WANTED: Estate Car | Jeep

Walder

RMS Regular
From experience I had an e91 touring it was fine managed both ours in it 3 and 1.

But it wasn't great for space after they got in.

I changed there at the end of September to a superb estate love the room.

Personal preference I prefer the bigger wagon. If you are hell bent on a bmw probably a 5 series but you need to get the seat into the car plus the pram and see were you are

Tommy_c

RMS Regular
Drives
mondeo st tdci
2011 seat exeo 89k 2.0tdi 120bhp (£30 tax) Full mot £4K

Attachments

• DC417CAC-5807-405C-9F61-3362EBCF77D8.jpeg
    DC417CAC-5807-405C-9F61-3362EBCF77D8.jpeg
    576.9 KB · Views: 50

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
2011 seat exeo 89k 2.0tdi 120bhp (£30 tax) Full mot £4K
Cheers, but after an estate!

To be honest , size isn't overly an issue. Everything fits into the wife's Mini with ease, so there's more than plenty of room in my saloon Passat.

Just fancy an estate this time around.

If i can't find anything suitable i could end up selling the M3 and buying a newish X5! :joy:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

To be honest , size isn't overly an issue. Everything fits into the wife's Mini with ease, so there's more than plenty of room in my saloon Passat.

If i can't find anything suitable i could end up selling the M3 and buying a newish X5! :joy:
A nice VRS octavia would be the ticket.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

I would say you’ll hate it coming from an M3. I’m glad I didn’t get another jeep to be honest. The novelty soon wears off.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I would say you’ll hate it coming from an M3. I’m glad I didn’t get another jeep to be honest. The novelty soon wears off.
You may be right! Ive never owned a jeep before, so can’t comment. I do like the idea of one but as you say, the novelty may ware off quickly.

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I may just invest in something along the lines of this. Our dog isn’t big so it would have plenty of room.

B83EE332-8A25-47CB-9A3C-21891F476301.jpeg

So... the criteria broadens:
  • 2012 or newer
  • Diesel
  • 2 litre or greater
  • Less than 130k miles
  • Saloon, estate or jeep
  • Any colour apart from black
  • Preferably a nicer trim level (i.e M Sport, S Line, VRS, AMG, etc)
  • Approx £5k

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I may just invest in something along the lines of this. Our dog isn’t big so it would have plenty of room.

View attachment 298682

So... the criteria broadens:
  • 2012 or newer
  • Diesel
  • 2 litre or greater
  • Less than 130k miles
  • Saloon, estate or jeep
  • Any colour apart from black
  • Preferably a nicer trim level (i.e M Sport, S Line, VRS, AMG, etc)
  • Approx £5k
I'd also consider spending a few quid and getting a DT Box for the boot. They're a great job and come in a size to suit most cars.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Vrs would be ticket
I’ve had imprezas,m3s, an evo plenty of performance vw, Touareg,x5 and shogun but once I got rrs I’d struggle to get back in car
I’ve toyed with it and had rrs sold but changed my mind as I know I’d miss comfort etc

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Vrs would be ticket
I’ve had imprezas,m3s, an evo plenty of performance vw, Touareg,x5 and shogun but once I got rrs I’d struggle to get back in car
I’ve toyed with it and had rrs sold but changed my mind as I know I’d miss comfort etc

This is it. You take it for what it is and it ticks a different set of boxes. Going from a M3 to a TDI estate is going to be filled with disappointment as well but you take that for what it is too.

I've found 400bhp and PDCC gets round the usual jeep foibles. Wee bit thirsty though..

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
BUMP.

Got the wife sorted with a replacement for her Mini, so i'm not back looking at a replacement for my Passat.

Something along the lines of:
  • 3 or 5 Series (Saloon or Touring)
  • A4 or A6 (Saloon or Avant)
  • MK6 Golf GTD
  • Newer Passat
  • Jaguar XF
  • Octavia VRS
  • R Line Tiguan
  • X3 or X5
  • Leon FR

Must be 5 door and would prefer an estate. No blacks and no more than approx. 130k miles.

TIA!

Deleted member 13907

D
BUMP.

Got the wife sorted with a replacement for her Mini, so i'm not back looking at a replacement for my Passat.

Something along the lines of:
  • 3 or 5 Series (Saloon or Touring)
  • A4 or A6 (Saloon or Avant)
  • MK6 Golf GTD
  • Newer Passat
  • Jaguar XF
  • Octavia VRS
  • R Line Tiguan
  • X3 or X5
  • Leon FR

Must be 5 door and would prefer an estate. No blacks and no more than approx. 130k miles.

TIA!
Is your budget still £5k?

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3