Trackskills Track Day Sunday 20th September.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RoniN

RMS Regular
sun.jpg

According to BBC weather.

Cheers

RoniN

RMS Regular
Probably be fine, maybe a few showers, when do they ever get the weather forecast right lol
All going today have fun and a safe day.

Cheers

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
At Kirkistown you never know until you get there. It could be raining all around, but the circuit still dry. Or rain one end of the track and dry the other :grinning:

The airfield was located there precisely because weather tends to pass either side.

Does look like a good chance of rain in the afternoon today though...

Won't mind if it's wet , although not all day , sure it's only a matter of flickin on the wipers , don't you agree @evo98 and @svensktoppen ? it's not like am goin to get a soaking:cool:

Just wrap up and keep on driving and it is fine - in the Lotus you only get wet when you stop, lol :p :innocent:

AC

RMS Regular
What time does it go on to? Hoping to get down around 2 for a look

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Started raining about 15.30. I was waiting for it to quit so i could get a run out in the wet but decided it was too risky!

Atom is some tool on track. First run out was quicker than i ever done in the E30. Love it :grinning:

Just about to leave here now. Steve will hopefully get a couple of onboard videos up :grinning:

AC

RMS Regular
First time down spectating, looked like mighty fun on the track! I'd be tempted to take the civic down some day.

@evo98 , nice subtle charger note coming off the atom on the back straight. Lucky there were no animals near by or you might have sucked a few in.

The turbo'd White EP sounded great! Nice note from @AndyG DC5 too.

sw20ag

RMS Regular
Was really looking forward to seeing the Atom, AE86 and GT86s today but on my second lap the exhaust started creating some early Halloween special effects in plumes of white smoke :worried:

Looking forward to seeing some pics and videos when they're up, hope everyone had a good day even with the rain!

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Had a great day myself, car ran flawlessly. Was some tasty machinery there today. The rain brought my day to an end early no grip from the toyo t1rs. Thinks r888s or on the cards for next time hopefully

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Had to top up on fuel myself at lunch andy. Raging the rain came was really enjoying today. Never came across you on track but your dc5 does boogie

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
Alfa 4c is very sexy did anyone know what happened it,seen some mud and grass on the lower part of the rear bumper

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Glad everyone had a good day. Sounds like you boys got a lot of dry running in the end, no rain in Belfast either until after 4pm. Always more fun in the dry :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had to top up on fuel myself at lunch andy.

I always do this, feed and water the car at lunch break :grinning: Kirkubbin or Portavogie are handy as long as you do not need fancy Super. Saves lugging jerry cans.

Was it your first time?

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
First time out for me and the dc5, brilliant fun! Car performed really well other than using a lot more fuel than I thought it so has to give up my break to go for more fuel..

Hopefully get onto the next one if I can get off work!

That's one nice Dc5 mate an goes very well :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When then rain came i had no grip at all. Usually flat at debtors had to ease of a bit. Few wee scary moments. Everythings a learning curve

Track gets very slippery when wet. All the rubber on the racing line makes it like glass when the rain comes. There can be quite a lot more grip off the racing line instead. At Kirkistown, earlier turn in and stay tighter in most corners when it is wet, as most racing lines tend to be quite wide there. And stay off the paint!

Debtors is scary enough in the dry, lol :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Alfa 4c is very sexy did anyone know what happened it,seen some mud and grass on the lower part of the rear bumper

I just seen the yellow astra went off at the chicane and the ambulance went down,think everyone was ok thou. That's when I decided enough was enough.

@JamieG95 that picture is class mate, thanks :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.