What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Up into Oakridge by the looks of it. What did he gain - 3 seconds? The only possible excuse, was a medical emergency in the Nursing home, but even at that, why risk it for all the gain....?
Yep - that's exactly where he went.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Tractor drawing grass over Craigantlet; I have no problem with that, it's the **** wits that sit welded to the trailer and can't overtake because they can't see. 4 car overtake because I sat back and was able to see the road, perfectly straight and perfectly empty. The empty heads are probably still behind it.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Sprucefield roundabout (the mcdonalds one) heading from banbridge towards belfast. I'm in lane 1 at the roundabout, heading for m1, black volvo v40 in lane 2, also for m1, silver polo in lane 3, for lisburn.

Last minute, silver polo decided to dive into lane 2 to go onto the M1. This forces the volvo from lane 2 into lane 1, forcing me to stand on the brakes (and hit the horn.) Guy in volvo waves to apologise, and shakes his head. Girl in polo all over the road, and driving very erratically (swerving, braking then speeding up etc).

Oh, to add some ying to counter that yang, saw what I think was a SWB quattro yesterday on the M1. Will see if I can find it on the dashcam.

Cooks

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The fella in the Defender pickup with canopy that near took the side of the mighty mk4 this morning. He was clearly going to fast round a bend and he clearly forgot he must have left the sports car at home, as the wobbles from his lack of control made me realise it was a miracle he missed me.

KevM

RMS Regular
Sprucefield roundabout (the mcdonalds one) heading from banbridge towards belfast. I'm in lane 1 at the roundabout, heading for m1, black volvo v40 in lane 2, also for m1, silver polo in lane 3, for lisburn.

Last minute, silver polo decided to dive into lane 2 to go onto the M1. This forces the volvo from lane 2 into lane 1, forcing me to stand on the brakes (and hit the horn.) Guy in volvo waves to apologise, and shakes his head. Girl in polo all over the road, and driving very erratically (swerving, braking then speeding up etc).

Oh, to add some ying to counter that yang, saw what I think was a SWB quattro yesterday on the M1. Will see if I can find it on the dashcam.

Cooks

Thats funny, because this morning, Sprucefield, heading exactly the same way, I wondered why the traffic was queued back untypically far. It wasnt, it was a SILVER POLO stopped in lane 3, trying to get across 2 lanes of stationary traffic to turn left....

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
completely and utterly fed up and scared of riding a bike on my own on the road at the minute.

I'd say a good 30/40% of other vehicles just pass like I'm nothing. No need to wait and see if the road is clear. No need to pull out over the white line. blind corner? No problem, sure its just a cyclist on the left. Why wait the extra 30 seconds, when i can always drives my 2 tons of metal and squish a father of 2 kids.

Properly scary. And all so we don't lose a minute of our life stuck behind a slower moving vehicle.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
completely and utterly fed up and scared of riding a bike on my own on the road at the minute.

I'd say a good 30/40% of other vehicles just pass like I'm nothing. No need to wait and see if the road is clear. No need to pull out over the white line. blind corner? No problem, sure its just a cyclist on the left. Why wait the extra 30 seconds, when i can always drives my 2 tons of metal and squish a father of 2 kids.

Properly scary. And all so we don't lose a minute of our life stuck behind a slower moving vehicle.
Then you catch the driver up at lights/junction and it was all for nothing 🤷

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

I had a similar experience on saturday past there on the road out of Newry toward Carlingford. I'm behind a slow moving people carrier thing (not unusual for 40mph to be the typical speed, 60mph is easily possible however) but I'm in no rush myself. There's a long straight bit that goes to a left hand bend to another straight bit before the old border post at narrow water. Up ahead are 2 girls cycling (normal bikes, not racers or anything) and if people carrier had been looking up the road, they would have realised if they increased their pace a bit, they could have overtaken the cyclists since there was no oncoming traffic.

Care to guess what happens next?

People carrier catches up to the cyclist just before the bend, goes for the overtake, passes the cyclists and then cuts in to avoid the car coming round the bend. No forward vision at all.

I had to wait until I could see past the bend before attempting the overtake (the girls were doing less that 10mph) but I was on the dopey c-unit in the people carrier in under a minute.

Thats funny, because this morning, Sprucefield, heading exactly the same way, I wondered why the traffic was queued back untypically far. It wasnt, it was a SILVER POLO stopped in lane 3, trying to get across 2 lanes of stationary traffic to turn left....
I guess it never occurred to them to just go the whole way around the roundabout to go left? 🤷‍♂️

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I had a similar experience on saturday past there on the road out of Newry toward Carlingford. I'm behind a slow moving people carrier thing (not unusual for 40mph to be the typical speed, 60mph is easily possible however) but I'm in no rush myself. There's a long straight bit that goes to a left hand bend to another straight bit before the old border post at narrow water. Up ahead are 2 girls cycling (normal bikes, not racers or anything) and if people carrier had been looking up the road, they would have realised if they increased their pace a bit, they could have overtaken the cyclists since there was no oncoming traffic.

Care to guess what happens next?

People carrier catches up to the cyclist just before the bend, goes for the overtake, passes the cyclists and then cuts in to avoid the car coming round the bend. No forward vision at all.

I had to wait until I could see past the bend before attempting the overtake (the girls were doing less that 10mph) but I was on the dopey c-unit in the people carrier in under a minute.

I guess it never occurred to them to just go the whole way around the roundabout to go left? 🤷‍♂️
Hateful road to cycle on. ***** surface and ignorant sows trying to get to omeath for diesel or carlingford for ice cream in record time

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Hateful road to cycle on. ***** surface and ignorant sows trying to get to omeath for diesel or carlingford for ice cream in record time
It's not that nice to drive on either, the surface is awful for most of it until you get to the border post crossing.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

That’s why I do very little road cycling. It’s just not worth the risk and you are always going to come off worse when up against a vehicle.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
That’s why I do very little road cycling. It’s just not worth the risk and you are always going to come off worse when up against a vehicle.

I've been doing it for years, but literally started getting really fearful over the last 4 weeks or so. It just seems worse than ever. Maybe i'm just imagining it and its a psychological thing with me.

last 2 comments calls for a Banbridge support group 🤣🤣

Just to complete the circle, I live in the development that the car turned into in the banbridge video above :joy:. Don't drive a silver golf though..... It does however look suspiciously like one of the Domino's drivers who comes up around this way.

In which case, that behaviour is perfectly fine. Pizza on Board.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I've been doing it for years, but literally started getting really fearful over the last 4 weeks or so. It just seems worse than ever. Maybe i'm just imagining it and its a psychological thing with me.

Just to complete the circle, I live in the development that the car turned into in the banbridge video above :joy:. Don't drive a silver golf though..... It does however look suspiciously like one of the Domino's drivers who comes up around this way.

ah yes, the tiger striped ****box..........you hear him before you see him

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
The women that feels she has a private parking space....

I know where I’m parking everyday now

Parked there today again, popped out for my lunch and there’s another note on it. Haven’t looked at it yet, think I’ll drive of with it on my window and arrive tomorrow with it still attached so she doesn’t have to go through the hassle again of writing a note for me.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Parked there today again, popped out for my lunch and there’s another note on it. Haven’t looked at it yet, think I’ll drive of with it on my window and arrive tomorrow with it still attached so she doesn’t have to go through the hassle again of writing a note for me.

Until you come out to this. I'd rather have got a piece of paper on my window, than have to paint the side of the car.

20191113_150301.jpg

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
@mayweather How do you know it's a woman leaving these notes, by the way?

it’s clearly a women’s writing, and you need to be a twisted stupid **** with nothing to do to be at this and that narrows it down quite a bit lol

I’m driving a 120 quid rover 75, I can tell you if she keys that car, I’m parking it up and leaving it there for weeks at time.....you know what **** it, the 200 pound Long wheel base transit could make an appearance instead.

I wonder what the stupid **** was thinking as I drove of up the road.

B5A974F5-3A8D-457C-AAB1-2E2C6E959A17.jpeg

I didn’t get to park there yesterday morning, as another car was there and by 9:00am they already had a note placed on their windows. But this morning it was literally the only spot free.....so I guess she’s scaring people, but by doing that, she’s Giving me the perfect parking space right beside my work, bless her soul.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW

So do I! I've seen the car about, so think it actually calls at a house up here. I have the number, so will keep an eye out.

Cooks

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Bit lost - is this outside her house?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
So do I! I've seen the car about, so think it actually calls at a house up here. I have the number, so will keep an eye out.

Cooks

I’ve just put 2 and 2 together... your just up the street from me 🤣. I’ll say hello next time I see you!