Spate of Keyless Car Thefts in NI

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I suppose it depends what they are being stolen for. As mentioned before they do tend to blend in to the crowd a bit more and as there is a good number of them on the road it would be fairly easy to clone one and have a fast 'getaway' car that wont raise to much suspicion before hand.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Someone (maybe @Sheeples ?) told me they're incredibly high insurance because they're easy to steal.

Don't think so. I was paying £308 full comp with business covering 15k per year. Mate in England was paying similar for his Golf R too.

RevT

RMS Regular
Another two fresh BMW’s taken lastnight from the Moira area by keyless. It’s times like this that I love having an old scrapper.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Disklok, probably the best solution.

I just hate the thought of going back to chains, locks, bars and disk locks again!

Used to chain up my Fiesta in 1990 parking in Belfast every day. I still have the same chain and lock, I use it to lock a gate into a field now 😂

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Alternatively if the keys were kept in one of those pouches thy wouldn't have been able to nick it either as they wouldn't have got a signal.

#therewasnothingwrongwithakey