Snow foam

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
I usually put about 2 inches in mine 😂
I remember way back early 00’s on Autopia that was the recommended amount.

The thickest foam I’ve ever used is Meguiars Hyper wash, but thickest isn’t always best as you want it to be fluid enough to lift the dirt and fall to the ground.

I think you need to up your dosage, you need to think about the amount of water being drawn from the power washer and mixing with your 5% foam you have in the 1 litre bottle

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I replaced gauze in mine and some change in results. I find better put a bit more in and and then you can increase the flow to get the right mix/ratio. Was able to get it to come out like shaving foam which was amusing but dialled it down. Happy with results.

IMG_20210401_190208.jpg

simy

RMS Regular
Didn't make sense to me as there would be a tonne of cold water coming through the lance anyway.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
I use @Big Pimp Anachem Lance and snowfoam and to be honest I can never get a really thick foam but I’m not really bothered because it still cleans well

simy

RMS Regular
Strip your foam gun and clean or replace the guaze as said previously.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Strip your foam gun and clean or replace the guaze as said previously.

It’s brand new, but it’s the exact same consistency I got from previous lances. I’ve changed snowfoams and lances. The only thing that’s the same is the K2 I use but don’t think that would be affecting the thickness!

As I say I’m not worried, foam that’s too thick is just a waste and what I’m getting now is still cleaning really well!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I've noticed differences in different snowfoams

Auto glym one is far too thick and does dam all to help remove dirt

Bilt hamber is not thick but does a great job at removing dirt

Annachem is probably the best at both

All mine go through the new autoglym foam gun

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
50mls in a 1 litre bottle.

Seems like a very weak dilution for snow foam, try increasing your ratio. I use about 200ml in a 1L bottle and have had the same lance for the last 5 years, still produces a nice thick foam.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Also the pressure from the pressure washer seems to affect the thickness.

recently I had a split rubber o ring and gun was leaking fair bit (before the water hit the snow foam bottle). The thickness dropped right off. Changed the o ring and snow foam thickness increased.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
No leaks in PW or hoses it's a Nilfisk c110
C110 isn't brilliant for pressure. Even my c120 wasn't great. Upgraded to e150 and it's different gravy.

Edit: had read water hardness can impact tbings too but not sure on this

Barzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt starlet
Can anyone advise how to get a thicker snowfoam. It’s for work and I’m looking to make it thicker so it’s more clingy just. Think it may be the Lance just letting too much water through so may need a different lance or nozzle?

I think the second last photo is the only adjustment I have at the washer and the Lance is just twist end.
Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• F714C8F5-7F9C-4669-8347-92E0D1075073.jpeg
    F714C8F5-7F9C-4669-8347-92E0D1075073.jpeg
    672.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 2439084A-92D6-4407-A95C-5D2D4AAA08A2.jpeg
    2439084A-92D6-4407-A95C-5D2D4AAA08A2.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 88
  • BDE02FC8-AC43-4DF0-AAEE-076375E975CF.jpeg
    BDE02FC8-AC43-4DF0-AAEE-076375E975CF.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DA8460D8-DC8F-429F-B7BA-AF9A3A7E077E.jpeg
    DA8460D8-DC8F-429F-B7BA-AF9A3A7E077E.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 85
  • 05D82FAD-FCCC-4EAD-B330-DC61AE872A32.jpeg
    05D82FAD-FCCC-4EAD-B330-DC61AE872A32.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 91

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Can anyone advise how to get a thicker snowfoam. It’s for work and I’m looking to make it thicker so it’s more clingy just. Think it may be the Lance just letting too much water through so may need a different lance or nozzle?

I think the second last photo is the only adjustment I have at the washer and the Lance is just twist end.
You need a snow foam Lance like below mate

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-13-11-09-48-937_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-13-11-09-48-937_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 92

Barzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt starlet
Is that the only way? I thought a different permanent Lance would be an option like the car washes have. Would prefer an all in one Lance if possible as don’t want other workers getting confused and wrecking a foam cannon lol

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Is that the only way? I thought a different permanent Lance would be an option like the car washes have. Would prefer an all in one Lance if possible as don’t want other workers getting confused and wrecking a foam cannon lol
Have never seen another option tbh. The way the Lance works is quite specific by feeding through a gauze and a sort of adjustable beak if that makes sense. Also looks like you're just firing on neat solution?

Barzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt starlet
no i have it diluted already but have tried full strength but wasn’t much different

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
There's little option but a proper lance, how they work is key to getting a good foam.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I've noticed differences in different snowfoams

Auto glym one is far too thick and does dam all to help remove dirt

Bilt hamber is not thick but does a great job at removing dirt

Annachem is probably the best at both

All mine go through the new autoglym foam gun

The AG foam gun is the best I’ve used (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

I used to have an inline one same as yours mate. only way to make it thicker if you want to keep the inline injector is to get a different handle and low foam lance made to work with an inline system.

It will give you thicker foam but still not as good as one of the dedicated bottles, but I understand your caution in not allowing every person to have the chance of breaking a small foam cannon
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 23.14.36.png

After you've split the gun you'll need a handle similar to this:

Barzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt starlet
Thanks Ross. Much appreciated I will look into that