Speed Cameras (specs) On Bangor Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

macseast

Does anyone know when the SPEC cameras are going live on the Bangor road?

I have heard all sorts of rumours but the problem is i was travelling the other day and went a bit to fast (not that fast)although i only past one of the camera.

I have been told you have to pass at least two to get an average speed and that the cameras are not yet working.

Can anyone help put my mind a rest?:confounded:

Curt

RMS Regular
Drives
B5.5
Aye well hence the name 'average speed'. Its taken between two points. So if you slowed down enough then you may be ok by the time you get to the next.

But afaik they arnt online just yet, but should be very very soon.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
According to the PSNI website....

Speed enforcement camera system (SPECS) operates on the A1 dual carriageway between the Sheepbridge Road and Newry and also between the Cloghue roundabout and the border

So they wouldnt be live yet.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Local press say official launch date was 3rd April if I remember correctly. There is a quote from the PSNI to the Belfast Telegraph in the other thread on this.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I thought it said the 1st of April but it defo said they would be active around the beginning of April.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
i am sure we will know in due course, it won't be long before one of the young head-cases on here tells us about their fine

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I reckon we take the number plates off and put on a Bill Clinton mask and drive flat out through all of them for the craic. Am sure we'd find out then if they were live!!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I reckon we take the number plates off and put on a Bill Clinton mask and drive flat out through all of them for the craic. Am sure we'd find out then if they were live!!

That doesnt make any sense. How would we find out if they were live? Its not like they flash or anything. :confounded:

I think it would be on their website if they were live.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
That doesnt make any sense. How would we find out if they were live? Its not like they flash or anything. :confounded:

I think it would be on their website if they were live.

Figured we might get in the paper!!

Seriously though, I have seen some of them give a flash type thing, which I don't think was a reflection as I saw it flash at me and just caught it again in my eye when it flashed the car behind. Could be still testing or something though. Live or not, they are slowing the traffic.

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
Figured we might get in the paper!!

I have seen some of them give a flash type thing, which I don't think was a reflection as I saw it flash at me and just caught it again in my eye when it flashed the car behind.

noticed this aswel, could just be a reflection tho

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
They defo dont flash... Must be a reflection your seeing :confounded:

Ive also noticed the flow of traffic is a hell of a lot better now with these things... Used to get huge build ups at rush hour but now everything is generally free flowing....

So all's good in tha hood (y)

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Nah I'm convinced there was a set of them flashing or doing something odd one morning towards lunchtime. It def looked different to a reflection.

Also, what's the craic with a couple of them having wee yellow markers on the road surface, like outside the Culloden...?

Does that indicate that there actually only a couple of them that are real and the others are dummies?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
they don't flash.
get a laser jammer on the front and plug it in when you feel the need to speed up the A2

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i`m confused del, laser jammers dont do anything for specs.. are you dote-ing in your old age ;)

certainly wouldnt condone use of a jammer myself ;) in any way shape or form

macseast

OP
M
I have noticed the yellow reflectors on the road at culloden.

I was told by someone in the police they are still not live.But he did say they are combined distance and spot speed camera's

There is so many rumours going about at present it hard to know whats true.

even if they are not switched on they seem to be slowing the traffic although there are still idiots who slam on the brakes at every camera

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
i was guessing these reflectors was so that they could align the cameras

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
no way round em rick unless your number plate falls off ;)

got word today they are now active in both ards and bangor. passed on the info to a few just incase they are.

saw the reflectors myself, must be some calibration thing

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
a friend of my mums whos a high ish up plod.

my mum told me earlier.

as i said, i`m not 100% on it but i thought i`d pass it on

avo5021

RMS Regular
They arent live as yet.. i spoke to the guy in charge of them last week and he assured me they wont be live until it is announced in the media sometime soon...

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Aye like anyone would trust a peeler who says that. Thats like "put the gun to your head pull the trigger - honest its not loaded!!!"

avo5021

RMS Regular
Why would i make something up about a road i travel at least twice a day myself...

Its ok then ignore my advice, only doing you all a favour..

jacko_rs

RMS Regular
Drives
lexus is200
these are live now.. as far as i hear a friends aunt got a letter for speeding. and another person i know has also got a letter for speeding whilst comin through holywood to bangor direction, and its landed him 3 points and a fine. not sure if true of not.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.