What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
When they don't have a white line they think anything goes.
Happens regularly on the back road near me but every year the frost comes and every year it corrects at least one driver on the road without fail.
Noticing it more and more recently where it’s marked (main or country)! Seems white lines are now optional for a lot of people, even more annoying when it’s not even a big car 🤦‍♂️
If my merc fits comfortably there’s no excuse for 90% of non goods traffic

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Fairly empty carriageway this morning. Still had someone doing 60 in the fast lane in a 70 zone.
6 or 7 cars stuck behind him and an empty slow lane for over a mile. I genuinely do wonder if its a sense of entitlement or just not paying attention?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Fairly empty carriageway this morning. Still had someone doing 60 in the fast lane in a 70 zone.
6 or 7 cars stuck behind him and an empty slow lane for over a mile. I genuinely do wonder if its a sense of entitlement or just not paying attention?

Had someone like this yesterday morning - nothing in front, just me behind. They kindly moved out of the way but the second I was passed them, they were back in the passing lane 🤷‍♂️

Baffled.

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Had someone like this yesterday morning - nothing in front, just me behind. They kindly moved out of the way but the second I was passed them, they were back in the passing lane 🤷‍♂️

Baffled.
I am starting to think more and more that lots of people don't know the rules of a two lane carriageway/motorway. On Tuesday I sat behind a people carrier for a minute or two, flashed the lights and all... then two guys undertook both me and him, so i followed suit. People carrier just carried on in the fast lane.

I don't know which would make me more cross - if he knew he was in the wrong and did it anyway... or if he didnt know and genuinely hasn't a notion of the rules of the road

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I would do the same if they do not react to flashes or take notice of others undertaking - I do look back to see what the idiot looks like and 9/10 they are completely oblivious and continue to looks straight ahead with a slight tilt in a gormless stare into the horizon contemplating their failings in life

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
I would do the same if they do not react to flashes or take notice of others undertaking - I do look back to see what the idiot looks like and 9/10 they are completely oblivious and continue to looks straight ahead with a slight tilt in a gormless stare into the horizon contemplating their failings in life
Couldnt have worded it better myself :joy::joy::joy:

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Usually the rear views looking at the roof and the side mirrors are pointing to the ground.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I just undertake them now. Can't be arsed with them not moving out the way. Im mindful that they might pull back in though.

Wish we had the ole govt safety films. Its an overtaking lane, not a fast lane for you 0.9L or less sh1tbox that does 0-60 in two mins ffs!!!

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
This but on the Magherafelt bypass today (you can only overtake on small sections of it). Doing 40 MPH on a long straight stretch of road with 7 or 8 cars behind them 🤬

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Convinced any new cars moving forward should have the fifth gear removed most people today must forget they have it.

Few that you then go to pass doing 40mph suddenly think they are dom toretto ffs.

Love the dip**** tractor drivers too had two coming along with all the plough lights flood lights and belt line lights on plus the usual. Do I want to see the road nah mate I'll be grand, ya **** 🤬 rant over..

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The absolute blind **** in the audi estate.
Two rear fog lights on. Flashed him, nothing flashed again, nothing once more you guessed it. Nothing. Completely oblivious to having them on blinding every car behind him. Really does strain you after a few mile in slow traffic stuck behind.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
The absolute blind **** in the audi estate.
Two rear fog lights on. Flashed him, nothing flashed again, nothing once more you guessed it. Nothing. Completely oblivious to having them on blinding every car behind him. Really does strain you after a few mile in slow traffic stuck behind.
And in a parallel world ….there was this guy behind me flashing his lights at me for some reason! No idea why. Maybe he thought he knew me😂💁

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
And in a parallel world ….there was this guy behind me flashing his lights at me for some reason! No idea why. Maybe he thought he knew me😂💁
Possibly but common sense would kick in and go well there is a light on the dash showing my rear fogs on. Most wouldn't flash more than once if they knew you again you wouldn't flash from behind if I knew you as you couldn't see me.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Possibly but common sense would kick in and go well there is a light on the dash showing my rear fogs on. Most wouldn't flash more than once if they knew you again you wouldn't flash from behind if I knew you as you couldn't see me.
Common sense… not common.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Flashed a fiesta earlier 4 times that had no lights on. They never twigged and kept sailing on 🤷‍♂️
Unfortunately working nightshift means I see this sort of thing at least once driving to work and then again in the morning. Or the other new one seems to be driving with just side lights on - I suppose at least this way they have rear lights.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Unfortunately working nightshift means I see this sort of thing at least once driving to work and then again in the morning. Or the other new one seems to be driving with just side lights on - I suppose at least this way they have rear lights.
I'm out delivering pizzas so I see it all the time too but normally a flash or 2 is all they need to twig on.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
The ones you encounter must be more switched on because almost all of the ones I see never realise that I am even flashing my lights at them. I even had one the other night in front of me and when we got to the next set of lights I rolled down my window and nicely told him to switch on his lights and I had been flashing him to warm him. He just said ok, put up his window and drove off - he didn’t even put his lights on 🤦‍♂️

c_rad

RMS Regular
Heading to work this morning and an extra 40 mins added to my journey in total due to balloons. Lorry transporting a caravan over Shane's hill in the dark, driving in the middle/wrong side of the road, slamming on brakes constantly from 30ish mph to a standstill or to avoid a bit of tree he's seen last minute, so never a safe opportunity to pass. Probably better to wait until daylight to move something like this?

Once had eventually cleared that nuisance it was on to the next on the Kilrea road, 35mph-50mph then brake back down to 35mph again... was 6 cars back so again, no safe chance to pass. Couldn't even set the cruise control and just amble along due to the state of the constant speeding up and slowing down.

Just a hateful drive to the office today. Getting quite fed up with the commute from Larne to Upperlands now.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Heading to work this morning and an extra 40 mins added to my journey in total due to balloons. Lorry transporting a caravan over Shane's hill in the dark, driving in the middle/wrong side of the road, slamming on brakes constantly from 30ish mph to a standstill or to avoid a bit of tree he's seen last minute, so never a safe opportunity to pass. Probably better to wait until daylight to move something like this?

Once had eventually cleared that nuisance it was on to the next on the Kilrea road, 35mph-50mph then brake back down to 35mph again... was 6 cars back so again, no safe chance to pass. Couldn't even set the cruise control and just amble along due to the state of the constant speeding up and slowing down.

Just a hateful drive to the office today. Getting quite fed up with the commute from Larne to Upperlands now.
That IS a commute. I thought Ballynure to Antrim was bad!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am Dundonald to Magheralin :worried: have become used to the commute now but you are literally a corner a way from being behind a tractor, R driver, soccer mom SUV or anything else doing ridiculously slow speeds or braking every moment - can really set your mood for the day :worried:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The state a farmer down the road has left a good half mile section of road near my house in today after going in and out of a field all day. It's treacherous in a car, wouldn't want to be hitting it on a bike!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
The state a farmer down the road has left a good half mile section of road near my house in today after going in and out of a field all day. It's treacherous in a car, wouldn't want to be hitting it on a bike!
Ahhh don’t talk about them and tractors. Stuck behind a tractor from Donemana to Newbuildings today. Complete bellend with 15 cars behind. Could’ve pulled in loads. Almost wiped out this morning by tractor and the person driving on the phone and seeing me at last minute near Gortin. 🤬

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Are farmers not responsible to clean the road after wrecking it? Are they not accountable if an accident occurs?

From memory @Jason was involved in an accident on the way to a show due to a muddy road???