Drives
S3 Revo
Nice one - lowered a touch and that would be a cracking looking SUV IMO

Would love to lower our Q5 a bit

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Big switch in the middle of the console will raise it another 6 inches or drop it on it's hole in about 10 seconds lol

Another one switches it from rock hard go-kart to big soft wallowy cruiser.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I'd constantly have it on the deck :joy:

Didnt know that shape of Cayenne came with air ride but knew it was an option in the next gen

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Cheers lads
Great purchase on Cayenne I still miss mine
Great fleet you have
Night and day different to the Range Rover! Cant even compare them against each other they are that different.
Lovely! I’ve been looking at tis stuke of vehicle a lot lately. Must be getting to that age! 😂😂 I could only dream of a Porsche version though! Lol
:joy: Whatever that age is I bet I'm not anywhere near it lol You can pick the 6 Cylinder up for very reasonable money, but for a budget hero a Range Rover is the way to go.

Didnt know that shape of Cayenne came with air ride but knew it was an option in the next gen
Couldn't bring myself to post a pic of it on the deck, its meant to be a 4x4 😂 but just for you
6B9B29B3-B260-42B6-98C8-E16D48E96D24.jpeg

VS Off road mode
FA9EC45F-5C1B-41F3-BA53-709BEEBB78E7.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Air ride & adjustable anti roll bars. So it can be slammed and rock hard or lifted and soft to allow for maximum articulation.

I preferred the high up view for the city and then would have dropped it when parked for loading up and letting the boys in/out.

They also drop height automatically on the motorway to increase stability.

Tremendous bit of kit.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Ah so it was you that bought the Cayenne!! Damn you! Looks like a great buy.

Rest of the fleet look interesting too. Though I might have kept the Megane as well lol
Wasn't letting this one slip through my fingers, had the deposit paid before @Coog could wipe his tears lol
Air ride & adjustable anti roll bars. So it can be slammed and rock hard or lifted and soft to allow for maximum articulation.

I preferred the high up view for the city and then would have dropped it when parked for loading up and letting the boys in/out.

They also drop height automatically on the motorway to increase stability.

Tremendous bit of kit.
The difference in the modes is more than any other car I've driven, proper squishy in comfort then quite aggressive in sport, Normal definitely the best for just driving about.

Averaged 25mpg from yours to Kircubbin then the same average dropped to 17 from there to Portaferry lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Cheers lads

Night and day different to the Range Rover! Cant even compare them against each other they are that different.

:joy: Whatever that age is I bet I'm not anywhere near it lol You can pick the 6 Cylinder up for very reasonable money, but for a budget hero a Range Rover is the way to go.

Couldn't bring myself to post a pic of it on the deck, its meant to be a 4x4 😂 but just for you
View attachment 375153
VS Off road mode
View attachment 375154
I’m 2 months away from being 45! Lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Wasn't letting this one slip through my fingers, had the deposit paid before @Coog could wipe his tears lol

The difference in the modes is more than any other car I've driven, proper squishy in comfort then quite aggressive in sport, Normal definitely the best for just driving about.

Averaged 25mpg from yours to Kircubbin then the same average dropped to 17 from there to Portaferry lol

We usually saw 25-26 on a long run. For a full size 4x4 never mind one with near 400bhp, I reckon that's very decent tbh. What do the Range Rovers manage?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
I’m 2 months away from being 45! Lol
The mini will keep you young lol Also I retract my Range Rover recommendation and change it to a Td4 Freelander, we bough one for £450 a couple of years ago, covered in dog and 195k on it but the bro drove it for work everyday they are one of the best jeeps on fuel and bar having to fix some bodges by the previous owners it was 100% and that was our third.
We usually saw 25-26 on a long run. For a full size 4x4 never mind one with near 400bhp, I reckon that's very decent tbh. What do the Range Rovers manage?
Hard to say as it runs 95% of the time on lpg and its never really an exact science but be lucky to get 18 out of it on a run but then the fuel is half the price. But more than happy with what I can get out of the Cayenne tbh, may look at lpg down the line.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Only joined to try and sell my car a few years ago but WFH has me basically a permanent feature here between 9-5 Mon - Fri, and I'm awful at keeping a record of what is done to the cars so thought it was about time I made a thread for the fleet. (Pre warning expect horrendous spelling).

Used to be a one good car under 50k miles kind of guy but have completely flipped these days and cant say I regret it one bit. Will just stick a pic of each in this and do a post for each car at some point.

L322 Range Rover with the BMW 4.4 V8 on Lpg
View attachment 371933

2.5 986 Boxster
View attachment 371934

Tiger Avon with a 2.0 Pinto (only new to me and broke down on its 2nd drive so only ad pics lol)
View attachment 371935

Nissan Murano on Lpg with the weird CVT gearbox
View attachment 371936

Series 3 land Rover with the 2 1/4 petrol
View attachment 371939

and finally the might swift, bought having never driven or really looked at one 100% off the back of @Coog and @TheDaniel posting about them and luckily turned out to be one of my favourite cars ever.
View attachment 371938

You passed me a couple of times in the Swift this evening on the Loughdoo Road while I was out with the dog. Thought it was Coog 😂

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
You passed me a couple of times in the Swift this evening on the Loughdoo Road while I was out with the dog. Thought it was Coog 😂
Mines the dirty one 😂 im just down in Portaferry, had lost the keys and the battery was dead with sitting so was out getting a charge up, wee car is perfect for the cloughy road 😂

Hope to hear the evo sometime soon if ur that close 😂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
The words of every portaferry native 😂😂
I was just down seeing a boy in that area and away to oggle some tasty toys further up the peninsula. Was busting for a pee and didn't have any change for the robo-gritter outside exploris so parked just behind your Rangie, thought it looked familiar but on the way back to the car saw the Cayenne and confirmed it lol. Blind as a bat or focused on the task at hand, whichever or a bit of both... 🤷‍♂️

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Have been struggling with the running of the series since taking it apart to rebuild the steering box so asked @56oval to call down and have a look.

Was happy it fought him as well lol but we (100% Ben) got it to as gd as we could get it and it is running much better now.

781D18A8-ACE9-4D4E-9899-2C240278FEB4.jpeg

I did the valve clearances the next day allowing me to add a few revs to help with the idle especially when cold.

Cheer Ben was actually really interesting as well 👍

D4FA7FF3-896C-4867-9C10-E8F96E9EC8C8.jpeg

56oval

RMS Regular
Have been struggling with the running of the series since taking it apart to rebuild the steering box so asked @56oval to call down and have a look.

Was happy it fought him as well lol but we (100% Ben) got it to as gd as we could get it and it is running much better now.

View attachment 377049
I did the valve clearances the next day allowing me to add a few revs to help with the idle especially when cold.

Cheer Ben was actually really interesting as well 👍

View attachment 377050
Was a pleasure. Tell me this was the inlet or exhaust valve ( or both ) tight on no 2?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Was a pleasure. Tell me this was the inlet or exhaust valve ( or both ) tight on no 2?
Tbh they were all out so do remember what 2 was like, but is devs idling better.

But I took the old rear exhaust piece off waiting for the new one so its that loud its hard to tell whats going on haha.

Was working on the tiger today and all air leaks are gone and running much better 👌 but the feckin airfilter doesn’t line up with the whole on the bonnet so going to have to cut them again 🙈😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Welcome to the random car collection club, lol. That's a nice wee selection there.

The Swift must be perfect for a bit of track fun 😎

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
View attachment 377205

Stopping for a bite to eat, noticed the Swift then seen the cayenne in the background.

Are they both yours @Jbridges522 ?

Swift looks like a hoot
If thats ur bike im pretty sure I walked past you a couple of times haha yeah both mine, wee swift is honestly the best driving thing I’ve ever driven, and it my van/track/everyday car haha

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Usually everything parked to the left of the Eurospar belongs to @Jbridges522. One for everyday of the week!
😂😂 come on im not the only culprit, just the main one haha

Actually bit of a clear out coming.... the boxster, tiger and 182 (hasn’t made it on here yet, pic below) will likely all be listed in the next few weeks I think.

CFE87902-0821-4584-A111-424EE76DEB20.jpeg

Got a gd run out in the boxster and tiger this morning.
63457F10-3017-4457-9A1C-4839F5C3FB31.jpeg

Followed by a new exhaust and run out in the series.
68833BFC-2B25-46E3-8DA3-562DF7A92495.jpeg