Water filter / de-ioniser

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

neil-c

RMS Regular
I've just seen this for the first time now. I used the filter posted earlier in the thread for the first time over the weekend- the in laws bought one as the water marks on their black and dark blue cars were awful. To be honest I thought it was rubbish. The flow from the hose was greatly restricted and it took ages to rinse the car plus you have all the hassle of changing over the power hose to the filtered hose pipe water. I think I could have used a good drying towel in the same amount of time and get better results.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
i bought one of @j16jrf and love it. I connect one hose from the tap to the filter, then another hose from the filter to the power hose. Works the best and i have zero issues. I was it and afterwards just leave it to dry naturally as it leaves no water marks.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I've just seen this for the first time now. I used the filter posted earlier in the thread for the first time over the weekend- the in laws bought one as the water marks on their black and dark blue cars were awful. To be honest I thought it was rubbish. The flow from the hose was greatly restricted and it took ages to rinse the car plus you have all the hassle of changing over the power hose to the filtered hose pipe water. I think I could have used a good drying towel in the same amount of time and get better results.

Which filter? The Vyair? Did you get the flow arrow going the right way?

McKay

RMS Regular
Looking into getting a Vyair filter & MB115 resin for rinsing off the car when finished washing.
My local "water expert" is telling me I need to be putting my water through a Reverse Osmosis system before I filter it!!
Is this right or is the filter good enough?
Am om my own water supply and have a water softener system fitted due to hard water.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.