The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
The green wheels on them are a killer but with the black it looks a lot tamer. Not sure I would buy the colour myself but does kinda work
Yea that’s not awful with black wheels.

The one I saw a few weeks ago was some terrible crossover of a mint choc ice and my grandparents bathroom back in the early 90s.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
There’s a few v8 90s around limavady and they sound amazing. They’re all blinged up and black. I’d like to see one in steels and a lighter colour.

I still haven’t warmed to them as a defender replacement but as a cool big 4x4 that can actually go off-road if needed they’re lovely.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
There’s a few v8 90s around limavady and they sound amazing. They’re all blinged up and black. I’d like to see one in steels and a lighter colour.

I still haven’t warmed to them as a defender replacement but as a cool big 4x4 that can actually go off-road if needed they’re lovely.
You’ll not see a V8 on steels - brakes are massive and need a minimum 20” wheel.

My 130 diesel has the same brakes due to its weight

A-ron

RMS Regular
Love this ! Perfect spec in my eyes. Was tempted until I seen £710pa road tax 🥴

A friend has had various range rovers over the years and they are such a nice place to sit as you waft along towering over everyone else.

1719510218789.png

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA

A friend has had various range rovers over the years and they are such a nice place to sit as you waft along towering over everyone else.

View attachment 438804

If £60/month road tax bothers you then they aren’t for you mate, they are brilliant but can be expensive to run and repair

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
If £60/month road tax bothers you then they aren’t for you mate, they are brilliant but can be expensive to run and repair

I would have to 100% agree with this. The RFL would be the least of your worries.

A small knocking noise and a sticky caliper in the Sport just set me back nearly £700 to sort. That was just after fitting a new suspension compressor...

They are still lovely though and every home should have one!

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6

View attachment 438804

I'd love to have something like this but I'd be too tempted to offroad it like I did the Touareg greatly increasing the bork and wallet emptying potential. Plus I'm pretty certain my mechanic would disown me 8o|

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
There is no need to have any more fear for a LR / RR than any other full size 4x4, like all manufactures there's the models to dodge, but there's even an argument that you should have less fear given the local parts / knowledge available.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
I'd love to have something like this but I'd be too tempted to offroad it like I did the Touareg greatly increasing the bork and wallet emptying potential. Plus I'm pretty certain my mechanic would disown me 8o|
Do it 😎🫡💪🏻
FB_IMG_1719268672888.jpg

There is no need to have any more fear for a LR / RR than any other full size 4x4, like all manufactures there's the models to dodge, but there's even an argument that you should have less fear given the local parts / knowledge available.
Exactly this. I'm absolutely loving mine.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
This thread is the yin, my want for a 4.4v8 SV autobiography is the Yang.

Every time my Yang gets a boost I read some of this thread and balance is restored and imminent financial destruction is avoided for a while longer.

You need something to work for after all 🤣

It's not just 4x4's! The horror stories about the majority of newer cars and the costs involved to fix even the simplest things on some models is ridiculous.

Jecks

RMS Regular
I had a 4.4v8 2015 vogue about this time last year, only kept it a few months after numerous teething problems and teens mpg, swore blind id not have another but voodoo is drawing me back to a fresher 20/21 car if the right one comes up.
The p400e suits my current trips as mostly all short 5-10 mile trips several times a day and have a home charger already here.