Toyota Vellfire 3.5 V6 G Edition Business Class

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I'm wondering how easy it would be to remove the rear seats completely and stick a good sized dog crate in ^o). Looks a class yoke and something different from the usual suspects

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I'm wondering how easy it would be to remove the rear seats completely and stick a good sized dog crate in ^o). Looks a class yoke and something different from the usual suspects

About 15 mins removes the rear seats. Loads are being converted to campers with pop tops etc too.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Any chance you could give me a lift?
Not sure where I'm going yet..
And I want to sit in the middle row on my own, you can stay in the front!

Looks great!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Would love one of these as a family wagon, but doing too many miles to have a petrol bus.

On a side note, the HiAce seems to be going well around Rathfriland, spotted itba few times now.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Love it Craig.

2GRFE?

That's the reason I still run my Lexus RX350, fantastic engine. Bit of a bitch to work at though!

Yeah that’s the one. Don’t fancy doing the rear spark plugs any time soon!

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Yeah, I've had the pleasure of replacing one of the rear coilpacks on mine, had to get a real mechanic to replace the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor recently too. Utter, utter cluster lol. Such a smooth engine though.

Just looked through my pile of old JDM brochures couldn't find any Vellfire ones to throw you but I'll keep an eye out.

Health to enjoy!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah, I've had the pleasure of replacing one of the rear coilpacks on mine, had to get a real mechanic to replace the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor recently too. Utter, utter cluster lol. Such a smooth engine though.

Just looked through my pile of old JDM brochures couldn't find any Vellfire ones to throw you but I'll keep an eye out.

Health to enjoy!

I am a bit concerned that I’ll not find anyone to work on it if I get stuck. There’s even less working space than you would have too!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
First tow. Did well, though the brakes are not great as is never mind adding the trailer, so will get that sorted over the next few weeks.

Otherwise a good comfy tow rig that I’ll happily take the length and breadth of the country if the fancy takes me.

IMG_8998.jpeg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Into the healing / carnage booth with it. Common fault on them. It wasn't clunking nor even mentioned on the MOT but these bushes can turn into a disaster with a few winter seasons in them so decided to just go ahead and replace them

Old bush

IMG_9161.jpeg

Lines, cables and springs out

IMG_9166.jpeg

Drop the axle

IMG_9167.jpeg

Pull old bush out

IMG_9170.jpeg

IMG_9175.jpeg

IMG_9177.jpeg

And new bush in.

IMG_9180.jpeg

Also replaced discs and pads and bled the brakes with probably the worst brake bleeder I've ever used due to the stupid jap reservoir cap. Brakes feel absolutely fine but I'd rather flush a bit through so will get that sorted in a day or two.

Then went full tart mode and slipped a set of spacers on. Much better.

IMG_9183.jpeg

Left it in the bay and decided to take the GTI home, which seems to be blowing from the exhaust, again.... it never ends...

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I slipped spacers on mine on rear also wee 5mm ones just but made difference.

Did 5mm front and 20mm rear. Definitely helped it. Hopefully doesn't end up covering the sides of it in skite

quimbasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Alphard /EP3
lovely Vellfire! Iv read people say a specific puller is needed to replace the axle bushes, was it an awkward job to do? wheels can look a bit lost without the spacers. 20mm rear and 15mm front still sit within the body quite nicely.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah needs the Toyota puller there’s no way any other puller would work unless you pulled the axle out altogether and man handled it into a press.

There’s a hole in the axle that you could in theory use to punch the outside of the bush in then use fire / hack saw to remove it. Not sure I fancied that. Also heard mechanics taking 6 hours to do it. For me it was 3hrs start to finish so not too bad. No corrosion on any fittings definitely helped there though.

I might have mushroomed the end of the puller, need to check when I get back to the workshop tomorrow. Otherwise I’ll sell it on so it won’t have cost me much. They were proper tight, had to use a 3ft breaker bar on the end of the tool to remove them!

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Yeah needs the Toyota puller there’s no way any other puller would work unless you pulled the axle out altogether and man handled it into a press.

There’s a hole in the axle that you could in theory use to punch the outside of the bush in then use fire / hack saw to remove it. Not sure I fancied that. Also heard mechanics taking 6 hours to do it. For me it was 3hrs start to finish so not too bad. No corrosion on any fittings definitely helped there though.

I might have mushroomed the end of the puller, need to check when I get back to the workshop tomorrow. Otherwise I’ll sell it on so it won’t have cost me much. They were proper tight, had to use a 3ft breaker bar on the end of the tool to remove them!
Talk to me about this puller lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Ats us nai. Steering damper bush replaced. The difference it has made to the clunking and wobbling at low speed is astounding. Bit of a stripping match to replace this wee bush though.

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9210.jpeg

Next up was to tighten the front end up.

IMG_9212.jpeg

IMG_9216.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

IMG_9214.jpeg

Bled brakes with a proper tool and they’re far better now.

Quick clean.

IMG_9237.jpeg

IMG_9236.jpeg

Drives like a completely different vehicle now. Can’t believe what a couple of small and cheap parts can do.