Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Quick lick and finished with bilt hammer QD. Really needs detarred, clayed & protected for the winter :worried:

1F21FEA9-DD5B-4801-BD92-47C28C3026EA.jpeg

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
BD105CB4-9DD3-4A54-AFA3-C6CE0BF952E0.jpeg
5B77F227-EF99-40E5-AFF2-5BB2860F7F2A.jpeg
9C564234-3F2F-4A34-AFEB-49DE339D73FE.jpeg

Wife’s Audi A1 1.4Tfsi 185 done today. No paint correction or decontamination, just washed and dried then protected with Orchard Project 77, Orchard Perfection, Orchard Glitz for the tyres and AM Details Glass Cleaner....nice way to spend a sunny early autumn afternoon

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Decided to practice with my buffer and gave my old run about a buff with meguiars 105/205 then followed up with soft99 fusso coat and then a layer of soft99 king of gloss
Really impressed with the gloss and reflection. The beading and water behaviour is comical now

20181010_153223.jpg
20181011_102705.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very impressive. I’ve been threatening to get mine out of its packaging recently and use it for the first time. Need to get a few YouTube guides to familiarise myself in advance.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Very impressive. I’ve been threatening to get mine out of its packaging recently and use it for the first time. Need to get a few YouTube guides to familiarise myself in advance.

I found the Chemical Guys videos were very helpful.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You should give one of the Polished and Waxed beginner days ago like @Woodcutter ran. Very informative and you can practice and they will give you pointers.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA

I've had my das6 for about 3years and only just used it there doing the bora.
It's far from a perfect finish but it's a handy car to practice on. Used chemical guys hexlogic pads but going to try these meguiars mocrofiber ones I bought next time round.

Unfortunatly the polish I used has stuck in the larger scrapes and stone chips and shows them up really bad. I did do a wipe down with car pro eraser in between stages .

Anyone got any tips on what to do next time?
It done a good job on the swirls and holograms tho

Last edited:

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I've watched loads and loads of YouTube videos. The Americans and canadians annoy my happiness lol
But I find myself watching the videos and then buying loads of crap ill never use