What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Maybe manufacturers should just remove the option to turn headlights off, have auto/side/dipped 🤦🏻‍♂️ that way they're drl during the day and you have the choice to have side or dipped in day time or else they are on.
The thing is most cars have annoying noises for not putting your belt on, leaving the handbrake up, leaving the keys in the ignition when the door is open etc, surely they could include a bing-bong for when it drops below a certain light (via a sensor outside the car) when you don't turn your lights on. It can't be that hard to implement in this day and age.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
About 75% of the cars out this morning had either no lights or just side lights on in very thick fog. Some of them were almost invisible until you were on top of them. I really dont understand how people can drive in fog that's reducing visibility so severely and not think to make themselves more visible to others around them.

Then when it clears the remaining 23% dont think to flick their fogs off.

And finally 2% who use the lights like they should.

I've also noticed some cars driving around recently with their wing mirrors folded in or the rear view completely all shapes and unlikely to be useful at all. How do they know what's going on around them?

And one more thing while I'm on a roll... but can no one read buslane signs? Or maybe everyone's confused about what day and time it is?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
There's a gap in the market there, we need Nokia 3210 equivalent of new cars to support the less tech savvy.
My mum has an 08 VW Fox from new, wind up windows, no central locking, nothing other than the basics inside, drives like an 80s VW too!
So basic that it doesn't even have snake 😜

Incidentally I still use a keypad Nokia :laughing:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I was travelling along the motorway yesterday, when a lexus is200 slowly came up alongside, eventually in front of me and subsequently travelled about 7miles together. The drone out of that thing at 70mph was putting my head away. I can only compare the noise to what a wasp would song like through a megaphone. I eventually dropped back as it felt like it was reverberating around my skull. I have no idea how he and any passenger could stand the noise.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The idiot who near ran me off the road on the way home from work today.....

Was infront of me all the way into Portaferry after this too so it got him home circa 2 seconds quicker.

You can even see this change on the road surface as they pull back infront of me. Absolutely idiotic.

Screenshot_20201207_182830_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The idiot who near ran me of the road on the way home from work today.....

Was infront of me all the way into Portaferry after this too so it got him home circa 2 seconds quicker.

How he didn't hit something there is wild. He clearly bottled it after that because he definitely could've done the same maneuver but sightly safer on the next car

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
How he didn't hit something there is wild. He clearly bottled it after that because he definitely could've done the same maneuver but sightly safer on the next car

He did just not safe, probably worse infact... He overtook on a blind crest but that car turned left as he was doing it as there was a junction.... He was darting to the right to overtake for the next few miles but couldnt get past anyone else.

I'll try to download a few more clips of this idiot.

report him / her before he / she kills someone 👍

Need to see if I get the reg clearly... The camera is great on the day but just OK at night.

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Duck heads sitting in the overtaking lane barely passing other cars then hanging back from the car infront to the left with about half a mile of empty lane in the left. Actually couldn't believe I had to flash them at the end of any vehicles in the left lane.

Then as soon as I pass they pull straight back to the overtaking lane 🤯 where does this mentality come from? What's the point when there's nothing infront ffs

Also cnut bags who take up 2/3rds of country lanes refusing to pull over when coming towards you forcing you into the ditch 😤😤😤

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The idiot who near ran me off the road on the way home from work today.....

You can even see this change on the road surface as they pull back infront of me. Absolutely idiotic.

View attachment 304513

Driving down round the Ards peninsula is shocking at best, deadly at worst.

Some dickhead took the wing mirror off my son's girlfriends car the other night with a similar overtaking manoeuvre on the Ballyblack Road east. They were travelling in the opposite direction and didn't stop, so now she left with the bill to replace it herself.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Duck heads sitting in the overtaking lane barely passing other cars then hanging back from the car infront to the left with about half a mile of empty lane in the left. Actually couldn't believe I had to flash them at the end of any vehicles in the left lane.

Then as soon as I pass they pull straight back to the overtaking lane 🤯 where does this mentality come from? What's the point when there's nothing infront ffs
I see that all the time when driving in the south.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
At least they moved when you flashed! I remember being in a mad panic one night years ago and some plank in a Fiesta sitting at 40mph in outside lane of westlink, wouldn't move no matter how many times I flashed, actually slowed a bit if I remember. Led to all sorts of chaos that would have been avoided if I'd have gotten down the road sooner!
It's an a55hole attitude and no matter what speed I'm doing I'll always let someone pass if it looks like they're in a rush, you never know what they've going on!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I see that all the time when driving in the south.

It's a given in the south but this was in the north 😤 if it was a southern reg I'd usually be in the inside lane before getting close and then just sail up the inside of them because they don't move

K'dg

RMS Regular

Also cnut bags who take up 2/3rds of country lanes refusing to pull over when coming towards you forcing you into the ditch 😤😤😤
THIS!!!

Witness similar activity all the time on the commute home up the m2. Chap the other eve just sitting in the overtaking lane at like 60mph with clear inside for ages, eventually awakens and moves inside and I overtake..... I look in the mirror and he's indicated back out into the overtaking lane to just trickle along until the next compliant road user has to deal with his stupidity. WHAT IS GOING THROUGH THESE FOLKS MINDS?!!?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
THIS!!!

Witness similar activity all the time on the commute home up the m2. Chap the other eve just sitting in the overtaking lane at like 60mph with clear inside for ages, eventually awakens and moves inside and I overtake..... I look in the mirror and he's indicated back out into the overtaking lane to just trickle along until the next compliant road user has to deal with his stupidity. WHAT IS GOING THROUGH THESE FOLKS MINDS?!!?
Usually get this heading up the hill section on M2 cars doing 70 then hit the hill section and drop to 60mph but don't move out of outside lane!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I was travelling along the motorway yesterday, when a lexus is200 slowly came up alongside, eventually in front of me and subsequently travelled about 7miles together. The drone out of that thing at 70mph was putting my head away. I can only compare the noise to what a wasp would song like through a megaphone. I eventually dropped back as it felt like it was reverberating around my skull. I have no idea how he and any passenger could stand the noise.

You're assuming these sort of culchy hicks actually have the brain cells to realise how utterly **** it sounds 😂 I used to like IS200's but now I usually cringe when I see them coming.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Not today but yesterday. When your sitting at a junction to turn left and a big stupid 2wd not off roader blocks your view out of the junction and you have to use the force to tell if it’s safe. Seems to happen to me all the time.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Nah just takes a special kinda stupid to think a car sounds that sounds like a vuvuzela sounds cool 😂😂😂

There's a lad in Dromore with a Leon Cupra that literally sounds like someone farting into a trumpet lol 🤦🏻‍♂️ I hear it at 5am every morning, it's horrendous!
But if they think it’ll cause a stir with the local talent they’re not worried!