So what is the rule then? Evo fails MOT on HID Issue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
It just amazes me now, how cars have survived in the past without washer jets.

I'm guessing this fail for washer jets is because of dirty lights causing road deaths.

From what I have read, xenons, although brighter, don't cut through the dirt on the lenses as well as halogen bulbs. Still a stupid one though imo

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Haven't read the entire thread, but my car has HIDs ('08 Impreza), and the headlight washers weren't tested. I know this because someone drove into my bumper and damaged one that now doesn't work.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It just amazes me now, how cars have survived in the past without washer jets.

I'm guessing this fail for washer jets is because of dirty lights causing road deaths.

As Ive said countless times. The only things the government cares about when it comes to road safety matters, is money and keeping some ****wits in a job dreaming up stupid legislation to keep themselves in a job. Then once they've dreamt up stupid legislation, they need a huge PR team to brainwash the idiot population into thinking this new legislation is a good thing and will save lives.

They havent a ****ing clue about road safety !!

Might make an interesting FOI request though....how many road deaths have been caused by a lack of headlamp washers, and how many will these new rules save ?

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Come on now Stevie, as much as these folk may be many things, crystal ball readers is not one of them :p
Nope but clowns are most,lol.

To be honest over the years of having cars with washers and washer jets on teh lights. They never worked at all, even if they did work, they were ****. Better giving a rub with wet sponge a a petrol station. My carlton/senators/sierra. dam things never worked.

I'd rather see more petrol stations becoming customer friendly and have soapky water buckets and sponges sitting at their pumps. Like they have across europe, and BP used to have back home. Decent garages where you coudl stop and give yoru a car a once over, water,oil tyres, air, wash lights when having a stop at a petrol station.

Instead of increasing prices of everything, even compressed AIR, I love my local shell station, 50p for about 4 mins of compressed air,lol. The compressor must be well paid for.

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
Seeing how we have just had the Easter holidays I thought I might do a bit of resurrecting myself. So has anyone on here had their Evo pass with xenons and no headlight washers ? Has anyone had difficulties at test centers? What ever happened to the punter from county down and his evo from the original Auto Express article?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.