Snow foaming

silliwilli

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F82 M4
Take your pic...

Autofinesse and Autobrite both doing a lance + foam deals for around 40 quid. Just got the auto finesse one yesterday as I needed a new nilfisk version after replacing my karcher.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Our two best selling snow foam's are Autobrite Magifoam and Anachem UltraFoam.

My personal favourite though is Fireball Active Snow Foam.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
A silly question when you use the snow foam do you still need to hand wash the car

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
A silly question when you use the snow foam do you still need to hand wash the car
Not necessarily. My BMW was ceramic coated and a lot of the time I was able to spray Articulate on, leave it for a few minutes then snowfoam on. Still done a proper wash every other time though.

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Bilt hamber autofoam is the best I’ve tried. It actually does clean, and it doesn’t hang around on the ground afterwards.

That's what I use as well - Bilt Hamber autofoam. They also have another product called Surfax HD which also works well with a foam lance. Both products have come top of the Autoexpress reviews.

silliwilli

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F82 M4
Same tbf...midweek id do an articulate and snow foam only and hose off with filtered water. Keeps the car pretty much spotless without the need to touch the paintwork. Don't ever find snow foam on its own to be particularly useful as a cleaner though.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Mine was just shipped from Cleantec this morning. Any tips for a first timer? I'll be using anachems articulate and ultrafoam.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Mine was just shipped from Cleantec this morning. Any tips for a first timer? I'll be using anachems articulate and ultrafoam.
Hello mate,

I would apply articulate first all over the car. I would then foam the entire vehicle, allowed to dwell whilst you make up a bucket of gleam. Or any other shampoo you may use.

Rinse the whole lt and wash with gleam.

Job should be jobbed!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
One of my most popular packs. It really is unreal value for money.

I’ve a thread over 150 pages on here about my range so it’s pretty well received

Yes have been reading great reports about your stuff.
My best mate works for auto glym so ive been using the stuff I've got off him which i really like but want to try some different products and think I will try that pack next week when it's pay day.

Then onto looking for a good polish/sealant/wax

davyk31

RMS Regular
Why is Articulate needed before the snow foam? Any other snow foam I have used is just one coat of the foam with no pre treatments?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Why is Articulate needed before the snow foam? Any other snow foam I have used is just one coat of the foam with no pre treatments?

Its not needed but it helps to remove more stuff before you touch the bodywork. Most brands have something that goes with their snow foam. I know Auto Finesse have a citrus prewash (as do others).

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

because when i was making it, I wanted it to be a 'pure' wax safe foam - ie - not like any other snow foam you have used which have pre treatments included in them.

I have documented in previous posts in the main anachem topic where i custom blend foams for a few different customers - eg - i have a fish factory which needs a degreaser inbuilt into their foam, a skip hire company who have an odour neutraliser built into theirs, and coach companies who essentially get an articulate / ultra foam mix.

Plus, when you go into the mechanics of the chemistry, a sprayed product will always have better coverage and a more even distribution than a foamed product, but it dries too quickly.

a foamed product can be 'clumpy' as the weight of the foam runs off more quickly, ergo, if you can have the benefits of a pre wash sprayed product, with the dwell time of a good foam, you can achieve better results more quickly.