Top gear

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I havent watched any of the new series, just read what others have posted in here - but didnt Top Gear do a tribute to Colin McCrea a few years back with Hammond, Clarkson & May? Are they just regurgiating old stuff/ footage that theyve used before? Or maybe im completely wrong?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
One of my favourite videos. Pity he went on to bin it a stage or two later when he was on for a second world crown.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I tried to keep up with the pace notes and kept getting lost, lol 😅

The focus and concentration needed for a stage like that is just immense, I have no idea how they do it.

Reactions: DC.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I know they were stressing that Harris the only person to have driven the Impreza, but I’m nearly sure they let Chris ahoy have a run in it a few years back?

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
It was neither of above mc raes cars hoy drove it was n555 bat Ryan champions car . Proper ex works though .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep. He does come across as a bit weird at first, lol, but very easy to warm to. His love for Porsches is a bit worrying though :innocent: 😅

KevM

RMS Regular
A lot of things had to go his way for him to be champion that year, he was very lucky.

That is 100% true, but to be fair, id rather watch a rally driver going balls-out, than some 'yes-man' following team orders and driving at 90%, to bring the car home safe every single time.

This aint F1 lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
We all know we loved him for his all out approach and the entertainment it brought. We all loved him for who he was.

We all also know it was a flawed tactic for winning championships, lol. For that you need to be a ruthlessly efficient precision machine, like the Sebastians or Carlos.

But he did win our hearts, and with that he sold cars for Subaru, he sold rally games, and all the rest of it.

And we loved him for it.

Michael44

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancia
One of my favourite videos. Pity he went on to bin it a stage or two later when he was on for a second world crown.
I was spectating on the stage you mention above (Rhondda) and saw the crash in the distance. About 30 minutes later I got this photo of the 2 boys walking up the stage.
1a.jpg

Manover50

RMS Regular
Drives
JaguarXFR-S
I remember seeing his dad Jimmy in the Ormeau park back in the late 70s during the proper Circuit of Ireland before it became a joke event. ... That was a spectators event that the entire family could watch and then meet the drivers.

Top gear did themselves proud this season.
Also they are nut cases.... Dropping Flintoff on a car bungie freaked me out... Mad b for sure, man must have no nerves or needs massive adrenaline rushes to feel alive.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
This onboard of McRae leaves me speechless every time I see it

I love watching that stage, I was at the 5 right over crest at 5m15- 5m 20 . he was considerably visibly quicker than any of the others, theres a forestery gatepost that you can just make out wrapped in red an white tape, the others especially the Peugeots from memory slowed quite lot compared to colin, it was mighty to see first hand, man we were disappointed getting to service later on that morning, the whole trip was kind of geared to watching mcrae.

Zach57

RMS Regular
Cant wait now till its back on our screens , some good episodes going by there chat lol
The Cat N cars already sounds good, Chris’ said on his Instagram that they’re back filming next month 😆