The fleet of has-beens

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
If thats ur bike im pretty sure I walked past you a couple of times haha yeah both mine, wee swift is honestly the best driving thing I’ve ever driven, and it my van/track/everyday car haha

Yes, put a clutch in it during the week so took it a lap of Strangford Lough to test it out. First time on that wee ferry too

I'd love a 182 Clio, but need to clear space myself

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Tiger through the mot today after getting a cancellation this morning in boucher, different experience driving this thing in Belfast, good fun tbf.

FAA428F0-DAA9-42CA-BF95-08552DC2343F.jpeg
209DFB8E-23D1-4466-9FEB-79EE56B9C7FC.jpeg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I spotted you up and down Boucher. I was parked in the car park at pure gym eating my lunch in the cayman. It sounds unreal!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Yes, put a clutch in it during the week so took it a lap of Strangford Lough to test it out. First time on that wee ferry too
She go well?
What engine/box is in it?
Its a 2.0 pinto with a fair bit of work done to it, not something id know alot about but its been bored out (so not really a 2.0), race pistons, con rods etc and a ford type 9 5 speed gearbox it goes well.

Been fixing airleaks on it this last week and have it running nearly 100% now with it just over running a little and backfiring into the carb the odd time, will keep tinkering.
I spotted you up and down Boucher. I was parked in the car park at pure gym eating my lunch in the cayman. It sounds unreal!
Be lying if I said I didn’t spot the cayman and light it up 😂 She looks the part 👍

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
She go well?

Goes well for a cruiser bike. It's a Magna so cruiser style frame, but essentially a V4 VFR750 engine, just a little more torquey and less peak. Re-jetted and de-baffled it makes around 95hp. Considering all it's V-Twin competitors make around 55hp (With exception of the VMAX). Should 0-60 in under 4 seconds but I'm just not harsh enough on it launching it to get there.

Had it for years but its comfortable, corners ok for what it is, quick enough, just a great all rounder

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Seems I’ve finally learnt how to buy a gd car 😂 boxster through mot with no advisories. Surprisingly probably the most reliable car ive owned, 24 yrs old and in the year ive had it, it hasnt used a drop of oil or coolant and zero issues. Will be sad to see it go.
AE0D8337-5B09-4629-899A-8CEB72C5CED6.jpeg

EFAC6EB5-E955-434A-8248-C8F73C901A64.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
Thats the tiger and boxster listed for sale. Will be particularly sad to see the boxster go, unreal wee cars.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
How does one do this? “Buy a good car”? 😂😂
Its a numbers game, 3 isnt enough you need to buy 10 every year and there is bound to be a couple of gd ones in there to convince yourself you’ve cracked it 😂

Prepping the 182 for the mot and unfortunately the handbrake arm of the right rear caliber was doing nothing so new caliper and cable fitted thing was near new annoyingly.
5487A9E4-A820-4D71-992B-C23C22581650.jpeg

Also waiting on a sports cat coming to replace the decat.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
plenty of work and ins and outs since I last updated this. Boxster & 182 are both gone and a deposit has been taken on the Tiger and will finally go hopefully this weekend after a complete mare with the buyer.

Range Rover got its annual oil and filter change and then soon after finally let me down when the water pump **** the bed, had to tow it home and got it swapped out with a new one. Tbf it actually wasn't too bad of a job with the trickiest bit being getting the fan knocked loose, bearings in the old one where completely shot so just thankful it got shut off as soon as it happened and avoided any real damage

876AB74D-D898-4392-8171-4D73861168D2.jpeg
F00E4E89-CEEB-46C6-9D87-0F5AA80A5D51.jpeg

Then got her through the MOT for another year, and has been on a number of 200+ mile trips since, absolutely love this car and cant see how I would ever replace it. Will get it in the shed some time soon to fit gaskets etc to solve some oil leaks.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
With so many outs I had to bring a couple in, so continuing the hot hatch theme I had always wanted a full factory R56 jcw having had the 07 dealer JCW as my 1st hot hatch so picked up this in England a while back needing a few small jobs. Got the jobs done relatively easy but jesus the engine bay is tiny when your used to land rovers! the lsd makes it much less of a death trap than my previous one was lol

But then a really nice wee clio 200 came up very locally and the seller was willing to take gd money for it so I had to snap it up.

99CCAD74-7249-4D2D-BE2C-7525B1FD41BE.jpeg

Have to say the 200 has really impressed me, and although the mini is probably the better all round car it will be the one to stay. Engine pulls so strongly and handling is bang on for the local roads, in love with the colour as well.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That 200 is a class colour haven't seen many about at all! They're great wee cars for the back roads, and fun on track as well!

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
plenty of work and ins and outs since I last updated this. Boxster & 182 are both gone and a deposit has been taken on the Tiger and will finally go hopefully this weekend after a complete mare with the buyer.

Range Rover got its annual oil and filter change and then soon after finally let me down when the water pump **** the bed, had to tow it home and got it swapped out with a new one. Tbf it actually wasn't too bad of a job with the trickiest bit being getting the fan knocked loose, bearings in the old one where completely shot so just thankful it got shut off as soon as it happened and avoided any real damage

View attachment 387120View attachment 387121

Then got her through the MOT for another year, and has been on a number of 200+ mile trips since, absolutely love this car and cant see how I would ever replace it. Will get it in the shed some time soon to fit gaskets etc to solve some oil leaks.
Do they use the TU engine with vanos?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
That 200 is a class colour haven't seen many about at all! They're great wee cars for the back roads, and fun on track as well!
Albi blue it is, not sure ive seen one in it before tbh, very similar to the gordini blue but slightly darker, should come up well with a polish. I wouldn’t be buying it if it didn’t have at least one issue but just an engine mount so should be no hassle.
Do they use the TU engine with vanos?
Absolutely no idea haha
mini looks the business!
actually expected it to need more black added but really like it as is, will still sell it though as they do the same job and I forgot how tiny a mini is haha

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
If anyone is interested the Cayenne will be going once I stop being sick and can get it mot’d.

Will let it go for gd money to another rmser before I do an ad or anything if anyone is interested say around 7k.

Its a brilliant car but its just no Range Rover to me.

Few bullet points

- 2008 Cayenne s
- 6 speed auto with low range and locking diffs
- PDCC (adjustable air suspension & anti roll bars im pretty sure)
- Detachable tow bar
- Will come with full years mot
- Think its something like 78k miles but will check
- Overall good condition but does have some blemishes

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
If anyone is interested the Cayenne will be going once I stop being sick and can get it mot’d.

Will let it go for gd money to another rmser before I do an ad or anything if anyone is interested say around 7k.

Its a brilliant car but its just no Range Rover to me.

Few bullet points

- 2008 Cayenne s
- 6 speed auto with low range and locking diffs
- PDCC (adjustable air suspension & anti roll bars im pretty sure)
- Detachable tow bar
- Will come with full years mot
- Think its something like 78k miles but will check
- Overall good condition but does have some blemishes
Someone will get a cracker there.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
OP
Jbridges522
Drives
986 & RR
MOT season is upon us 😬, all going well until the cayenne was pulled on the (barely noticeable) front tints! 🤦‍♂️

Anyone got through with them still on for a retest?

Might try going through with the windows down and switch pulled.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
MOT season is upon us 😬, all going well until the cayenne was pulled on the (barely noticeable) front tints! 🤦‍♂️

Anyone got through with them still on for a retest?

Might try going through with the windows down and switch pulled.
If it's down specifically as the reason for the fail I'd doubt leaving the windows down would work tbh, switch pulled or not!