Thread: Ride out 24/6 Coast Run

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Apparently you can ride home on a flat tyre. Feels scary at the start but once you get the speed above 30mph it stays in reasonable shape and works ok.

I tried it once and got to 20mph, but was afraid of binning it so gave up.

boringdave

RMS Regular
Drives
81 mini city
i shall see how the funds are, Have just booked a weekend in the highlands for end of the month

AndyG

RMS Regular
Taking the car to kirkistown for track skills this Sunday, I’m Gona miss every spin out at this rate :worried:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
On the topic of flat tyres do you not think that pressure monitors should be standard equipment on bikes?

Could potentially be a life saver if you’re tipping into a corner at speed.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
I’ll be out early tomorrow morning for a spin..just 100 miles or so..if any of ya fancy tagging along inbox me.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I need to kill my old Bridgestone T30's on my, new to me, S1000R before my new M7rr's go on to go to the BSB round at knockhill in July so I'd love to get out at the weekend if it's dry.

There's a trackday on Friday but I can't get off work.

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
If the sun is out I’ll be out for a spin if you fancy it Sunday morning

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Apparently you can ride home on a flat tyre. Feels scary at the start but once you get the speed above 30mph it stays in reasonable shape and works ok.

I tried it once and got to 20mph, but was afraid of binning it so gave up.
I rode my fireblade 8 miles home on a flat back, it's a big dodgy below 30 as you say but sitting at 50 it's ok. You can't ride a roadside on a flat front.

Last edited:

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Ok lads if the weather is decent i’ll be out for a spin early Sunday morning. I usually leave Lurgan about 8.30/9.00 ish and be back about lunchtime. If anyone wants to meet up for a blast let me know.

I always lead our group and hold a decent pace but it’s not a race, I always say to ride at your own pace and just enjoy the day out on some cracker roads with lots of good tarmac and twisty corners.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Sunday doesn't suit me anymore this weekend, volunteering in church all morning.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Ok lads if the weather is decent i’ll be out for a spin early Sunday morning. I usually leave Lurgan about 8.30/9.00 ish and be back about lunchtime. If anyone wants to meet up for a blast let me know.

I always lead our group and hold a decent pace but it’s not a race, I always say to ride at your own pace and just enjoy the day out on some cracker roads with lots of good tarmac and twisty corners.
And your gopro is always pointing at the sky

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I canned it due the 'light showers' forecast on the met office Ni pages and me spending sat taking bits of the bike apart to clean. They where right too.
Hopefully next sat or sun will be better.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Scuba Steve
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 162
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.