What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
The melt that drove through Comber and out the dual carriageway about half 6 this evening towing a v large caravan that had no lights.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
More driving than usual this week resulted in more annoyance on the road. Too many to recall, but top of the list is being stuck in a line of cars at night and none of them having the balls to overtake.

Also being stuck directly behind someone at night on an unfamiliar road, and them not putting on their main beam to assist with an overtake.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
New council notice today aswell.
Had a nosey at it it this morning ... no MOT or tax, looking like it wasn't insured.
1706359646101.png

1706359416543.png

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Granny this morning doing 20mph on Gransha Road with no safe straight to pass :mad:

On the way back, the dumbo woman cutting a hard right hander while I am coming round in the Q5, must have been mm between the cars!

WeeBenny

RMS Member
People who speed up as you go to overtake on a dual carriageway/motorway. Cruise control set to 70mph the whole time, pull out into the overtaking lane and the wee Kia in front of me decides it needs to do 80mph. I switched between the left lane and the overtaking lane 3 times before I finally got past.

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
People who speed up as you go to overtake on a dual carriageway/motorway. Cruise control set to 70mph the whole time, pull out into the overtaking lane and the wee Kia in front of me decides it needs to do 80mph. I switched between the left lane and the overtaking lane 3 times before I finally got past.
This happens every single day in the lorry, pull out to go past someone doing 55 then they speed up. Clearly not paying attention

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Getting a puncture on the way into work. Reckon I picked it up on the M2 near Antrim Hospital because of the rate the tyre was losing air after the TPMS warning it couldn't have been much sooner. Had to use my portable tyre inflator then down to Kerr's Tyres in Antrim for an inspection. Thankfully they were able to fix it pretty promptly.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
The balloon in a red A class who wouldn’t pass the police landover on the A1 at more than 1mph faster than it was going. And that was about 58mph. Ffs the limit is 70 and the road was clear in front of you.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The balloon in a red A class who wouldn’t pass the police landover on the A1 at more than 1mph faster than it was going. And that was about 58mph. Ffs the limit is 70 and the road was clear in front of you.

Find that everywhere that people will not pass police cars who are driving under the speed limit - does my head in

WeeBenny

RMS Member
Find that everywhere that people will not pass police cars who are driving under the speed limit - does my head in
When I was a learner I had a police car stay behind me all the way from the Lodge Road Roundabout in Coleraine to the Portrush Roundabout. 45mph the whole way, nobody overtook me or the police car, even on the dual carriageway section.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA

Sailed past 3 landrovers on Sunday night I think it was on the a1 with cruise set at 73, few people staying behind them. My friend brakes and slows down dramatically if he even sees a police car on the opposite side of the motorway ffs

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Sailed past 3 landrovers on Sunday night I think it was on the a1 with cruise set at 73, few people staying behind them. My friend brakes and slows down dramatically if he even sees a police car on the opposite side of the motorway ffs

Notice that too or if there is a police car pulled up on the left already pulled someone over, people shnit their knicks and slow down - police man has already won, can't do anything while dealing with someone they have caught

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Notice a lot of people gambling the lights these day. Amber for a long time and sail through, or even turn red just before they nip through. Does my head in

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Notice a lot of people gambling the lights these day. Amber for a long time and sail through, or even turn red just before they nip through. Does my head in

Guilty this morning 🙋‍♂️ was at a junction where the lights where and boosted through to go hard left and then car under steered towards the grass verge/kerb, so I probably looked a right tool to the people behind :joy:

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Rigger blasting past the peelers yesterday

View attachment 423652
Innit!! 🤣

Took the fright there as I was hussling the XJ down to Dundalk at the weekend.;)
That or people at the front of the queue crawling forward while the lights are still red ff.s

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Not today but over the last few nights this week. Drivers coming the other way at night who don't dip their headlights. I used to get the odd one and a quick flash to let them know, no harm done.

Lately however the quick flash has been ignored and there seems to be more drivers who think this is ok. I gave one drive a flash, no response so gave him the full beam, only for him to honk as he went past me.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Lot of auto/matrix lights about now. Drivers think it does it all and they don't need to dip as the car will do it. Never mind blinding you from a distance most people just generally don't care.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Someone on here quoted:

"40 is the new 60" which has stuck in my mind and comes up every time I approach a car doing 30-40mph in a 60 which just farrrrrrrrrrrrks me right off - was wild today heading from Moira to Downpartrick.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Probably me 🤣
I swear some roads need the speed signs taken down to 40 cause no one every gets above it anyway.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Someone on here quoted:

"40 is the new 60" which has stuck in my mind and comes up every time I approach a car doing 30-40mph in a 60 which just farrrrrrrrrrrrks me right off - was wild today heading from Moira to Downpartrick.
I laugh, only because I've the same reaction.

Missus said to me, you like to go fast.

They like to go slow.

Live with it.

Kinda put me in my place tbh.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I laugh, only because I've the same reaction.

Missus said to me, you like to go fast.

They like to go slow.

Live with it.

Kinda put me in my place tbh.

I know and I do as in most cases there is nothing you can do but what really fries my loaf is that when you pass them, they then flash the life out of you like you've committed a crime

Point yesterday coming home from Downpatrick, there was straight down a hill coming into a 30, perfect place to over take and slow down to 30 considering this person was doing 40 (and probably continued to do the 40 in the 30). I overtook, followed by them flashing the life out of me 🤷‍♂️ I just don't get it