VW MK6 Golf GTI DSG - Candy White

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
Thanks all for the great comments.

Can anyone recommend a good MK6 GTI forum? Would rather take some recommendations before wasting time joining a few and sifting through them.

Cheers!

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mk5 forum is good, but always found it funny how they have a mk7 section and not mk6.

Golfgtiuk forum has a mk6 section too. Pretty quiet, but plenty of info on the common problems / mods.

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
Anyone have experience of Revo's air intake system for these? Thinking of treating myself to a late Christmas present.

Contemplated exhaust system but for what I would want (Milltek) I can't justify the price considering how little miles I do. Plus if I do go down the Stage 1 route with Revo down the line, this intake may be more beneficial. Welcome any input from @Graham on this also :grinning:

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I've built 2 customers cars to stage 2+ both of which were fitted with Revo intakes, street and coated versions. They are a very well made setup and aesthically pleasing being there isn't a mass of joints throughout the bay. I can't remember the exact air mass gains had on both cars, but the main thing was it worked!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
As Paul said above, they are one of the best quality units out there and once installed are solid and looklike they came from the factory with it.

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner bought, and Revo intake ordered... Updates and pics to follow!

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
Got the PMG treatment, freshened up with Pete's protection detail.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dad's Porsche Boxter S went in the very next day for the same. To our knowledge, the only Carrera White Boxter S in the country - according to Porsche Centre Belfast.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pictures speak for themselves, thanks to @big_pete.

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
Thanks all for the nice comments!

The Monza's are great, but in diamond cut finish unfortunately they don't last, partly due to our weather. And they're a costly refub £480 a set at Nu Luk. So I had them done in shadow chrome which is like gun metal silvery grey - will get a picture up when she gets bathed this weekend. Still looks great./QUOTE]

having a bit of an issue with mine atm did nu luk do the shadow chrome for you?

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
No big updates.

Would welcome people's opinion on the BBS CH's now I have better photos. These sit on a wheel stand in my garage all under cover so I thought I'd swap them on to see what they looked like, 8mm H&R spacers on the rear.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I seen this the other day, I cant remember where though, it was the plate that caught my eye. Tidy motor!

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
A bollocks to maintain in our weather and on our roads @Lyons. I have them done in shadow chrome as per previous pictures.

Might sell these CH's at some stage, they're literally as new, seen ridiculously few miles. I think I like them on the GTI because they're a bit wider than the Monza's and fill out the arches more. Nothing spacers won't help with for the Monza's I suppose!