The Supercars In Northern Ireland!

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
Hi All,
I don't often post but do keep a good eye on the local forums and always love the supercar forums!

Having driven both, and the McLaren/R8 in question being mine. A few points.

1) Both the R8 and the McLaren are unreal cars and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to drive them. When I moved from the R8 to Mclaren I saw positives and negatives in both but decided to give it a go while I can make best use of 2 seats.

2) everyone is entitled to their own opinion on which they prefer and that's what a supercar is all about. It's what relates to each individual and why in my opinion we love them and discuss them so much.

3) I drive mine as much as I can in all weather conditions (not a garage motor) and this car in this picture is as good as brown from dirt. It's an MSO mclaren volcano Red paint so it's very difficult for a camera to pick up its actual colour, even when clean.

4) my thoughts from ownership for the last few months - extremely fast car like nothing I have driven before but still has the practically to be able to use it as more less a daily driver. I will continue to try and get it out there on the NI roads as much as I can, while I can.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Hi All,
I don't often post but do keep a good eye on the local forums and always love the supercar forums!

1) Both the R8 and the McLaren are unreal cars and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to drive them. When I moved from the R8 to Mclaren I saw positives and negatives in both but decided to give it a go while I can make best use of 2 seats.

2) everyone is entitled to their own opinion on which they prefer and that's what a supercar is all about. It's what relates to each individual and why in my opinion we love them and discuss them so much.

3) I drive mine as much as I can in all weather conditions (not a garage motor) and this car in this picture is as good as brown from dirt. It's an MSO mclaren volcano Red paint so it's very difficult for a camera to pick up its actual colour, even when clean.

4) my thoughts from ownership for the last few months - extremely fast car like nothing I have driven before but still has the practically to be able to use it as more less a daily driver. I will continue to try and get it out there on the NI roads as much as I can, while I can.
Good man for giving an insight from ownership :grinning:

However, would your old noble be worth ten fortunes yet with the way the rare car market has went?

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
Good man for giving an insight from ownership :grinning:

However, would your old noble be worth ten fortunes yet with the way the rare car market has went?
Lol, the Noble might well be worth a lot more than what I sold it for, but without selling it I wouldn't have been able to drive the R8's and Mclaren. Usability of the other cars is a key factor rather for me rather than having something sitting in a garage (or a workshop getting repaired) appreciating in price.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Lol, the Noble might well be worth a lot more than what I sold it for, but without selling it I wouldn't have been able to drive the R8's and Mclaren. Usability of the other cars is a key factor rather for me rather than having something sitting in a garage (or a workshop getting repaired) appreciating in price.
Well I guess there is no fun in doing one or two trackdays when you can drive something nicer, every day :grinning:

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Hi All,

Well I can confirm the colour is beaut and it sounds amazing, you may have noticed I was kinda stalking you in the BP today, apologies but I just had to see you take off....Thankyou (y)

PS I hope you don't mind me posting the pics up, I just had to share my excitement

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
Well I can confirm the colour is beaut and it sounds amazing, you may have noticed I was kinda stalking you in the BP today, apologies but I just had to see you take off....Thankyou (y)

PS I hope you don't mind me posting the pics up, I just had to share my excitement
No worries at all.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I love that McLaren! Seen 2 in my time and they sound amazing. Colour looks great IMO.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Hi All,

You'll need baby seats some day.........maybe LOL
Enjoy it while you can!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
There's kids (I think) on FB who hang about Lisburn rd, Charles Hurst etc taking pics of the supercars - some of the machinery is incredible.

N.I. seems to like high end cars :cool:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
There's kids (I think) on FB who hang about Lisburn rd, Charles Hurst etc taking pics of the supercars - some of the machinery is incredible.

N.I. seems to like high end cars :cool:

Think you mean runt automotive, they had the video of the red M3 on here that a member had for sale but was swiftly removed lol.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
No worries at all.

I'm a huge Mclaren fan but will never come close to owning one.I think I've peaked in my fast car journey with the V10 M5. Any chance of a drive out with you at some point (when the m5 is fixed!) or perhaps a passenger ride?
I've been down in london a couple of times last year and every time i went i made space in the timetable for a visit to the Mclaren dealership in Knightsbridge. They always let me in and as I always buy something when I'm there (Normally clothes) they normally let me sit in the cars and get whatever pics i want too. I was in a dream land sat inside a white MSO 675LT they had there, completely ignoring the EDIT: *RUBBISH* LaFerrari that was driving past at the time.. LOL

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
How awesome to get an owners insight! Car is fantastic @LesNobleM12 .. Hope to see some photos and catch it on the road if I can!! (y)

Was thinking that myself, always good to hear from someone who lives with a car of this type on a daily basis, get their overall view from fast driving to sitting in a traffic jam in Belfast etc

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Didn't an optician in Belfast own one? Think he used to do a bit of formula fords years ago as well,I'm near sure I remember him spinning it leaving the pitlane at kirkiston.
That would've been Geoff McConville, back when he had the opticians in Newtownards!

There used to be one in Portadown many years ago.
A guy called Hector Lestor had one in the Portadown/Craigavon area, remember seeing it at an open day at Lisnasure Interiors years ago when I used to work for them!