The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
So every uk .1 gt3 has had a new engine?
No, only the first xx months of production for the 2014 model year (I incorrectly stated mid 2013 in my previous post, should have been mid 2014, it was the time I bought the first R8 from Belfast Porsche). According to press coverage it affected 785 vehicles globally.

Autoweek GT3

rmfa30

RMS Member
Lov guards red on a gt3
Guards-2020-08-08-10-06-41.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Got a spin out in this the other night. I'd always wanted a GT3, but this is making me think again lol. So well specced from the factory, sounded unreal and was proper torquey. Ideal every day car for the occasional track day, where I fear the GT3 is more of a track tool. But GT3 though 😬😂

20200806_173611.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Got a spin out in this the other night. I'd always wanted a GT3, but this is making me think again lol. So well specced from the factory, sounded unreal and was proper torquey. Ideal every day car for the occasional track day, where I fear the GT3 is more of a track tool. But GT3 though 😬😂

View attachment 290391

Lovely car, but you’ll still want a GT3.

The only car I can see myself buying other than a GT3 is a 981 Cayman GT4.

The salesman at Ashgood who I bought my car off says his favourite 911 is a 991.2 GTS.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I’m the same gav although the 997.2 gt3 would be my preferred car, I’ve never driven one but my fear would be the comfort thing on a long journey, 997 Gts would be a great compromise but the price they are fetching at times!!

991.2s seems a great car by all accounts, a 991 carrera t possibly too or a 991.2 gts

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lovely car, but you’ll still want a GT3.

The only car I can see myself buying other than a GT3 is a 981 Cayman GT4.

The salesman at Ashgood who I bought my car off says his favourite 911 is a 991.2 GTS.

Yeah GT4 is still definitely on the list! Keeping an eye on them

I’m the same gav although the 997.2 gt3 would be my preferred car, I’ve never driven one but my fear would be the comfort thing on a long journey, 997 Gts would be a great compromise but the price they are fetching at times!!

991.2s seems a great car by all accounts, a 991 carrera t possibly too or a 991.2 gts

My mate had the 997 GTS before this, bought it and used it for 2 years then sold it for 4k more and got that 991. He wasn't even selling at the time, but was approached by a dealer who had a customer looking for one like his and saw his on the Porsche forum.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Flip, that's one wide boy that :innocent:

Would love that as a poster on the wall, lol.

Yellow is still faster though 😁

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
I keep looking at caymans but at 6ft 4 and 120kg don’t know how comfortable I’d be had a boxster and once I was in it was ok but getting out I looked like I was an alcoholic paraplegic ffs