Things you can’t do without in your car!

e320mark

RMS Regular
Have had a check through and can’t see a similar thread! For me I think it’s 2 things, parking sensors and heated seats! Could never have a car without heated seats now!
Wife’s car has a heated steering wheel, it’s really growing on me!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Have had a check through and can’t see a similar thread! For me I think it’s 2 things, parking sensors and heated seats! Could never have a car without heated seats now!
Wife’s car has a heated steering wheel, it’s really growing on me!

Really don't get heated seats. Had them in my last two cars and literally never turned them on.

Couldn't do without an auto box though, driving into Belfast everyday it's a necessity.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Really don't get heated seats. Had them in my last two cars and literally never turned them on.

Couldn't do without an auto box though, driving into Belfast everyday it's a necessity.

With you on the auto box. My search criteria for a car is generally narrowed down by selecting ‘diesel’ and ‘auto’, anything over and above that is a bonus.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Heated steering wheel is brilliant. I thought it was a gimmick but it's genuinely great.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don’t see the attraction. Though my hands are never cold anyway.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Neither are mine but on a freezing morning after clearing frost off the screen and getting the kids buckled in it's fantastic. Bluetooth music streaming is another one I use a lot.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Zorst and a good sound system as @Lyons has said, love good quality audio, Bluetooth has become very useful but wouldn't be a deal breaker.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
In my current car the reverse camera and sensors are an absolute saviour when parking for knowing how far to go back in a space.

Last car loved the automatic dual clutch, sometimes miss it driving through Belfast traffic.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I got a £20 remote central locking fitted to my Grand Vitara a couple of years ago. Even now it still feels like a novelty and without a doubt the one thing that i couldn’t live without.
My mum's mazda 2 rcl has stopped working. No idea how she just continues as normal

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Air con (always cold and the above on 🤣)
Speed limit recognition
Keyless entry & start
Reverse camera
Oh parking assist ! Hate having to do that now !

And once I get something with it, autonomous driving ! 😁

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Air con (always cold and the above on 🤣)
Speed limit recognition
Keyless entry & start
Reverse camera
Oh parking assist ! Hate having to do that now !

And once I get something with it, autonomous driving ! 😁

And you call yourself a petrol head 😂 might as well relinquish the M3 and get a bus pass

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Heated steering wheel is the business, I thought I would never use it and yet I do regularly. Same with TV, thought I would never use it but have used it waiting on people at the airport a few times now too.

My must haves depend on the cars useage.

Daily driver

- must be automatic
- must be a large 4x4. All the space of a van and more comfort than a car. They really are the perfect day to day machine.

Weekender

- must be manual
- must be RWD