The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
FB_IMG_1611498149500.jpg

Martyn

RMS Regular
Completely and utterly useless in the snow. Was meant to leave it off at McMillan’s yesterday, but didn’t even get the length of Coleraine! 🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 309980

Any cayman/boxster I have owned has been useless as well in the snow. I would have have panicked if I had left work late and there was a skiff of snow on the ground.

With my 718 Cayman s I bought a set of 18” wheels fitted with n rated winter tyres. Totally transformed my faith in the car in snowy or cold damp conditions.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Modern performance tyres useless in snow !
If you can dig up footage of Jean -Pierre Nicolas on the 1973 Monte , your faith in porsches rear wheel traction will be restored .

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm a huge Porsche fan but I'd agree that this particular one has a bit too much going on at the back. I think its having the rear diffuser colour coded makes it look more like a cheap body kit. If it was black even I reckon it would look miles better.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Porsche brains..............

my latest personal torture is to look at the potential of selling my caterham.... moving on my 997.2 C2 and potentially going for one more special toy...... 997.2 is a perfect first pork, love the look & size.... can carry the kids in the back (albeit it becomes as tiring for me as it does them!) so thinking of the poetntial of 2 seats.

997GT3 70K up in reality.... for sure a safe bet in every way, albeit interior woudl feel old compared to my .2 and a 997.2 GT3 is getting steep
GT4 (918) 60K up... lovely looking cars, nice interior.. unsure where values go, but wouldn't be too bothered.. just not the real GT noise i guess - but under the skin look great
991 GT3 80K up... and the .1 engine 'thing' i cant see being worth the punt ? i dont like paying a warranty.. and outside a proper POrsche warranty, i doubt any other warranty will either take them on - or be meaningful after the 10 year good will ? a 991.2 is getting insane money.. i guess 997 GT3 plus 50K..

left field 991.x GTS which are lovely............ 981 spyder.... definitely different... albeit neither maybe as 'special' as a GT car.

i didn't actually see me selling the 997.2, but it was more the thought of lack of using the caterham.... and likely less and less use of 997.2 with kids.

i could see a $$ path into 997 GT3, 991 GT3 would be getting squeaky, could always move on some motorbikes etc... as i'm not sure i'd use them much with a special GT car.............

Last edited:

coffeekid

RMS Regular
Porsche brains..............

my latest personal torture is to look at the potential of selling my caterham.... moving on my 997.2 C2 and potentially going for one more special toy...... 997.2 is a perfect first pork, love the look & size.... can carry the kids in the back (albeit it becomes as tiring for me as it does them!) so thinking of the poetntial of 2 seats.

997GT3 70K up in reality.... for sure a safe bet in every way, albeit interior woudl feel old compared to my .2 and a 997.2 GT3 is getting steep
GT4 (918) 60K up... lovely looking cars, nice interior.. unsure where values go, but wouldn't be too bothered.. just not the real GT noise i guess - but under the skin look great
991 GT3 80K up... and the .1 engine 'thing' i cant see being worth the punt ? i dont like paying a warranty.. and outside a proper POrsche warranty, i doubt any other warranty will either take them on - or be meaningful after the 10 year good will ? a 991.2 is getting insane money.. i guess 997 GT3 plus 50K..

left field 991.x GTS which are lovely............ 981 spyder.... definitely different... albeit neither maybe as 'special' as a GT car.

i didn't actually see me selling the 997.2, but it was more the thought of lack of using the caterham.... and likely less and less use of 997.2 with kids.

i could see a $$ path into 997 GT3, 991 GT3 would be getting squeaky, could always move on some motorbikes etc... as i'm not sure i'd use them much with a special GT car.............

I was in a similar situation to yourself, but my focus changing was slightly different. Currently have a Caterham and a 981 Boxster and was looking at my options. Looked at 991 GTS, 981 GT4 & 718 GT4. In the end decided to keep the Caterham, sell the Boxster and have ordered a new Cayman GTS 4.0. Time will tell if I have went the right direction, but for my usage I reckon they are a good combination.