Suggestions for ICE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

w.reid306

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
hey, im new to this car stereo stuff, but i wudnt mind putting some stuff in the car to make it sound better!

I have a pretty long time to get it all sorted, in fact i have forever lol! Im not looking to spend over £250 at most on the whole lot! But i can only buy things 1 at a time wen my wages come in!
I drive a pug 306 95 model so its nuthin special! The car is shared with my mum atm but soon to be mine. she needs space in the boot to get shopping to feed me!!!

Any ideas on the best models? systems that have worked in the past? best places to buy? or generally any tips?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
250 isnt a massive budget, best place to start would be a reasonable cd player and spend the rest on some components for the front, but its gonna be very budget stuff, is there no play on the prices?

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
250 will just get you a good quality head unit, get out yer wallet lad :p

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
well at a push 150 wud get an okish hu and leave 100 for nice focal entry level comps but an amp n small sub wud b nice

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
best to just do it in small stages mate.

the centre of every good system is having a good HU. that should be your starting point. get a good one with a couple of pre-out (used for amps) and your laughing.

then once the car is fully yours, youll have the money for a set of good component and a wee amp to run them, then its sub time!!

i had a wee kenwood head unit before with one preout, just got a new one with 2 preouts and a dedicated sub preout. the car sounds so so much better with the extra power signals being sent to the amp.

have a look at it, its a brilliant wee unit and good for the money

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3287.html

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
chris you had the 4534 same as my old 1? sounded good but as soon as i upgraded to the 627 with the sub output and 2 pre outs sounded alot better! (y)

william if you were a week or so earlier you could have bought my old 1!!!

w.reid306

RMS Regular
OP
w.reid306
Drives
Volvo / SV650s
yea lol! pity u sold it! btw why wernt u at skool today! U wer spotted driving past so u obv wernt ill! lmao!

I think ill do it in stages tbh! im waiting to hear about a job, shud get an answer today at some stage about it, and tbh the budget depends on that! but ill look into getting a gd head unit first! ricky u can help me with that this weekend?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Ah...i thought you were off sick, but you were able to go collect a car?!

Just as well your not in my form class!!!! (Turns off teacher head)

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
What a load of dung!!!

As a general rule the boys in my class know that they have to be in and waiting on me arriving at the room. If i'm in the class before them, then they are late and get some written work for their troubles. If they are ill, they make sure that they are in school and i will send them home if they are sufficiently sick enough to justify missing class!!

rosssei

RMS Regular
lol, love it, lol 6th form dossers there andy...lol i was in school, then left at lunch (had a half day - 6th form privilidge) and went to collect my car!!!

lol, back to topic.....william i may be persuaded to sell my head unit, kenwood flip out one, 3 preouts etc....would look well in the 3 oh sex?! RRp was over 800 from iceman about 3 years ago, still a top head unit? make me a offer!

Ghost

RMS Regular
god sake andy, give them a break !

you have changed in ur old age !

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Nope...you just have me confused with someone else!!! I was never in the lecture theatre!!

As for the ICE....Spend as much as you can now on a decent headunit. 250quid will buy you a nice kenwood/alpine headunit with ipod interface. then as the funds grow, buy some quality components and a decent amp to power them. then go for the sub and amp route.

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
if your planning to take andy's advice, i suggest you take a drive to wheels are us round by s'row, they sold me a class head unit, £220, but the front face that you remove for security reasons is an MP3 player, you get all the leads etc. with it to d/l music directly onto you cdplayer, its a 1Gb and looks well too!!!

oh and also comes with you Ipod adabter, if you need it after the 1Gb lol (y)

if you want ill get you the details!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.