The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
I enquired about the Cayman R today and they have taken a deposit on it (not from me!).

With well priced R's it's best to just put down deposit then do your checks/thinking.

I had mine bought within 15min of it going live on a Facebook group.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
With well priced R's it's best to just put down deposit then do your checks/thinking.

I had mine bought within 15min of it going live on a Facebook group.
Would really love a good look around one as I have a real notion for one in 12 months time. If your ever going to a show in the near future give me a heads up if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Would really love a good look around one as I have a real notion for one in 12 months time. If your ever going to a show in the near future give me a heads up if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks

Happy to show you mine if you're ever cruising down Warrenpoint way. Justin's right about me and shows 😂.

They're just a tricked up Cayman at the end of the day but still good value in this crazy Porsche world we live in. Need the buckets though.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Happy to show you mine if you're ever cruising down Warrenpoint way. Justin's right about me and shows 😂.

They're just a tricked up Cayman at the end of the day but still good value in this crazy Porsche world we live in. Need the buckets though.
I'd agree on the buckets/sport seats. I'm built like a 10 year old girl and the seats in my S are still a bit tight on my shoulders.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
There was some serious fapping done when I saw this today. 💦

BC402514-B0BC-486B-BB78-84450E378D47.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Very brave to chose that colour when ordering but looks good.

Also another GT3 around Ballymoney on Saturday and two GT3 RS in Porsche Belfast when i was there last week, getting common those things 😀

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Prices for them are all over the place. Pre 2009 cars can be got a fair bit cheaper than post 09 cars due to the engine bore scores in the older 3.4l's (like the one above..)

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

Anyone for an engine swap project?
If I had £20k spare it would be great to build something like that with a Tesla motor. 400hp electric sports car.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
The gt3 tourings look absolutely epic, that’s until the dining table on the back goes up. The flappy spoilers is one thing I hate about modern 911’s

View attachment 358462
I also this popped up on Facebook yesterday. Homemade splitter

View attachment 358463
That's Andrea / PDI (https://www.caymanoc.com/forums/topic/2208-pdi-porsche-design-innovations-custom-parts/) from the CaymanOC. She lost her job at the start of Covid as a car designer and started a business creating parts for the Cayman. Her stuff is great looking imo.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That's Andrea / PDI (https://www.caymanoc.com/forums/topic/2208-pdi-porsche-design-innovations-custom-parts/) from the CaymanOC. She lost her job at the start of Covid as a car designer and started a business creating parts for the Cayman. Her stuff is great looking imo.

I would love that front splitter for my car but I like the fact my car can get over ramps etc with no issue with the gt3 one.

Have you seen the intake plenum she is designing like the new gt4 RS. If that gets the go ahead I’ll definitely be ordering one of those and the front intake ducts too

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, that splitter looks fantastic but could be hard work in real life.

I do like the front ducts and the air intakes.

And the duck tail, that's brilliant 😁 :cool: