What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
That stupid roundabout in Bangor after Bloomfields, the one that has the 3 lanes(Gransha), with multiple sets of traffic lights, including on the actual ****ing roundabout.
I've lived in Bangor over 3 years and have managed to avoid it bar once my sat nav took me to it after collecting a parcel at Ashbury, give me sandyknowes anyday.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Can you complain about what you see when out walking here? Out walking the dogs this evening and two fairly big, loud, brightly lit bikes heading down the road, and some knob in a black fiesta with r plates and all windows tinted pulls out in front of them and sits at about 10 mph looking for somewhere to turn

Dan.86

RMS Regular
'Must' and 'Must Not' are not automatically criminal offenses. Criminal offenses lead to criminals records, and I've yet to hear of anyone getting a criminal record for, as an example, parking on yellow lines

There's a huge difference between an offense, and a criminal offense

Rule 238​

You MUST NOT wait or park on yellow lines during the times of operation shown on nearby time plates (or zone entry signs if in a Controlled Parking Zone) – see ‘Traffic signs’ and ‘Road markings’. Double yellow lines indicate a prohibition of waiting at any time even if there are no upright signs. You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings (see ‘Road markings’) when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.
Does this count of you have a Disabled Badge because in Ards anyone with a badge parks on double yellows near the small square carpark. It’s a nightmare getting through High Street

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
30mph country road due to bends and houses, cyclist coming the other way, golf then comes flying round the bend behind him, I’d to stop completely and go as tight into left as I could otherwise she'dhave either hit me or wiped the cyclist out. Blasted the horn but she carried on totally oblivious to the potential carnage she could have caused.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Having been off a motorbike for a while, I’ve forgotten just how invisible we are on the road. Had numerous incidents in the past 5-6 weeks I’ve had her, with people pulling out of junctions only to see me at the last moment and jam on the brakes, causing me to slalom around them as the front half of the car is now blocking the lane. Roundabouts the same, the aggression from people when you filter (quite safely and legally) up past queues of traffic, people in ‘performance’ cars sitting up your hole egging you on.
Never remember as many young ones in the past shouting ‘rev her up’ as I ride by then the abuse when I shake the head no lol. Wee punks.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
peoples understanding of roundabouts is shocking, I was going straight (second left) on one the other day on a single lane road, so was in the left hand lane, girl was ready to pull out in front of me from first turn off then started shouting and mouthing at me for being in that lane to go straight🤦‍♂️

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
peoples understanding of roundabouts is shocking, I was going straight (second left) on one the other day on a single lane road, so was in the left hand lane, girl was ready to pull out in front of me from first turn off then started shouting and mouthing at me for being in that lane to go straight🤦‍♂️

A re-quiz of the highway code every 10 years would do wonders

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
A re-quiz of the highway code every 10 years would do wonders
I'd go as far as saying do a re-test every 5 years. If you're safe and proficient then you get your license for another 5 years. If you're dangerous or incompetent, then you get your license taken off you until you can pass a test.

Had this discussion with work colleagues and other forums. Most people are in favour of it.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I'd go as far as saying do a re-test every 5 years. If you're safe and proficient then you get your license for another 5 years. If you're dangerous or incompetent, then you get your license taken off you until you can pass a test.

Had this discussion with work colleagues and other forums. Most people are in favour of it.
Don't say it too loudly or they'll take it on as a great moneymaking idea :grinning: Logistics of that would be a nightmare and I think resitting a full test that often is serious overkill, not to mention that dangerous drivers would just have to drive safely for a 30min test. It's the ones who don't have a clue about basic road rules that seem to frustrate most people.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Don't say it too loudly or they'll take it on as a great moneymaking idea :grinning: Logistics of that would be a nightmare and I think resitting a full test that often is serious overkill, not to mention that dangerous drivers would just have to drive safely for a 30min test. It's the ones who don't have a clue about basic road rules that seem to frustrate most people.
It shouldn't be a money maker. Only the cost of a lesson. No reason for it to be more. 1 hour every 5 years. It shouldn't be breaking the bank.

Some drivers will still slip thought - driving safely for 30 mins, but even if they have to read the highway code to brush up before they come - then the whole purpose of this idea has worked.

The ones who don't have a clue about basic road rules would be found out fairly quick and failed. This is where taking lessons again to brush up would be good, before resitting your test.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Driving test waiting time is insane at the minute, it's even hard getting some instructors so that's what I mean as the logistics of it would be crazy too. It would turn into a money making scheme like everything else though, a driving test (I know this would be different though as paying for instructors car and insurance) is around £300 now.
I'd say a this applies to a fairly low percentage of drivers who haven't a clue about the rules of the road and would be frustrating for most people.

I totally agree that a frequent brushing up on the Highway code is good for everyone though as there is always something everyone forgets until pointed out to them.

redxl77

RMS Regular
It shouldn't be a money maker. Only the cost of a lesson. No reason for it to be more. 1 hour every 5 years. It shouldn't be breaking the bank.

Some drivers will still slip thought - driving safely for 30 mins, but even if they have to read the highway code to brush up before they come - then the whole purpose of this idea has worked.

The ones who don't have a clue about basic road rules would be found out fairly quick and failed. This is where taking lessons again to brush up would be good, before resitting your test.

After a certain age some people can't be bothered with being examined by a box ticker. What a faff it would be to an adult's daily life if they failed this test for some silly reason and potentially couldn't drive until they passed. Agree though something needs to be done about the amount of shocking drivers.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Used to annoy me a bit but does my head in now. In towns or one way systems people getting into cars, just throwing doors open and nearly taken the front corner of the car out. Or they'll jump into the car with the door fully open and take an age to close it.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
R driver sitting in the overtaking lane at 67mph in his sheite corsa on the a1 towards Banbridge.

Totally oblivious to the queue building up behind him and the lack of any vehicles to his left in the driving lane.....

Should be allowed to blue shell them cnuts

mario kart GIF

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Boydie you must be the highest contributor to this thread :joy: :joy: :joy:

Size of this boyo leaving Ards early this morning. Had obviously come from out the Peninsula so had half of Co. Down stuck behind it and was doing about 15mph ffs!!

Sat in the middle of the dual carriageway for a bit so both lanes were chokka block :joy:

View attachment 362383
They only moved it down the peninsula a few weeks ago iirc

Ashleigh Contracts yard is outside Kircubbin.

And yep they caused absolute traffic chaos a few weeks ago when they brought that to the yard. Luckily I was going the other way but they were at the main entrance to Mountstewart when I passed them and the traffic was solid behind them until the Mountstewart Road well over 1 mile back towards Ards.... This was at 3:30pm on a week day too. Absolute disgrace from them but not uncommon.

Chameleon tinted windscreens.
Absolutely sheeeite looking lol
Possibly the worst "trend" I've seen in car modifying in a long time.

Agreed, though at least they're legal (if done right)
It and tinted numberplates seem to be the inventions we never needed.

These being legal is very much up for debate. They are advertised as legal as they are in themselves only a 15% tint so if put onto clear glass they are fine. Problem is that car glass isn't clear, all of it has a degree of tint from the factory.... Upto 15% depending on the manufacturer. You'd barely notice a 15% tint. So if you put your camellion tint onto a 15% factory tinted screen you're illegal.

Then there's the insurance aspect. How many of these guys do you recon have told their insurance company that they've tinted their windscreen and reduced their visibility esp in low light situations. I'm going with next to none as I can't see any insurance company taking on that extra risk.

Personality I go with temporary, removable tinting of the front screen via sunglasses. Means when it's dark and I don't need the tint it's easily sorted :p old school I know but it works.

Last edited:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I saw a Fiesta ST the other day that did the same. I’m a big fan of an ST, but this sounded ridiculous.
Wasn’t a grey one in banbridge by any chance was it? The clown has just went past me and the noise was unreal. In no way did it sound cool or sporty. No need.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
And nearly forgot... A proper 1st world problem but still bloomin' annoying.

The new stones in the new parking area at the back of the house stick to the tyres on the big Merc, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Means everytime I park the car and then drive off later I pull a load of stones with me which need brushed up.

Doesn't happen the the OHs Qashqai. Only been a few weeks but already getting annoying!!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
And nearly forgot... A proper 1st world problem but still bloomin' annoying.

The new stones in the new parking area at the back of the house stick to the tyres on the big Merc, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. Means everytime I park the car and then drive off later I pull a load of stones with me which need brushed up.

Doesn't happen the the OHs Qashqai. Only been a few weeks but already getting annoying!!
Put a set of snow socks on every time you drive on the stones
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Hill Hall road. Fcking muppet doing 15-20 mph. Braking all the time. No where for me to pass.
🤬🤬

Had exactly this on the way home from Dublin last Wednesday night - braked for every corner and every on coming car. I had the family in the car so I didnt risk any over taking but a 1.0 Yaris decided to be a hero and over take us both. Didnt get him far.

On that note, WAYTWD, I passed a van going slow, braking every corner, etc... made decent distance between him and me for me to then be stuck behind a bloody tractor for the rest of my journey to work. He then caught up :joy:

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Used to annoy me a bit but does my head in now. In towns or one way systems people getting into cars, just throwing doors open and nearly taken the front corner of the car out. Or they'll jump into the car with the door fully open and take an age to close it.

I would love to take the door clean off them some day to teach them a feckin lesson but id only end up out of pocket as a result, even if it was 100% their fault. Its just pure ignorance on their part.