What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Next person sat in the outside lane unnecessarily on the M1 is getting rammed off the road.
:laughing:
Was just thinking there, remember a couple of years ago someone I know was on M2 from Antrim, over took a car and could see another car a hundred yards or so ahead that they were clearly going faster than so stayed in outside lane to pass them. Next thing blue lights woop woop behind them. Pulled them in and told them off for not moving in after passing the other car, over taking lane should remain clear etc.

Think an ad campaign on TV to inform people of this and what the national speed limit sign is!

Another one is getting stuck behind someone who sits at 35/40mph on national speedlimit road then when you come to a 30mph zone they carry on through it at the same speed!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
My number1 hate has to be poor lane discipline on roundabouts. Especially the inside lane users that are going straight on, but clip all over the outside lane as they see the straight ahead exit, near taking your wing off if Your going straight ahead in the standard outside lane.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
My number1 hate has to be poor lane discipline on roundabouts. Especially the inside lane users that are going straight on, but clip all over the outside lane as they see the straight ahead exit, near taking your wing off if Your going straight ahead in the standard outside lane.
And then look startled when they see you going straight ahead from outside lane...................as if you are doing something wrong!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy

Heading to drop the daughter off at school yesterday morning and I had a feeling the fella in the left hand lane was going to "straight-line" the roundabout so I touched the brakes and sure enough the buck ejit would have driven straight into the passenger side of us if I hadn't.

I don't know how people can do that, like I was beside him the whole way up the road to said roundabout. He had to have known I was there.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Another one is getting stuck behind someone who sits at 35/40mph on national speedlimit road then when you come to a 30mph zone they carry on through it at the same speed!

This is 90% of cars on the portaferry road, overtake a car doing 40mph then by the time ur through the next town they are on your bumper!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The absolute arsehole “KG11MOO” in his Navara towing his cattle trailer. Driving in outside lane when not making any progress or overtaking anyone, in fact people undertaking. I held full beam several times and he eventually moved over, but that was after he tossed his subway cup out the window!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
The absolute arsehole “KG11MOO” in his Navara towing his cattle trailer. Driving in outside lane when not making any progress or overtaking anyone, in fact people undertaking. I held full beam several times and he eventually moved over, but that was after he tossed his subway cup out the window!

farmers for ya.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Someone turned into the pitstop in bangor and i was coming in behind her, they stopped dead in the entrance and started to reverse back out on to the road clearly not seeing me! Amazes me that folk sat the same driving test that I did....

Prime example of why we all need dash cams these days, absolute idiots on the roads these days

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
And then look startled when they see you going straight ahead from outside lane...................as if you are doing something wrong!
Wonder was it the same one I saw near take the front of a 3series last week on M3

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Is it dual carriageway or single lane roads your talking about. If it’s single lane road your entering the outside lane of a roundabout is right turn only.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Had a stupid bint decide to come to a near complete stop at a continuous lane where it veers left, full horn blast ahoy, which is a rarity for me. Just at the top of the incline at Hollywood exchange where you swing left facing Sainsbury's as if going to IKEA lane.

Also had some other wab decide because they couldn't park in a space close to kerb they'd just throw the front end of their car out fully across the lane as I was approaching. Thankfully had time to dive into other lane just just missing them. Down by the amusements at far end of Newcastle town.

K55

RMS Regular

Then there are the folks that turn right from the left hand lane of a roundabout, going all the way around it without even indicating. Seen a Tesco artic do this at Moira last week.

🤷‍♂️

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Is it dual carriageway or single lane roads your talking about. If it’s single lane road your entering the outside lane of a roundabout is right turn only.

If its a dual carriageway right hand lane shouldn't be used for straight on either unless otherwise marked.

Igxom

RMS Regular
People coming round here and standing on the brakes for a non-existent give-way.

M68HYGv.png

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Then there are the folks that turn right from the left hand lane of a roundabout, going all the way around it without even indicating. Seen a Tesco artic do this at Moira last week.

🤷‍♂️

This drives me mental! Nearly every morning at the Sprucefield park n ride I see idiots doing this. Has nearly resulted in a collision numerous times, they never seem to realise what they've done wrong though 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Someone turned into the pitstop in bangor and i was coming in behind her, they stopped dead in the entrance and started to reverse back out on to the road clearly not seeing me! Amazes me that folk sat the same driving test that I did....
I saw an old dear in a Micra a while back reverse out of a spot and back up down the carpark without seeing the split new c class that was driving out at the time, he started to reverse back as he realised what was happening...............looked like a choreographed scene as they both reversed together :laughing:

Flip to this is people driving up you rear when you're reversing into a spot.............as in when you are clearly reversing, and people either pure ignorant or just not paying attention

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It's been said in here before and I doubt it'll be long before it's said again. But by **** cnuts need taught how to operate their lights 😑

Imagine me driving home from Dublin airport seeing a Ford transit mini bus type thing infront, I'm gaining on it rather briskly and I'm sitting at the posted limit for once 🙈

No rear lights, front I could see as I passed were bright led strips. Yep drls on at 11pm.... The output is too strong for people to tell they have no dipped beams but I can guarantee the reason for them being sat probably 20mph under the limit is due to poor visibility out front.

It's a double edged sword. They're just brought enough to drive with on a clear evening, but certainly not up to quality. Then there's the completely unlit rear end which is barely visible. 😤 ****ing gob****es

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Met someone going the wrong way over the bridge near stranmillis yesterday. Must have taken quite a bit of effort to get to where they were. Even better they gave the guy in front of me abuse for driving on the wrong side of the road :laughing:

colin84

RMS Regular
People coming round here and standing on the brakes for a non-existent give-way.

M68HYGv.png

So many accidents there over the years, people looking left, not realising the idiot in front has come to a stop. I see the same thing all the time in front of the Portside in Duncrue, heading towards Fortwilliam roundabout. A merge into 3 lanes, and people just stop in the road waiting for the traffic from the docks to clear.

colin84

RMS Regular
I see a near miss here almost every day, including today. How I haven't witnessed an accident over the years is amazing.

If I was joining and leaving the roundabout from the green arrows, the lorries enter the roundabout in the red in left lane, then pass right over the M2 off slip, causing vehicles heading for the off slip to slam on the brakes to avoid getting wiped out. It's always lorries that do, I can't understand how a professional driver thinks that they would need to enter the roundabout in the left lane, when their exit is on the right.

Screenshot_20201221-113206_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: K55