The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

davyk31

RMS Regular
Can’t buy a GTS and not keep to the black wheels!!
I’m in no way a black wheel fan but it does really suit the wheels. They are satin black rather than gloss which is loads better.
How’s the Taycan going, David? Quite fancy one after the ix3 goes back in January.

My mate just got a new ice silver turbo S which isn’t helping the want!
It’s going great Graeme. Really don’t drive it a huge lot especially in winter, my wife reckons I have too many cars and she may be right 😀

As you know I do like how an electric car drives and the Taycan takes it to a whole new level. Power is immense and relentless, in honesty it’s too quick and a decent bit of restraint is needed. Handling is great with 4 wheel drive and rear wheel steering makes it feel pretty nimble. I have the GTS Racetex interior which does make it feel pretty special inside.
I have the Sports Turismo which gives a decent bit of extra practicality over the saloon version. Bit more rear headroom and being a hatchback makes all the difference.

The Gen 2 Turbo S has something over 900 bhp so it must be an absolutely mental thing. Mine is only a bit shy of 600.

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
If you are doing it through the business which is what makes most sense for an EV then a new Macan should be cheaper than a used Taycan. Benefit in Kind tax for running it via the business is tiny but the tax advantages for the company are pretty decent.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
If you are doing it through the business which is what makes most sense for an EV then a new Macan should be cheaper than a used Taycan. Benefit in Kind tax for running it via the business is tiny but the tax advantages for the company are pretty decent.

Are there any numbers out there yet for the full EV Macan? Wondering how it would compare with our iX3 when the time comes in a couple of years.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes it’s on release now and can be ordered so all the details are out there. No physical cars to view until the summer and at launch it will just be the 4S and Turbo available.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Starts at £70k. You're looking at least £1100/month on a personal lease 3 + 35, 10k/year.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Built one on the Porsche configurator, didn’t go heavy at all with spec and it was a shade over £80k. That’s pretty heavy for a relatively poverty spec.

Yep! I merely glanced at a Turbo and it was over £100k!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Screenshot_20240305_215211_Facebook.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4

Not for me personally, especially as a £21k option. I'd love to see one with the "bump guards" front and back painted black and a different set of wheels. I really don't like those wheels, especially the black with polished rims version.

Watched the Harrys Garage review of this the other day though and it would make an awesome daily driver (with the optional sports seats instead of the standard carbon buckets)! £230k+ I think he said they are changing hands for...!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yeah don't get wrong, I wouldn't spec it myself but fair play to someone who is happy to go outside of the norm.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That's Gross Glockner pass unless I've completely lost it, lol. On the north side, near the summit. Gets busy in season but the scenery is stunning.