What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Short Strand, Belfast. Bit of a mental crossroads tbh but in succession, 2 R players going through a red light one after the other.

I knew they were going to do it so was on the horn to warn them but didn’t seem to bat an eyelid. Thankfully no accidents.
Think the R plates should be given hard tack with this kinda stuff. Knock the sh1te driving outta them at the start. In the long run, they'll be better drivers for it.

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Think the R plates should be given hard tack with this kinda stuff. Knock the sh1te driving outta them at the start. In the long run, they'll be better drivers for it.
Same thing with an R plated Morrow van. I’m in the right filter on Upper Newtownards Road to head down past Campbell etc; green filter for me goes and I’m moving right only for yer man to sail on through. Given the size of that junction he couldn’t really have skipped the lights (or if he did he was taking the piss) but rather has gone on through by mistake from another filter. He held his hands up and flashed the four ways as he’s passed me so I’ll give him benefit of doubt.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
M1 from Dublin is going to kill me. The quality of driving and lane discipline is appalling. Gets my blood pressure sky high every time and I genuinely believe it's making me a worse driver with less patience

Plus you have to sit on the bumper of the car infront otherwise 3 cars will undertake you the cut you up. Ended up hitting a delaminated lorry tyre today, thrown up by the transit infront of me. Luckily no damage done to the work jeep though

I was doing mallusk to Dublin almost daily for nearly a year there and I feel your pain, its absolutely soul destroying and the driving is appalling!

Jumped at a bit of work in Denmark there just to get me off the road, was about to pack It it tbh.

Was dreading the winter months commute.

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Volvo xc90 drivers
Twice yesterday I had to stop cause they swerved on to my side of the road. I stopped they swerved back to their own side and carried on oblivious to what happened.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Volvo xc90 drivers
Twice yesterday I had to stop cause they swerved on to my side of the road. I stopped they swerved back to their own side and carried on oblivious to what happened.
Important people doing important things don't you know

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I’m fairly certain the majority of other road users are just poorly programmed AI at this stage.
Just wayfind along a set path and no rules or external factors seem to apply to any of them.
8F46BB71-D194-4BD0-9C21-3FEC9D3ED9A9.gif

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Victoria Arcade car park. You can only reverse park in half of them due to the angles of the paint marks.

Then there's the cost. Just over 10 mins - £3.40 please, cos we're robbing you blind. Deckers!!!!

karl7900

RMS Regular
Drives
Touareg 3.2 V6
I’m fairly certain the majority of other road users are just poorly programmed AI at this stage.
Just wayfind along a set path and no rules or external factors seem to apply to any of them.
View attachment 379851
I've said it before but I am convinced there is now a generation of drivers on our roads brought up on Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto and drive accordingly

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just outside lane hoggers bugged me this morning :mad:

Last night on the back roads from Hillsborough to Legacurry just some pain in the ass moron in front braking at everything and taking corners at a crawling pace

Going to be a long winter :worried:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Just came out of Ards MOT centre. If anyone knows the junction at the end of the road is wild for people jumping the lights.
An estate car didn't just slightly jump, he crossed my path after my lights were well green. I give him the full beam into the side of his car . . . . . . .he flashed his blues once then back off again.

Unmarked police. Pretty sure they can't just run a red light without having at a minimum of the blues going but sure a wee blip after ive near t-boned him will do. 🧐

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Just came out of Ards MOT centre. If anyone knows the junction at the end of the road is wild for people jumping the lights.
An estate car didn't just slightly jump, he crossed my path after my lights were well green. I give him the full beam into the side of his car . . . . . . .he flashed his blues once then back off again.

Unmarked police. Pretty sure they can't just run a red light without having at a minimum of the blues going but sure a wee blip after ive near t-boned him will do.
If you have dashcam footage report him, he thinks he can just jump the lights because he's a peeler. I beeped the horn at a marked police car for not indicating and nearly hitting me. They gave me a bit of grief for beeping at them, but I had dashcam footage and told them that they aren't above the law and that I felt they were hassling me for it, they soon said sorry and went on their merry way.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
If you have dashcam footage report him, he thinks he can just jump the lights because he's a peeler. I beeped the horn at a marked police car for not indicating and nearly hitting me. They gave me a bit of grief for beeping at them, but I had dashcam footage and told them that they aren't above the law and that I felt they were hassling me for it, they soon said sorry and went on their merry way.
I would have dashcam footage but it will only show the side profile of his car, no reg unfortunately

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Christ. That was a rough trip tonight.
Silver fiesta all over the road, breaking for any car on the opposite side into the hard shoulder then across to the white line. Flashed indicators on a road with no turns.

Counted at least 8 people that wouldn't dip lights. Sitting at traffic lights completely oblivious to it all.

The Jag that couldn't indicator behind me but instead flashed everytime.

The amount of people that are so disengaged with actually being on the road it's mind blowing. I do wonder how there isn't more accidents.

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
Christ. That was a rough trip tonight.
Silver fiesta all over the road, breaking for any car on the opposite side into the hard shoulder then across to the white line. Flashed indicators on a road with no turns.

Counted at least 8 people that wouldn't dip lights. Sitting at traffic lights completely oblivious to it all.

The Jag that couldn't indicator behind me but instead flashed everytime.

The amount of people that are so disengaged with actually being on the road it's mind blowing. I do wonder how there isn't more accidents.

It's getting worse.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
I've invented a new condition. I'm calling it "foreign taxi-driver syndrome". I am a sufferer!
Basically, and trying not to sound big headed, I have been driving for so long now and can read the road ahead to a good level. Hence people dilly-dallying, driving too slow, taking an age to react to any external factors ABSOLUTELY INFURIATES ME!
Things would move so much smoother without the huge number of cretins on the road that spend so much time faffing about.

This coupled with the fact I am nearly always in a rush these days, running after kids and balancing work life, has resulted in me absolutely hate being on the road!

Foreign taxi-driver syndrome. You heard it here 1st!🤣

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
:mad: giant puddle of water this morning on the back roads - I see it a mile off so I slow right down and put hazards on for the car behind me while we crawl through it but this tit coming towards me decides to go full monsoon through it drowning both our cars - obviously we didn't get wet ourselves but flip me

Miss Piggy Frown GIF by Muppet Wiki

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
:mad: giant puddle of water this morning on the back roads - I see it a mile off so I slow right down and put hazards on for the car behind me while we crawl through it but this tit coming towards me decides to go full monsoon through it drowning both our cars - obviously we didn't get wet ourselves but flip me

I had an interesting one a few weeks back. Local roads always flood in the same place and usually quite bad. Some person was tailgating me down the road so everytime I can near a flooded part, I’d stick the indicator on to alert the driver behind and then I’d go onto the opposite side of the road to avoid it, to which they followed suit but still not backing off. After 3 or 4 and the fact they still sat right on my rear bumper I decided not to indicate for the next one, I avoided it, they ploughed straight into it, and that seemed to create a bit of manners, and they then backed off.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155

Wife had similar last week, flood on both sides of the road so slowed down and went through the middle. Van coming the opposite direction just ploughed on and drowned the car while giving some advice in sign language. People are d1cks.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am all for people getting outside, doing some fitness, exploring etc... but common sense would be great when doing these things

Between the hours of 0730-0900, roads are busy with people commuting to work, school runs, dropping kids off at day care/minders, etc... but people think its a good idea (in dark mornings) to still walk the dog, go for a run or cycle during this time with no concept of traffic around them

The back roads I travel are usually quite busy with milk lorries, tractors, school buses plus cars and most mornings I come across dog walkers and runners so I am prepared for them

However, this morning, there was a female jogger, who was on the right side of the road for once jogging towards me, head down, head phones on, not paying attention, no hi-vis, not overly close to the edge of the road, so I indicate to give her a wide berth but in doing so, another car comes racing round the corner up ahead - plenty of time to hit the brakes.

The jogger didn't even look up, wave or anything. The other driver and I just looked at each other bewildered and just drove on. There will be a serious accident on that road some day :worried: