Subaru, Type R, VXR or ST ? What would you pick?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
Drives
S14 Zenki
Hi guys,

Just thought this would be fun to see what everyone thinks of these 4 cars. Which car would you pick and for what reasons? And for what reasons would you not pick the other two?

You have 4 Choices.

2001-2005 subaru impreza wrx
Engine Size 1994 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 5.7 secs
Top Speed 144 mph
Power Output 221 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 300 Nm 221 lb-ft
MPG 30 mpg
Insurance Group 37

Ford Focus ST -2
Engine Size 2522 cc
Cylinders 5
0-60 mph 6.6 secs
Top Speed 152 mph
Power Output 221 bhp
Valves 20
Torque 320 Nm 236 lb-ft
MPG 30 mpg
Insurance Group 34

Vauxhall Astra VXR

Engine Size 1998 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 6.2 secs
Top Speed 152 mph
Power Output 236 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 320 Nm 236 lb-ft
MPG 30 mpg
Insurance Group 34

Honda Civic Type R FN2

Engine Size 1998 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 6.4 secs
Top Speed 146 mph

Power Output 198 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 193 Nm 142 lb-ft
MPG 31 mpg
Insurance Group -

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
surely the impreza running an EJ25 is a fairer comparison with the st2, though leaving the civ at a defecit?
Is there a reason the Lancer or RX8 cant be thrown in as options (awaits a barrage of rotary abuse lol)

steve_yfzracer

RMS Regular
Drives
fabia vrs
1 Subaru- back road fun! (although seems a shame not to get a sti:grinning:
2 ST- would need to be a st3 to even consider being no1.
3 Astra- hear they arent the best handelin of yokes?
4 FN2 civic- lovely interior,but lacks power and im still not convinced about the exterior styling.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
surely the impreza running an EJ25 is a fairer comparison with the st2, though leaving the civ at a defecit?
Is there a reason the Lancer or RX8 cant be thrown in as options (awaits a barrage of rotary abuse lol)
Im not a fan of either and im thinking about what sort of car id like next, as the whole import thing on a DC5 isnt going to work out for me i dont think....

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Out of those id pick the ST...wrx imprezas just dont cut it.....vxr,s are all over the road being fwd, although they do look nice. Type r, nice car but no torque.

The ST,great drivng and handling and stick an exhaust on it with a remap and it would eat the other 3, bags of torque too.

scub

Banned
There would be nothing left of the evo by now, itd either have rusted to death or the diffs would have eaten themselves and sent the driver over a cliff somewhere :laughing:

Impreza all day long, I was looking at a possible change and really cant see beyond the grip, noise and options that the impreza has.
no more rusty than anything else of the same age surely ?
and at least its pistons aren't made by cadburys:p

Alan_M

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia SRI VX-
For me it would be

1- FN2
2-St focus
3-VXR
4.WRX

Down to looks and everyday living that is how i see them. Tho i would say the ST would be the better built tho.

brendy

RMS Regular
This...as much as i love scoobs evo's are better....unless you get a classic shape type r or a spec c, the only two scoobs to rival evo's imo
You must have missed the video posted a week or two back comparing new age, vs classic vs evos then? :laughing: Bugeye came out the winner!

I am completely biased btw!
I would drive an evo but the noise and grip of the impreza does it for me.

C4L

RMS Regular
I have literally zero desire for any of those cars listed lol an evo or something would be different story...

edit: just read the comments above, this wont be popular lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
You must have missed the video posted a week or two back comparing new age, vs classic vs evos then? :laughing: Bugeye came out the winner!

I am completely biased btw!
I would drive an evo but the noise and grip of the impreza does it for me.

Man ive had 3 scoobs and do still love them but evo's are very good out of the box......im sure it was an sti on the video though, which makes a difference, also was it a Type R in classic form, the version 6 i had was a great car, wish id never sold it tbh

brendy

RMS Regular
Man ive had 3 scoobs and do still love them but evo's are very good out of the box......im sure it was an sti on the video though, which makes a difference, also was it a Type R in classic form, the version 6 i had was a great car, wish id never sold it tbh
Yea was an sti spec b etc (I admit the wrx without a remap is very average). Plenty of variety on that vid though.

Lewis.

RMS Regular
OP
Lewis.
Drives
S14 Zenki
Yea was an sti spec b etc (I admit the wrx without a remap is very average). Plenty of variety on that vid though.
Whats added on in the PPP that boosts the standard WRX from 221hp too 265hp?

brendy

RMS Regular
Ecu map slightly more agressive, backbox (mid decat too I think), intercooler pipe, the prodrive spec isnt the be all and end all though. Pro mappers can do better without the need for half of the upgrades.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.