That time of the month again...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
...when I decide I want to sell the saxo and buy something else. Few months ago I went through my Audi A4 phase, I have gone right off them now.

Criteria:

- I don't want to spend silly money, so a new car is out of the question.
- I have 3 children, so it has to be roomy and comfortable
- I would prefer 3 to 5 door despite point above
- I want something with a bit of oomph for those times I do not have the children with me and I am in a hurry ... for work or something ;)
- Something that won't cost me an arm and a leg when due a service or if something breaks down.

At the mo I am fancying a Mk3 or Mk4 Golf - but I am open to suggestions...so fire away Car Enthusiasts! :grinning:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Mk3 or Mk4 Golf u can`t go wrong with n e of them they diesels r good in them if thats wot ur after and there a nice car to drive. r if ur feelin flush a skoda vrs fabia r the ticket 130bhp and a hell of a lot of oomph when u need it

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Most importantly - what kind of budget are you talking

Gaz

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
seat Ibiza MK4 tdi-come in 3 or 5 door. Have all the spec of a Golf GTTDi but at a fraction of the cost!! Plus they are have the insurance group of a similar golf!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
oo the yellow is nice we got the black with the silver type flake init looks well. with 230ft of torque u can`t go wrong :laughing:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
same engine as i have in the ibiza and i can honestly say its a class engine-planty of low down grunt. However its out of your budget.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
I resent paying lots of £££s for a car which is why I set myself a budget!

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
For that money I'd have to say VW or Seat. Shop around and you might get a tidy Golf TDi or Toledo TDi at the right money.

As an alternative which no-one has suggested ...... £4k-£5k will get you a very nice BMW 325 TDS ..... plenty of poke, bmw build and rwd too ;)

Gaz

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Gaz said:
For that money I'd have to say VW or Seat. Shop around and you might get a tidy Golf TDi or Toledo TDi at the right money.

As an alternative which no-one has suggested ...... £4k-£5k will get you a very nice BMW 325 TDS ..... plenty of poke, bmw build and rwd too ;)

Gaz
and high running costs-maintainence!

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They're not as bad as you might think :grinning: - VW weren't cheap the last time I checked either :?

Gaz

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
look throw auto trader, just had a nosey myself...

Volkswagon Bora TDi (red Di), 107000k, silver, e/w all round, air con, 12 disc changer, SE, alloys, t/bar.
£6,000 - abit above budget, but looks a nice car...

or

Volkswagon Bora TDi, 2001, 100000k, silver, 1 company owner, service history, PAS, certral locking, e/w, excellent condition throughout
£4,895

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
excellent engines but on those miles a new clutch will be needed soon! Especially on the more powerful angines.

Max

RMS Regular
Drives
Gaterpillars
just spied this,,, low milage, not a bad price, but could be a typing error :roll:

Seat toledo 1.9 TDi s, 2001, 27000k, silver, PAS, R/C Locking, E/W, airbags, cheap insurance, economical, 1 years MOT, excellent condition inside & out
£5,850

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
media

1996 AUDI A3 1.8 SPORT, 1996,
70000 miles, Dec, FSH, full elctrics, c/l, ABS, e/s/r, beautiful car in mint condition, MOT feb 05, Taxd, 4 new tyres. £4,300.
media

1999 FORD COUGAR, 1999, 70000 miles,
Silver, excellent condition, leather, aircon, c/l, PAS, FSH, 6 disc CD changer, MOTd to Feb 05. £5,000 . ono. 07763 696436

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.