The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

workman

RMS Regular
I was sort of under the impression also that it would void the warranty on the part only but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this.
If anything is fitted to the car that is not a Porsche part, the warranty will be void.

KevM

RMS Regular
The workshop will do a full inspection on the car as it enters the workshop, before they put a spanner near it

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
It’s not just parts, if you even paint a part it voids the warranty! I painted my calipers professionally, Porsche Belfast said that unless they were put back to the original colour they wouldn’t give me a warranty!

I haven’t had one for the last two years so i
Just do what I want to my car, big brake upgrade (all oem Porsche) I’m going to put a set of kw v3 in next as they are so good in my gtc vxr.

What I’ve saved put my brakes on and will half pay for my v3’s, saying that I do keep a war chest just incase.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
All manufacturers are the same. They can't stand over something that's not to their specification, no matter how silly.

It may be possible in theory to go to court and try to prove a particular modification cannot affect a particular problem or whatever, but that will likely cost more than the repair.

So over a barrel it is.

For a long time you had to get the car serviced by the manufacturer themselves too but I'm pretty sure that's not the case any more. But I'm sure there are loopholes in that too.

The new "right to repair" legislation might change this, not sure. Plus that's an EU initiative, no idea if it's being mirrored by our own government.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Your red one can’t be that great if your trolling the internet for another ?

Oh the guards red one is a sport edition, so limited as in colour and spec, 48k miles and minty fresh, not a high miler standard car, I’m hardly trolling around in a forum I’ve been a member of since 2007, you could’ve been honest and decent with me, I don’t like being lied to, just letting people know about your character (y) I was on scumtree looking at wheels and yours popped up, other forum members actually warned me about you too so you’re a popular guy. See you on a pork run :laughing:

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
IMG_20210920_200212.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Lovely. How are you getting on with it?

I love those full pin stripe seats, very very cool.

daz8161

RMS Regular
Lovely. How are you getting on with it?

I love those full pin stripe seats, very very cool.

Good thanks, been doing a lot of little tidying up jobs. Got a blaupunkt radio fitted, new gearknob, re-dyed the worn parts of the steering wheel and just ordered full service, all belts including timing belt and water pump kits. When will yours be back on the road?