Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Maybe a honda thing cause I've used nearly a full set of rear pads every track day, upgraded to rear obd pads and it made no difference so going back to using blue prints on the rear, £20 a go rather than £80!

MarkM

RMS Regular
Maybe a honda thing cause I've used nearly a full set of rear pads every track day, upgraded to rear obd pads and it made no difference so going back to using blue prints on the rear, £20 a go rather than £80!

Lol I'm still on the 1st set of rear pads and rear tyres on the Clio after three years going to Kirkistown! Fronts last 2-4 track days depending on how many sessions are done :grinning:

Last edited:

StephenDc2

RMS Regular

I have had the same set of DS2500's on the rear of the Integra since way last year Andy, they hardly wear at all. A better set of front pads should take the stress off the rears. Unless there is something wrong with your bias valve or your driving around with your handbrake on which I'm sure your not.. you shouldn't be going through rear pads that fast... are the rear discs plain or grooved?

I use Performance Friction race pads on the front and they have been the best pad so far... with the DS2500's on the front I got a lot of pad build up on the disc weather they were plain or grooved which caused a lot of juddering on the brakes. I haven't had the same problem since changing to PFC

AndyG

RMS Regular
I have had the same set of DS2500's on the rear of the Integra since way last year Andy, they hardly wear at all. A better set of front pads should take the stress off the rears. Unless there is something wrong with your bias valve or your driving around with your handbrake on which I'm sure your not.. you shouldn't be going through rear pads that fast... are the rear discs plain or grooved?

I use Performance Friction race pads on the front and they have been the best pad so far... with the DS2500's on the front I got a lot of pad build up on the disc weather they were plain or grooved which caused a lot of juddering on the brakes. I haven't had the same problem since changing to PFC
Had a look last night and the pbs pads have actually stood up better than I thought, probably worn aroun 1/3 on the rears just so really not that bad. That was 5 full sessions so I'm happy enough with the wear.

Could probably do with getting colder air to the rears also as they're just plain solid discs. Tyres and brakes are next on my list to upgrade but they've never really let me down

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Had a look last night and the pbs pads have actually stood up better than I thought, probably worn aroun 1/3 on the rears just so really not that bad. That was 5 full sessions so I'm happy enough with the wear.

Could probably do with getting colder air to the rears also as they're just plain solid discs. Tyres and brakes are next on my list to upgrade but they've never really let me down

Not bad at all then, I would stick with the rear pads your using unless you can get an equal pad at a cheaper price. Plain discs will also work fine on the rear, grooved face discs tend to eat pads in my experience

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Not bad at all then, I would stick with the rear pads your using unless you can get an equal pad at a cheaper price. Plain discs will also work fine on the rear, grooved face discs tend to eat pads in my experience
Yip my ds2500 are near done after 2 trackdays

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Hoping to make it this time myself , you'll enjoy it plenty of type r's there usually !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.