Top Gear Returns Tonight - 30th October 2022

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Production of the new series has been halted following Freddie rolling a Morgan trike. The accident happened in December last year.

There is no indication if or when the show will be restarted.

Edit: sorry, double post! Too early in the morning 😇

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Always felt that with Fred there where a bit

‘Aye he’ll be grand…. It’s fred’

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness there has been a bit of recklessness about him in the past, not quite knowing the limits of his talents... I don't know if that was on his own part, or a role he took on for the show.

But there are very few details about what actually happened in December. So probably best to reserve judgement.

Reactions: DC.

billyboker

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus
I have not watched Top gear since Matt LeBlanc left i am not keen on Paddy McGuiness is it any good.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Fairly regular on social media until December 10th, then nothing.

That's not good.

The BBC said: "Under the circumstances, we feel it would be inappropriate to resume making series 34."

That's worse.

Flintoff was?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Yeah was posting daily on his Twitter account.

Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff has been "seriously emotionally and physically affected" by the crash that has caused the BBC to axe its latest series of the popular motoring programme Top Gear, according to a report. The Times says it is unlikely that the 45-year-old presenter will continue in his role as host following the accident as he continues to recover from accident that left him with facial injuries and broken ribs at the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold Aerodrome, Surrey, last December.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is nothing official from any party, just the odd t'interweb rumour. The silence itself says a lot. I guess it will come out in due course but must be serious, whether medically or legally or both.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I think part of it is that the injuries have put Flintoff behind with his other TV show commitments.
He can't go back to filming Top Gear until he has caught up with his other shows.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
He rolled a Morgan 3 wheeler and was wearing an open face helmet. I've no idea what state his face is in but this doesn't sound good.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Given the accidents on top gear over the years, you have to wonder will it be reigned back in, if it ever does resume. Freddie has had a fair few offs afterall.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Easy to forget he struggles with bulimia and depression in the past, might be more the mental side of things. Always comes across as a decent fella hopefully he’s not too bad whatever it is.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It could be legal or contractual disputes, doesn't have to be medical. All the hush hush kind of points more to the former. Or a bit of everything.

But until there is official word it's all speculation.

gary87

RMS Regular
On A League of Their Own one time Fred was doing a challenge that involved Kris Meeke in a Citroen C2 rally car. Meeke was co pilot, told him to keep it nailed over a jump and promptly rolled the C2, writing it off. That was the end of that challenge.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw that too, looks like he had a proper hit on the head. Still scars and bruises after this long. Not good. I'm not surprised it was him it happened to, but not good.

Hope he recovers well 👍

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Saw that too, looks like he had a proper hit on the head. Still scars and bruises after this long. Not good. I'm not surprised it was him it happened to, but not good.

Hope he recovers well 👍
Looks like he's had facial reconstruction.

Very sad for such a cool guy

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
He seamed to have a feck it attitude with very little thought for self preservation or any mechanical sympathy.

As said above, not good that there's cuts and bruises that far into recovery. Also not a good thing that he's been so recluse especially as he has a history of struggling with mental health. Wishing him a speedy recovery

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Looks like a serious amount plastic surgery has been done.

Screenshot_20230910_081533_Chrome.jpg