this still the case? In my circumstance as an expired badge was on display should i just pay? I've asked some members of council that work in these areas and I've asked a couple of red coats, all saying they would ignore, but thats them.
The way my luck has been going lately i am concerned of getting a heftier fine or dragged to court......

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I got a Smart Parking PCN in Ballymena outside Currys, i had popped into to lift a delivery, 20 min max. I had parked in Disabled bay as i have a badge. The badge was on display under my sun-visor and visible but my 6 year old granddaughter, thinking she was helping, put an old expired badge on dash also. I came out to a yellow bag (not sealed) with a PCN piece of paper hanging out of it, in my windscreen recess, if i had of drove of it would have blown away.
The PCN has the expired badge details on it not the valid one, they are looking ÂŁ100 notes.
All the posts I've read here are from last year, 90% of what i have read and what I've been told is, IGNORE everything and don't even engage with them.
Is this still the case? In my circumstance as an expired badge was on display should i just pay? I've asked some members of council that work in these areas and I've asked a couple of red coats, all saying they would ignore, but thats them.
The way my luck has been going lately i am concerned of getting a heftier fine or dragged to court......

Nothing has changed. They have virtually no legal jurisdiction here unlike England, and rely only on their victims paying the fine out of fear. Bin it.

poorme

Drives
everything
Hi Gaz, Everyone is saying bin it, Your saying "Virtually" So I'm just a little dubious if they can legally place tickets then they can enforce them surely? Also, i have a scrape on my car, were whoever took the info off the old badge would have had to climb up to see it, its a BIG car, they have caused, in my eye, criminal damage obtaining the information!
Also, i have read a lot that they can only go after the driver if they can prove the driver, in this car park there is a huge camera facing the drivers as they enter! so again.... am i screwed??

Last edited:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I say virtually because nothing is impossible. If they went down the legal route and spent tens of thousands trying to pursue a court case, and you were identified as the driver on that day, then there is a tiny chance it could become an issue. However I have never ever heard of them pursuing it to this degree in NI, and the only time I have heard of it being taken that far even in Scotland was for a persistent and repeat offender. In my opinion the chances of this going any farther for you are virtually nil, and I speak as someone who has binned a lot of these tickets.

poorme

Drives
everything
Thanks for explaining Gaz, that makes sense. As i said before they probably could ID "the driver" ;) as the huge camera faces you on the narrow lane into the car park, i am not usually one to have the (F*#% -you) attitude but in this case and the sneaky way it was done makes me feel angry.