Space Grey E92 M3

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Can’t beat a no plate look lol.
Say this to everyone l, with no front plate you either need to be doing something else silly to draw attention to yourself or get a very very sad traffic cop to have issues.

I’ve never had issues with no front plates.

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Lovely example you have.

I understand that hard driving from cold is what destroys bearings. Now you have them changed and know that you properly warm up, it should give some piece of mind.

Here is a photo of my bearings at 60,000 miles for comparison.

Out of interest (if it's not too nosey) what sort of money did it sting you to get them changed?

Attachments

• bearings.jpg
    bearings.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 85

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Just when I thought I was getting somewhere with how my space grey M3 looked I see this minter! 😮
Class example

Thanks! I’ve tried to maintain the car to the highest standard 😀

Can’t beat a no plate look lol.
Say this to everyone l, with no front plate you either need to be doing something else silly to draw attention to yourself or get a very very sad traffic cop to have issues.

I’ve never had issues with no front plates.

I haven’t had an issue so far to be honest but this latest exhaust it will probably draw a bit more unnecessary attention 😂

Lovely example you have.

I understand that hard driving from cold is what destroys bearings. Now you have them changed and know that you properly warm up, it should give some piece of mind.

Here is a photo of my bearings at 60,000 miles for comparison.

Out of interest (if it's not too nosey) what sort of money did it sting you to get them changed?

Thanks! Yea it’s definitely driving them hard from cold although with any of the research I’ve done there is no correlation because people rag them and the bearings last over 100k and people spinning at 40-50k. I’ve always warmed them up to 90 degrees before I rev above 3k rpm just to keep it as safe as possible.

I think all in it was around £1500 from Banbridge Motorworks. I bought the parts and Colm provided the oil and a few seals and bolts.

Your bearings are showing a lot of copper for 60k miles! Who’s doing them out of interest?

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
It was a mate of mine who's a BMW mechanic, but is well set up and does a lot of work from home. He actually bought the car off me so not sure what he would charge.

It sounds incredibly dodgy to take a car round to a mates garage to pull the engine apart, but he is meticulous and fully kitted out.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
It was a mate of mine who's a BMW mechanic, but is well set up and does a lot of work from home. He actually bought the car off me so not sure what he would charge.

It sounds incredibly dodgy to take a car round to a mates garage to pull the engine apart, but he is meticulous and fully kitted out.

I don’t think it’s a massive job it’s more time consuming more than anything although I would never tackle it!

Love the flushed bumper! Think I heard you going through Ballymena earlier. I was in Banbridge lol

Cheers 😀 I have to say it is a little loud so good chance it was me lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Just a few minor updates with the M3 as it hasn’t really travelled far over the winter months.

First up is a job I’ve been waiting to do for the past year but I just couldn’t bring myself to part with the money 🙈 New discs, pads and fluid change carried out at JKC which I must say as usual is a first class service! The only thing that eases my wallet pain is how fresh the new discs have made the car so I’m over the moon 😎

Before

851CC603-D6A2-425B-927A-848B86998580.jpeg

After
E300B4F8-9F75-4D92-B3CE-392CF85282E9.jpeg
75BDDBF7-193F-4BB5-A72F-5789963F858C.jpeg

Also managed to bag a new 128ti for the day, I know it’s not to the majority’s taste but I have to say I was super impressed with the handling and how well it shifted.

016B0338-ACCD-4C43-8CF5-B10FA7987704.jpeg
5ECF2E62-70B0-4BC6-81E7-DC16C76F1453.jpeg
F1233B7B-620A-4D81-BBFF-626C876CCF61.jpeg

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Haven’t really had too many updates on the M3 other than just driving and enjoying but one thing that has been bothering me for a while was the undertray which was damaged but was getting progressively worse. For some reason the OEM one has the felt corner sections which sit surprisingly low and catch on everything. So opted for the Pinnacle Motorsport replacement and have to say it was money well spent! Much cleaner looking with new bolts certainly tidied it up.

Old broken undertray

IMG_8703.jpeg

IMG_8704.jpeg

New Pinnacle Motorsport replacement

IMG_8705.jpeg

IMG_8707.jpeg

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Haven’t really had too many updates on the M3 other than just driving and enjoying but one thing that has been bothering me for a while was the undertray which was damaged but was getting progressively worse. For some reason the OEM one has the felt corner sections which sit surprisingly low and catch on everything. So opted for the Pinnacle Motorsport replacement and have to say it was money well spent! Much cleaner looking with new bolts certainly tidied it up.

Old broken undertray

View attachment 405008

View attachment 405009

New Pinnacle Motorsport replacement

View attachment 405010

View attachment 405011
How do you find the pinnacle undertray? Any issues since fitting? Have the same issue with the standard one on mine. Hard to believe it sits so low!

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Shes the wagon James, miss those cold start snaps :heart_eyes:
Maybe get one this weekend if I use it!

How do you find the pinnacle undertray? Any issues since fitting? Have the same issue with the standard one on mine. Hard to believe it sits so low!
Personally haven't had an issue with it at all, easy enough fitted, few holes needed drilled but other than that it is a much superior replacement to the OEM.