The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Ken Block: Introducing: the Hoonipigasus! This is the hill climb beast that I’ll be racing at this year’s Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. It’s a Porsche 911 SVSR, built by BBi Autosport in partnership with Mobil 1, and it’s a one-of-a-kind, mid-engine, twin-turbo, 1400hp, AWD, 1000kg, weapon. This meth-fueled monster is intended to be the world’s ultimate Porsche race car build with the sole purpose of trying to win the top class in the 100th running of the legendary PPIHC race. We’ve also teamed up with former pro snowboarder, musician, and internationally acclaimed street artist Trouble (Trevor) Andrew, a.k.a. Gucci Ghost, to launch this incredible new livery on this build. The livery, color, and name pays homage to the infamous 1971 Porsche 917/20 “Pink Pig”. Lots of work and planning went into this, and this project is just incredible!

View attachment 361318
I was convinced he was going to do it in an Audi Quattro but that is unreal looking

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Wonder how long it'll be before someone uses that ePorsche that Chris Harris was driving round the Valencia circuit?

schoolboy

RMS Regular
6D692494-3D64-47F3-9E78-F9D74D1B48BC.jpeg

Saw this earlier whilst walking through Lisboa

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I was convinced he was going to do it in an Audi Quattro but that is unreal looking

Same here, didn't he have sponsorship a deal with them? Bit rude to take a Porsche, lol, even if it's just a token shell on a spaceframe :innocent:

Or did nothing coming of that deal in the end?

Wonder how long it'll be before someone uses that ePorsche that Chris Harris was driving round the Valencia circuit?

The VW electric prototype thing has already been up hasn't it? And a few other electric ones. No issue with running out of breath at the top as long as they can make the battery last three whole way.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Same here, didn't he have sponsorship a deal with them? Bit rude to take a Porsche, lol, even if it's just a token shell on a spaceframe :innocent:

Or did nothing coming of that deal in the end?

The VW electric prototype thing has already been up hasn't it? And a few other electric ones. No issue with running out of breath at the top as long as they can make the battery last three whole way.
I'd heard that some ev had gone up - but I didn't realise anything 'serious' had gone up.

I was also wondering what happens if an EV breaks the records - as you say, no issues with running out of breath at higher altitude.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty sure they are in their own class. But the outright record at the peak is a free for all so anything goes I believe.

Edit: allegedly this is the full extent of the rule book for the unlimited class:

The Director of Competition will determine the eligibility of a vehicle for the Unlimited Division. This division will allow any race vehicle invited by PPIHC, and capable of challenging for the overall win, to take part in this Unlimited Division. All vehicles must be race-ready and meet safety requirements as outlined in Technical Regulations and Special Rules and must adhere to General Competition Rules.
Edit again: The VW ID.R went up in 2018/19 and held the outright record at that time. That record still stands.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You've done well there, it will be a lot of fun. Get some AP in at some point but that's all. Much more analogue and direct than the later efforts. Not a daily, lol, but brilliant fun-car :cool:

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
You've done well there, it will be a lot of fun. Get some AP in at some point but that's all. Much more analogue and direct than the later efforts. Not a daily, lol, but brilliant fun-car :cool:
She wasn't on the open market. Had good craic in the Peak district on way to Manchester last week - she moves around under you in a nice way...except if wet I suspect :grinning: