Trackskills May Date is This Sunday 15th!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
I know everybody raves about the MX5 and rightly so, but you can't beat the MR2.
I only realised from driving a couple of fwd cars on track how well balanced the MR2 actually is, and how much you are in charge of your own destiny with rwd (and Japanese reliability to boot) :laughing:
I think a celica is a great choice. Hope to see you there sometime.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Aye after recently jumping into a golf I realised that, 25 years off difference but the driver involvement was unreal in a mr2, you could really put a n/a into a corner and it was predicable find with the fwd golf it felt boaty numb steering but I think that could be the electric steering.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There was a 106 there, but it was not one as anyone would know it, lol :grinning:

Proper rally car (y)

Never went out due to some problem or other.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
@
StephenDc2 fast lapping , wish i could of been there to get a run out against you , what times were you doing .

Would have been good to see you there in the M3 bud... I don't think I can make it to the June date but I'm going to book Mondello in July for the Octane day

I only had the Harry's lap timer working for that session and the last lap was the only one without getting held up and managed a 63.8sec lap. I did a 64 on the 3rd last lap with a hold up with the silver MX5 at the hairpin so could have been quicker on that lap, averaged 92mph on the same lap

I made a few changes recently and now very happy with the way the car is handling. I was on borrowed suspension on Sunday and have a new setup on its way

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Shame about Desmo's new toy, hope he got a run out in something after going all that way (y)

Cheers svensktoppen, that's 2 toys that need fixing now☹️.
Got a run out in John & Mike's MR2 and managed to spin it into the pit lane backwards....no sense half doing things I always say.
MASSIVE THANKS to Leslie for driving up especially all the way from Banbridge with some parts that he pulled offa his Clio to help me out.
Fingers X'ed all will be sorted for June.

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Forgot to say ... thanks to John and Mike for also for letting get behind the wheel of their toyboata on the day.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Delighted to do it @DesmoBen especially as I tortured your Clio previously ;) just one minor change, it's Mike and john's MR2 :laughing:

Reactions: V8

Les Graham

RMS Regular
20160521_092134.jpg
20160521_092142.jpg
20160521_092155.jpg

Todays project, turn this into this...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.