Speed Cameras (specs) On Bangor Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
these are live now.. as far as i hear a friends aunt got a letter for speeding. and another person i know has also got a letter for speeding whilst comin through holywood to bangor direction, and its landed him 3 points and a fine. not sure if true of not.

Announced on Cool FM that they still weren't live due a technical problem.

Sure traffic branch are still out with their laser guns at Holywood, could have been them that caught them rather than the new cams...?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I saw four traffic branch cars going along the ards carrigeway last night at speed turning at the bottom and doing it all over again, I can only presume that there were testing the specs prior to them being turned on.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Haven't been alot of use so far if the Astra lying wrote-off at the bend on the dual carriageway is anything to go by...

avo5021

RMS Regular
Not live yet..

Yes the Traffic Branch cars were being used to evaluate them prior to going live, last night was the first lot of testing on them since being put up..

As posted before from the department that is responsible for them, it will be in the media prior to going live.. even though some people still doubt that..!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
as far as i hear a friends aunt got a letter for speeding. and another person i know has also got a letter for speeding whilst comin through holywood to bangor direction, and its landed him 3 points and a fine. not sure if true of not.
PMSL!!! A person you know got points, but your not sure if thats true :confounded:

Not think to ask lol... Internet facts, cracker (y)

P.S, aye Coog, seen that myself this mornin :confounded: Quite odd how it went up the bank but yet was facing smashed nose out to wards the traffic from what we bit i could look over too see... Unless went Tony Hawk style up the verge and back down again lol

lorneM

RMS Regular
whats the crack with these allowance wise cos ist kinda hard sticking at the exact speed also my speedo is still in km say you were doing 65 in the 60 will you get a ticket???

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
whats the crack with these allowance wise cos ist kinda hard sticking at the exact speed also my speedo is still in km say you were doing 65 in the 60 will you get a ticket???

Who knows - it's all part of the fun of driving nowadays :p

Seriously though if you do 65 in a 60 you are breaking the law so could get a ticket. If your speedo can't read in mph you would fail an MoT so technically not road legal. Good luck (y)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
is this the road from Holywood to Bangor? Think Ballyrobert Vauxhall is on it?? could be wrong

Curt

RMS Regular
Drives
B5.5
Are these fecking cameras working yet? Im tired of assholes overtaking me when im sitting at the bloody speed limit!!

Hope many many fines are posted out the first week of them being on.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was driving to Bangor yesterday for the first time signs the cameras went up.

Seems like all the average zones bar one include one or more traffic lights. That seems to make them pretty pointless...

I guess in theory it might be possible to coordinate time measurements from the cameras with real time cycle times from the traffic lights to compensate, but somehow doubt that is feasible in the real world...

evie

RMS Regular
Drives
Yaris
Old thread revival, but was driving into Bangor on tuesday, and the very last big yellow speed camera, just before you enter Bangor, flashed twice, before i passed under it. It wasn't the sun reflecting off it or anything, definitely camera flash. That part of the road had a 60mph limit, and i was sitting at it, and i'd been watching my speed the whole way up from Belfast, so really don't know why it did tbh. There was one car behind me, but they were doing about the same speed as me. But anyway, i take it these actually work now?!

EDIT: Nevermind... found this thread http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/belfast-bangor-spec-cameras-now-working.115363/. :confounded:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
On a side note, the fixed camera on the Newtownards Road in Ballyhackamore is out of action at present (y).

Raptor 1L

Drives
Ford Ranger, Toy
Looks like the "safety cameras !!!" on the A2 have be activated...thought everyone else was traveling at a more sedate pace in the mornings...my mate just recieved his points....nicked between the first camera on the Bangor side and Dixons garden centre....I always thought there was a calibration issue with these ones....wrong yet again.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
They dont flash as they are average speed cameras, not fixed for one spot to catch folk (like B'Hack as Lyons mentioned), so dont know what you seen :confounded:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Old thread revival, but was driving into Bangor on tuesday, and the very last big yellow speed camera, just before you enter Bangor, flashed twice, before i passed under it. It wasn't the sun reflecting off it or anything, definitely camera flash. That part of the road had a 60mph limit, and i was sitting at it, and i'd been watching my speed the whole way up from Belfast, so really don't know why it did tbh. There was one car behind me, but they were doing about the same speed as me. But anyway, i take it these actually work now?!

EDIT: Nevermind... found this thread http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/belfast-bangor-spec-cameras-now-working.115363/. :confounded:

SPECS cameras do not flash. They never have done, and never will.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
I actually didn't know they were working now either. However, i don't break the speed limit, therefore am safe.

ChrisM-91

RMS Member
Drives
Corsa C
yeh i was told a few are duds cus there expensive to run....the bangor-belfast line...is a '3 point' zone. i stick at the speed limit and it annoys me when guys fly passed you and prob never get caught!!! i especially go easy down that part of the country...wouldn't risk it for a biscuit!!;)

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
ouch i drive up that road every day for work, usually sensible-ish for mpg purposes but was running late last night so was probably doing an average of 60 through them, license is registered to old address so better get it updated

evie

RMS Regular
Drives
Yaris
It definitely had a flash of light come out of it, twice, with about 2 seconds between each one. Well if you's are right, then i'll not argue as i sat worrying at the time that i was gonna be done for speeding, even when i was within the limit. Eh. Think i must be going do-lally. :confounded:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.