The Two Port Porker 944's

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Think I went with the 225/45 F and 255/40 R setup on my Cup 1s. Kumho's from memory with a nice square shoulder so filled out the arches well. I'm on standard 2.7 lux suspension so needed a bit of chunky. Had 40 profiles on the front before and it was too skinny looking.

ETA - there's a couple of side on shots on my Instagram @andy9eleven to give you an idea.

I'll delete these in a bit so as to not take away from your thread.

Not at all, keep things all things Porsche together!
What offsets are those you're working with?

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
I was never the biggest fan of the 924/944 back in the eighties/nineties, but looking through this thread has changed by mind....some looking truely stunning.

I have always had a soft spot for the 928 (probably blame the film "Risky Business"!!)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I was never the biggest fan of the 924/944 back in the eighties/nineties, but looking through this thread has changed by mind....some looking truely stunning.

I have always had a soft spot for the 928 (probably blame the film "Risky Business"!!)

I love the 928 myself, it's the only front engined model I have yet to own, but they're getting very pricey.

Spotted this one on Instagram recently, which I think is awesome!

image.jpg

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Funny to think not that long ago you couldn't give away 928s, you could buy a 964 for less than £10k, and everyone ridiculed the 924/944 series of cars.

I guess they just don't make them like they used to!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
That's true Andy, I myself used to view the 924/944 as the runt of Porsche's, but never imagined owning one let alone been able to afford one!

I would have loved a lovely mk2 golf or a Corrado but I now I've sat in this and soaked it all in, I'd take one of these over a Corrado any day! And they're about the same money really!

Wheel options aren't as good but it's unique and does everything you would need as a usable classic, the arches alone make me want it. Lol

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
IMG-20161201-WA0021.jpg

You wonder why some people let rot get so bad. I mean this one hasn't even been off the road, it was used everyday & has never been without an MOT. Could you face that everyday ?

Anyway, that's all the rust & filler cut out & taken back to clean. Luckily only one side of the car was effected as the rough side you see was parked under a tree in recent years.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
tiny progress update on this one too... I have all bar two small pieces sorted as far as bodywork goes. A good wing, new slightly scruffy bumper, indicator, badge panel and some bits off another headlight to mend my own and it's looking like this :

fadf55ba8aa72664d68771346ce2de72.jpg

d748a6cb97684fe6871f318ee67d1ce2.jpg

The springs have settled a bit too so now I can work out the back

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Oh and fitted new rear struts for the boot, replaced the rotten wires for the rear window, have clear side repeaters ready and possibly the worst rear diffuser you can get for them, which Barry still has time to talk me out of lol

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Oh and fitted new rear struts for the boot, replaced the rotten wires for the rear window, have clear side repeaters ready and possibly the worst rear diffuser you can get for them, which Barry still has time to talk me out of lol

Please tell me it's not that bloody horrendous 'shark tooth' lower rear valance?! +o(

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
What's it look like, it sounds perfect? Lol.

Someone referred to it as a "toast rack"

received_661864487307839.jpeg

pablo

RMS Moderator
Is the torsion bar a complete bar steward?

Do you think the eccentric bolts would be plenty?

There isn't a lot of lowering on the bolts alone they are really for levelling up the suspension just. And you look pretty low on the front so might be a torsion job alright.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Looks fantastic Barry! If mine turns out half as nice I'll be happy!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
I'll be on James' case now that I've seen this! Lol. Looks so good! I think with the fresher looking lights, clear indicators and spaced out wheels that the other spoiler will look the part!