Updated pics of the DC5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Red_Zetec

RMS Regular
Drives
2006 Skoda Fabia
Thats on class looking DC5! Didn't really like them at the start compared to the DC2 but this one definatly changes my thoughts! Is that yellow thingy an engine brace? Seen in a pic earlier and Porters old 200sx had one. Maybe a stupid question but what do they do and do they make a difference?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Uhhh UUURRGGHHH UURRRGHHHHH...... Someone pass me the tissues please!!!!!!!

Ally i want ur babies m8 :p

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
ally ally ally.... please please please can i have it lol.. how does hourly installments sound lol..

Such a motor.. i love it...

aaahhhh

Dee

ally_mac

RMS Regular
OP
ally_mac
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Cheers for all the comments people, didnt think it would be to everyones taste, but so far so good. Well thats the outside totally finished, next is the engine (hopefully)

Lyons said:
Alas, my only question; are those 35 section tyres?

Yes mate, they are 215/35 tyres, why?

jdm said:
that is just stunning really really like that

whats insurance like??

she is group 20 mate so not the cheapest in the world to insure

Red_Zetec said:
Thats on class looking DC5! Didn't really like them at the start compared to the DC2 but this one definatly changes my thoughts! Is that yellow thingy an engine brace? Seen in a pic earlier and Porters old 200sx had one. Maybe a stupid question but what do they do and do they make a difference?

Are you talking about the goldy coloured damper in the 2nd last picture. If so its a Engine Torque Damper, basically in the DC5 and EP3 they have a serious problem with wheel hop. When you take off, sometimes the wheels loose grip and start bounching, this causes the engine to valiantly shake back and forward, which also shakes the life outta the exhaust. The damper basically stops the engine from doing this and in some chances give u move grip as it stops the wheels hoping. Also without this i would be going through a manifold every week. At the start before i put this on, i cracked the 1st manfold after 7days and the 2nd after 14days, because of the damper, im still on the 3rd manifold after 6months

linty264

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica GT
I wanna have this cars babies :oops: . 1 of the nicest cars around. Love the wheels and pink nuts ;)

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
ally_mac said:
Cheers for all the comments people, didnt think it would be to everyones taste, but so far so good. Well thats the outside totally finished, next is the engine (hopefully)

Yes mate, they are 215/35 tyres, why?

she is group 20 mate so not the cheapest in the world to insure

Are you talking about the goldy coloured damper in the 2nd last picture. If so its a Engine Torque Damper, basically in the DC5 and EP3 they have a serious problem with wheel hop. When you take off, sometimes the wheels loose grip and start bounching, this causes the engine to valiantly shake back and forward, which also shakes the life outta the exhaust. The damper basically stops the engine from doing this and in some chances give u move grip as it stops the wheels hoping. Also without this i would be going through a manifold every week. At the start before i put this on, i cracked the 1st manfold after 7days and the 2nd after 14days, because of the damper, im still on the 3rd manifold after 6months

And didnt i tell you you'd sort that problem with the j's racing dampner :p
It was a godsend for the TTR too!

Cars looking superb ally, Buddy clubs were a nice choice!
looking to change the wheels on the civic soon too as he chose nismo replica's for the eclipse, i think i want work emotions, but he doesnt think they have the woah factor the rota's have! but the chrome finish is crap and peeling so they have to go!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
lovely ally, no more needed outside imo, the wheel nuts are a really nice touch

Red_Zetec

RMS Regular
Drives
2006 Skoda Fabia
Cheers for the explaination Ally_Mac! Sounds like a worth while investment, breaking manifolds sounds like a very expensive habit!

rsnutter

R
That is one nice motor (y)

As keith says, it would be nice to see a 'properly' tuned vtec floating about :laughing:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
stunning lookin ally. havnt seen her with the wheels on yet but hopefully will soon. red nuts go well with the brembos too. helps break her up. such a perfect car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.