What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
The absolute **** 450 AG in her big Merc jeep that decided to both undertake and then overtake me while pulling across the Ards to Dundonald carriageway into the median filter lane. I have a new mortal enemy.
That sounds like the wab, who drove down the bus lane on the Newtownards Road 1 day, then decided to nearly clean me out changing lanes as I was waiting on a car in front turning into Stormont. I gave her a toot of the horn as she started having a hairy fit, then pointed at my dashcam, she soon calmed down and stayed about 50 metres away from me the whole way to Holywood Exchange,

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Sadly I wasn't in the Tesla today or I'd post the footage.

Basically this, she tried to undertake when I started to cross the lanes, then swung round the back in the middle of the road. She's a clown.

1718095545763.png

Last edited:

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
I am not 100% sure how traffic lights work be it on timers/PLC binary/pressure plates but they have def changed on my way into Belfast from Dundonald at 0530 with red lights coming on for no traffic anywhere bar myself in the area :mad:

No big deal but just annoying

Usually work off dedicated traffic light controllers with timers built in but they are similar to a PLC. Emergency light detectors, pedestrian crossing buttons and induction loops are a common input into them.

I'd imagine in this day there's a good chance they could program them remotely, but not fully sure. Sometimes it's best to have stuff standalone too so it can't be hacked into and messed with.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Was up at Cookstown yesterday and had a van with a trailer cut in, and then out again with no indication until he was actually changing lanes. That was on the way there, had a Flogas lorry do the same on the Castledawson-Toome dual cabbageway on my way back. Driving standards are in the toilet, but yeah, it's all about speed you know.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I’d to go up to the Royal this afternoon and at least 5 or 6 cars went through the red light, flabbergasted at the state of some drivers

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
The 0530 tw@t doing 20 in a 30 and 40 with no where to pass :mad:

The 0830 tw@t doing 25 from Moira roundabout, to Moira (60), through Moira (30), out of Moira (40), to Magheralin (60)

I was in no rush but just annoying

c_rad

RMS Regular
Drives
Range Rover
The 0530 tw@t doing 20 in a 30 and 40 with no where to pass :mad:

The 0830 tw@t doing 25 from Moira roundabout, to Moira (60), through Moira (30), out of Moira (40), to Magheralin (60)

I was in no rush but just annoying
They are the worse roads for absolute mongs to be stuck behind.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Catching people sleeping (not literally) on the road and you take advantage of their lack of attention for them to then take great offence to this with their main lights and hand gestures 🤷‍♂️

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR A4 Avant
Catching people sleeping (not literally) on the road and you take advantage of their lack of attention for them to then take great offence to this with their main lights and hand gestures 🤷‍♂️
They're just agreeing with you bud, telling you that they were right W⚓️, with the NesCafe shake the beans wave;)