Space Grey E92 M3

dempster__

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So after selling my alpine edition E92 M3 a few weeks ago with Stefan at Performance Cars NI I decided it was time to look for a runabout for the winter months when I accidentally came across this 2008 space grey E92 M3 with DCT, full BMW service history with only 46k miles in immaculate condition so it would have been wrong of me not to do a buy on it...

Just a few advert pics,

Few modifications planned:

- LCI tail light conversion
- Black grills
- Window tints (20%)
- Lowering springs (H&R possibly?)
- Carbon high kick rear spoiler
- Carbon front splitters
- LED angel eye lights
- Exhaust mod 2.5 or 4 pipe along with possible decated X-pipe
- Possible interior change...

I fitted my M359’s with Michelin pilot super sports coming into the winter with the diamond cut finish on the standard 220M’s being super prone to corrosion and just being fresh after a refurb I think I’ll keep them off until the spring time!

So this is the car as it sits at the minute with tints and M359s. Just waiting on black grills, LCI tail lights and my personal reg to arrive in the mean time :cool:

mobile pic upload

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nice! Is that the one Gregory Lagan in Portrush was selling?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's lovely, but if you wanted an M3 as a winter runabout would you not have been better keeping the one you had lol? Unless you made money on the old one and got this at a steal of course.

This is a nicer colour to be fair!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Love it! Just got an E92 M3 myself

I think I was chatting to you on Cutters about your white one.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
It's lovely, but if you wanted an M3 as a winter runabout would you not have been better keeping the one you had lol? Unless you made money on the old one and got this at a steal of course.

This is a nicer colour to be fair!

Believe me, I think I must have heard this about 20 times already lol I didn’t lose any money on my old one but I literally had no intention on buying another until the spring time but this car wasn’t over priced for what it was and I know myself how hard it is to get one in this condition!

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Love it! Just got an E92 M3 myself

I think I was chatting to you on Cutters about your white one.

Thanks! There doesn’t seem to be as much response on the cutters unless it’s about rod bearings :joy:

What have you purchased yourself? Manual or dct?

vxr55

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall VXR8
Lovely looking car. I was noseying at it on used cars. There must be a serious amount of M3 owners on here now

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Lovely looking car. I was noseying at it on used cars. There must be a serious amount of M3 owners on here now

Thanks pal. Everyone seems to be buying them now that a good amount of them are now sub £20K

vxr55

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhall VXR8
Yeah I bought one earlier this year . I've only done a few hundred miles and now is sorned for winter. They do feel a bit tasty when you are looking out over the bonnet bulge

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks! There doesn’t seem to be as much response on the cutters unless it’s about rod bearings :joy:

What have you purchased yourself? Manual or dct?

Nah there definitely doesn't :joy: I am having battery and abs issues with mine and it's getting little to no response.

I bought an 07 black manual. Was originally looking a DCT but had a bad experience with the DCT in my M4:joy:

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Nah there definitely doesn't :joy: I am having battery and abs issues with mine and it's getting little to no response.

I bought an 07 black manual. Was originally looking a DCT but had a bad experience with the DCT in my M4:joy:
What issues are you having? I had to put a battery in my last M3 due to it bringing up the battery discharge message. I know they give issues with the ABS pump and rings like many of the 3 series so that could be the issue? Definitely worth getting it plugged in to see.

What bad experience did you have with DCT? :no_mouth:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
What issues are you having? I had to put a battery in my last M3 due to it bringing up the battery discharge message. I know they give issues with the ABS pump and rings like many of the 3 series so that could be the issue? Definitely worth getting it plugged in to see.

What bad experience did you have with DCT? :no_mouth:

That's the exact message I am getting, stuck a new battery into it at the weekend but didn't register it to the car so hoping it may cure itself once I get it registered and get the codes cleared down. Just waiting on my cable arriving in the post.

I was reading about the pumps and the sensors and if its that then it won't be too bad to put right but still hoping that because the battery is driving the car mental its putting the ABS light on. It's constantly resetting the clock as well which is annoying.

The DCT blew itself to bits on the M4 then about a year later it wouldn't engage drive so thought nah steering clear of that lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
That's the exact message I am getting, stuck a new battery into it at the weekend but didn't register it to the car so hoping it may cure itself once I get it registered and get the codes cleared down. Just waiting on my cable arriving in the post.

I was reading about the pumps and the sensors and if its that then it won't be too bad to put right but still hoping that because the battery is driving the car mental its putting the ABS light on. It's constantly resetting the clock as well which is annoying.

The DCT blew itself to bits on the M4 then about a year later it wouldn't engage drive so thought nah steering clear of that lol

Is it definitely the right battery in the car? I know BMW's are especially fussy with what battery goes into them, has to be the proper AGM one etc. Anyone I spoke to with regards the battery in my last M3 said to make sure only to fit the genuine one as its rated for the car, 80Ah I think it was? Cheaper batteries which are not AGM only cause a whole host of issues similar to what you are experiencing.

You've scared me a bit now with the DCT lol Touch wood I dont experience the same!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Is it definitely the right battery in the car? I know BMW's are especially fussy with what battery goes into them, has to be the proper AGM one etc. Anyone I spoke to with regards the battery in my last M3 said to make sure only to fit the genuine one as its rated for the car, 80Ah I think it was? Cheaper batteries which are not AGM only cause a whole host of issues similar to what you are experiencing.

You've scared me a bit now with the DCT lol Touch wood I dont experience the same!

I believe so well its not an oem one but its the same CCA/Ah and is an AGM battery. Although heard rumours if the DVD is in the nav drive can cause weird **** if the iDrive is on its way out. Funnily enough the nav DVD was in the glovebox. I put it on Saturday and thats when the issues started :/ so need to follow up on that lol.

Not the best start with the car but love tinkering with it.