What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Tru, but with today's modern engines being a lot smaller, a lot of them just don't have the grunt to do an overtake. But you’re 100% right. First one behind not overtaking the slow one at the front only compounds the issue.
Cars are more powerful today than they have ever been despite engine size perhaps being smaller. There are probably very few sub 100bhp cars on the market these days. Albeit cars themselves have got heavier.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Cars are more powerful today than they have ever been despite engine size perhaps being smaller. There are probably very few sub 100bhp cars on the market these days. Albeit cars themselves have got heavier.
True, but I should have clarified that modern cars while being more powerful, seem to be set up to be as economical as possible trading off against performance.

As you say, being heavier won't help in the slightest.

Maybe @gav525 wee Micra might be the way to go.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
True, but I should have clarified that modern cars while being more powerful, seem to be set up to be as economical as possible trading off against performance.

As you say, being heavier won't help in the slightest.

Maybe @gav525 wee Micra might be the way to go.
I thought @gav525 's micra was a doomsday car? When Russia launch the nukes, it's going to be one of the few left driving and the EMP won't have any electronics to fry. It and grey ferggies

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
PSNI stopping LDerry/Belfast bound traffic at Castledawson roundabout to give (what I expected to be a critical emergency) but no, it was a 1000 lorries the right of way for some reason… A lorry show in the arse end of nowhere I suspect and half the PSNI are out of force stopping traffic at roundabouts. I would like to call them a naughty name now, but I won’t lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am not 100% sure how traffic lights work be it on timers/PLC binary/pressure plates but they have def changed on my way into Belfast from Dundonald at 0530 with red lights coming on for no traffic anywhere bar myself in the area :mad:

No big deal but just annoying

DJMCA

RMS Regular

Not related to the antics in your video but the road surfaces at that junction and the one from circular road are horrendous! Some massive craters there now, i crawl over them. Its like the surface of Mars ffs

Meeky

RMS Regular
Drives
Corsa VXR
Ards roundabout to Dundonald, I'm coming around and heading to Dundonald and some moron pulls out last minute quickly, but then slows down just after he pulls out meaning I have to come to a complete stop in the middle of the roundabout. Horned the f''k, but as usual they had zero idea what was going on round them ffs.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Useless f*ckers that buy large SUVs but are completely unable to judge the size of their vehicle and as a result cut other lanes and nearly take the side out of you.

Useless f*ckers that drive through carpark spaces as a shortcut and sail on without looking....again nearly taking the front of my car.

Can you tell I'm having a good day? :joy:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The absolute plonker this morning in a small white van coming down from Lanyon Place in Belfast to St.Georges market at 0530 this morning - stopped at a green light 🤯 🤯 thank goodness I was paying close attention!

MattM101

RMS Regular
Drives
Pirelli GTI
On my way to MOT, shortly after nearly getting wiped out on the main roundabout into Newtownards, I'm at the Comber Rd roundabout waiting to turn left to the centre.... A bird just decides to empty a year's worth of crap onto the car....

Washed last night 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ards roundabout to Dundonald, I'm coming around and heading to Dundonald and some moron pulls out last minute quickly, but then slows down just after he pulls out meaning I have to come to a complete stop in the middle of the roundabout. Horned the f''k, but as usual they had zero idea what was going on round them ffs.
This just happened to me 10 mins ago. Same spot!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Useless f*ckers that buy large SUVs but are completely unable to judge the size of their vehicle and as a result cut other lanes and nearly take the side out of you.

Useless f*ckers that drive through carpark spaces as a shortcut and sail on without looking....again nearly taking the front of my car.

Can you tell I'm having a good day? :joy:
On the flip side, people in moderately sized crossovers (you know the type) that think they’re driving a Canyonero and have to slow down to 15mph on a NSL road any time there’s an oncoming car/bike/leaf on the road.

IMG_7887.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Had a class one while heading up to the airport last night to pick up my daughter. Heading up a small-ish back road (British Road for those who know the area) and around halfway up there's a gentle right and a Suzuki crossover thingy coming towards the bend and just didn't turn, heading straight for me. I was looking for places to pull in to get away from it and ended up just stuffing it into the ditch in a bid to get out of their way. They made a turn around 5 - 10 ft away from my door and just drove on, I was stopped by then. I didn't even have time to use the horn or anything. Just sat there for a few seconds to gather myself before carrying on. My guess is either chatting to someone they'd just picked up at the airport or on the phone, didn't get a good look at who was driving or what they were doing because the light was reflecting off their screen. 🤷‍♂️

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
The absolute **** 450 AG in her big Merc jeep that decided to both undertake and then overtake me while pulling across the Ards to Dundonald carriageway into the median filter lane. I have a new mortal enemy.