Wanted: M3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I wouldnt pay real big money for a e36 when the e46 are starting at 9k

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
line a few up.

Like the rest of us do :confounded:

Indeed, it's not exactly a hassle...I went to Nottingham a couple of weeks ago to bring a car back...6 hours driving, but I enjoyed it.

I can't understand how it can take so long to sort out a car, the country is full of good used cars for sale.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I know people who religiously only buy cars in england.

They actually think its less hassle

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If theres so many in this country that arent for sale use your head and go to england ... You need to sort it out yourself no point asking on here if your going to dismiss every single suggestion ... :confounded:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Aye right enough, seems that every suggestion isn't good enough, why don't you seek out one yourself? Don't see the problem in going to England to look at something if you've got a few half decent pictures of the main weak spots before you go.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Do you think I just post up on here and dont bother my arse looking else where??

This country is full of good used cars lol, iv seen about 15 in the past 2-3 months every single one a bag of ****e

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Its pretty simple tho if your scared of getting a dog when you get there pay a bit extra and get an inspection done on it then youll know ... i got one done on my 200 by the AA and then when it came back i knew it was a good one ...

Or even get the seller to take pics of each angle you want with todays paper in the shot all arches etc ... i reckon if he wants a sale he'll go out of his way to do it.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
chris in all honesty i 100% see where ur coming from, but pictures are absolutly no use untill you see the car in person. If you see the quality of m3's knocking about this country (lower mileage more expensive ones) you will see they are utter ****e, but still looking good money for them.

Now imagine you had 1 day to go to england to see a car, which takes a fair bit of organisation to say the least and it turns out to be a bucket, your left with a very expensive plane ticket home, (x2) and an entire day wasted. Taxi's etc

M3's are getting long in the tooth and do not age well. there are a handful of real crackers in this country that people wont sell. But as for my reasons mentioned above it is not worth the risk going to england for one.

I have asked people on several occasions , is there any rust on the back arch, they said no. Yet you turn up, the outer arch fine, but the inner arch scapped away to nothing. Just as expensive to fix. But then again I dont want to be sending a car to the bodyshop, i just want to drive it no hassle!!

I am not doing this post out of lazyness but I am not prepared to go to the main land for a 10yo car that could be a bucket, this post is simply to broaden the audience to people who may have ones for sale, or know of a friend who does. Other than the cars already advertised on the usual channels

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Well to be fair its not me buying one or have any knowledge on them so i can see what your getting at ...

Well im sure one will come up ... maybe if you upped the budget maybe you could go for a newer model M3 and id say there would be more examples of those over here in good condition than the older shape.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
The black one on PH so far looks to be the nicest but its a shame about the rust on arch + miles :worried:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Link??

I say buy that mint convert over here i always loved the look of them lowered with a bit of tlc on the bodywork ...

wee balls for example ...

i4322.jpg

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
Jas, if you see one in Central Scotland that you fancy, let me know and a couple of us from the BMWCC in Scotland can go and have a look. I can even extend the offer to whole of Scotland, I'm sure someone in each corner of Scotland would be more than happy to go and have a look for you. Bearing in mind I work offshore and not always at home. But I can ask other guys from the Club 'n all.

Scottish Region - BMW Car Club

Just incase.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.