Spring compressing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
I was talking to dee last nite about getting different coilovers for the corsa a the current ones just arnt low enough and he said that there used to be a company in portadown i think ,that was able to compress springs.

I tried taking the helper spring out and it was very very bouncy so if i could get this company to compress the spring the same amount as a compressed helper spring i would be flyin.

So my question is, does anyone know of this company or if there even trading anymore?

Many thanks
Sean

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Im looking somewhere a bit closer if possible.. Dont have the time to be running to dungannnon.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
From armagh centre its 9.2miles! 20mins out of your way there, phone ahead, spend 10mins there, 20mins back...... at most an hour out of your life!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Im looking somewhere a bit closer if possible.. Dont have the time to be running to dungannnon.

jez you dont want much, i took mine from derry to portadown and went back to collect them.. or else post them (y)

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Yeah but im in belfast workin 9-5 mon wed and friday and 9-10 on tue and thursday.

Highly unlikely if these places would be open on a sat like.. If it was i portadown i could get dee or someone to throw them in for me.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Looked up SpringCo there in carn so its just down the road from dee.. have to ring them up and twist dee's arm to leave them down for me..lol

See dee said he got springs done years ago but didnt know if they were still in portadown and i couldnt remember the name of the company.

Ill keep ya's updated with the results if any.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Its for the front springs so i wouldnt even take the chance in cutting the springs, incaase something would go wrong.. Its only a few quid to get them compressed anyway like.

pablo

RMS Moderator
order the length and rate from rallydesign. simples. they are cheap enough tbh.

youll not get far compressing a coilover spring imo, there isnt much give in them as is. Cutting them would be the best way imo to achieve what you want, but has other problem in that the spring wont sit flat against the platform properly. would be worried it would break the platform due to all the load going into a small area of the platform rather than being spread all around it.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
SpringCo could cut a few coils off it like and reform the spring again so that it would sit flat could they not?

When you say order the length and rate... wat do you mean by the rate?

pablo

RMS Moderator
the amount of springyness lol. basically the stiffness of the spring, too hard and it will bump like mad, too soft and it will be boaty. Just get the same rate as you have.

why bother trapsing across the country when you can just buy properly made ones to your spec?

pablo

RMS Moderator
try to find the specs on the coilovers, or mail the company. be something like 200 lbs or something like that.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
lol yeah i know... sorry.. only realised now that it would be an even handier idea.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.