Top gear

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That was a decent bit of entertainment.

Harris is brilliant as ever. I quite like Flintoff. Paddy is ok too i suppose, once you get past the shouty northerner thing (definitely doesnt actually seem to be an act).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, I think they all really complement each other. But what is it with Freddie and getting his pants off on TV, lord all mighty 😅 🙈🙈🙈

The "test" was obviously a biassed stitch-up! The Volvo was clearly the best car there, so good they had to sabotage it. Twice. And crash it. And it still just soldiered on.

As for the last bit, I was literally in tears 😂 I know exactly what that stuff is like, only the barbarian hordes up north even go near it. And even then nobody in their right mind opens one of those bombs without appropriate protection, lol 😅 You open them outside, in a plastic bag, ideally under water 😅 The tiniest drop anywhere and you'll never get rid of the stench. Ever! 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
What an opening episode! Laughed from start to finish, so much so I couldn’t even see my TV by the end of the show for the tears of laughter!

The Volvo was the winner for me. Most attractive looking out of the three in my opinion.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
To be fair to them, they put on a good show there it was very funny 😁 poor Volvo haha

what have we learned? Well flintoff is a terrible driver and the only one who can actually drive is Harris 😂

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Properly funny. Deffo preferred the Volvo myself out of the 3 they tested and that Ferrari Harris threw round was absolutely class!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
am I the only one that finds it a sad caricature of the clarkson days?
& I like all 3 of the presenters.!
it's just a fake, staged & by the numbers copy of the original.
ff to the supercar test & ignore the rest!
& yes I'm a grumpy auld bastid!
get what you mean, wife was sitting watching with me and commented how they all look very premed and polished, make-up on etc etc and that she missed the old 'what ya see is what ya get' look of Clarkson and co... noticed old Harris had dropped some timber too lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They are obviously investing a lot in it with moving it to BBC1, I would expect them to be polishing it to some extent from what it was on BBC2.

I did enjoy the last series and this looks to be shaping up well, but for me it will always be second best to the best of the Clarkson, Hammond and May days.

warren

RMS Photographer
I really enjoyed it, I must say I cant say Id have found it any more amusing than if if the original crew had done it. I think I almost prefer it to the Grand Tour from an entertainment perspective. Then all my serious car stuff I get from various people on youtube usually!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
First episode of Top Gear I've watched since the very first episode after Clarkson and co left. I think it had Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc? Anyway, it was terrible but this episode was great. Some of the humour seems forced, but it wasn't at all bad!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3

Didn't top gear do the living in a car bit before? where May and Hammond had to spend 24 hrs in a Smart

KevM

RMS Regular

You are forgetting just how annoying, cringe-worthy, scripted and forced, everything Hammond said or did ever. Even Flintoff is a better driver than Richard Hammond

scub

Banned
You are forgetting just how annoying, cringe-worthy, scripted and forced, everything Hammond said or did ever. Even Flintoff is a better driver than Richard Hammond
oh I totally agree re the hamster haha.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Hammond crashed a 1800bhp Rimmac and a dragster.

Fred crashed a volvo and a hearse. I'd say hammond wins.😂

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Enjoyed that latest episode more than I thought, so have started watching it from the start of Season 26.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Much better episode than last week, really enjoyed that. Seriously intense at the end!

My favourite WAS the Diablo. That car was my first car love. .. If that Focus is going cheap though I'll take it lol

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Much better episode than last week, really enjoyed that. Seriously intense at the end!

My favourite WAS the Diablo. That car was my first car love. .. If that Focus is going cheap though I'll take it lol

Your first line is EXACTLY what was in my head to post. Spooky.